Quantcast Fastpass Changes In March - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I will continue to post... so, i dunno what your post really is meant to do..
    My post was simply meant to communicate my observation that the thread had lost much of its civility (others apparently agreed) and that it was apparently a bigger deal to some people than perhaps they even realized themselves. Happy postings.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After taking a few days to digest this news, it really won't affect us much. We usually do the most of the headliners first thing in the morning and use FP a handful of times throughout our trip. I think we've missed one return time over the years and that was due to a meal taking longer than we'd planned.

However, I fail to see the logic of allowing entry "5 minutes before". If they are going to enforce times, why not the start time, which has NEVER been flexible to the best of my knowledge. Can a CM or someone in the know explain the allowing early entry please?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I'm not worried about the 5 min early because we've never been admitted early but I'm not liking the 15 min after part. We often show up late for our FP return time.
    Same here.
    Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they do enforce the fastpass time.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm no longer at TSM
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW...am I . I had no idea you could use FP after the time frame. Im the one at the FP return 10 minutes early watching the clock and if I missed the time frame, I just trashed the FP or kept it for the scrapbook

I do feel bad for the CMs now having to enforce this and the guests returning at the correct time havining to wait longer now because I'm sure some guests will be arguing with the CMs at the FP entrance....
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    And, honestly, the more I think about the "NexGen" fastpass thing, the more I HOPE they offer premium fastpasses that you can pay for and that you can buy to the parameters you set.
    It's bad enough I feel that green envy sneak up everytime I see folks on a GF bus or a Poly bus. That's a perk I'll never be able to afford. Shoot, I can't squeeze out an extra $200 for the ParkHopper option on 4 tickets. For Disney to actually sell a FastPass system would push me and many other away FOR GOOD. It would mean that others are taking up more fastpass slots, which means fewer for me and even longer stand-by lines.

I like the idea that when someone walks into WDW or DL, they are equal with the person right next to them. Same lines for rides, same lines for food, same chance to get a spot for parades, same chance at a fastpass. If they can make you pay for fastpass, they can make you pay for parade spots, firework spots, and everything else. Don't like that at all.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Disneyworld in a few years but we frequent DL often. On our last trip we had 4 girls 4 and under. We would get to the park for rope drop get fast passes for a ride and continually get fast passes as our windows open. We generally used them when our windows opened. But there were times when we would run into a character they had to see, have to do bathroom stops, kids needing food all of a sudden or having to go back to the hotel for a nap.

It was nice to know that we could use those passes when we got back to the park or back to our planned schedule.

Am I going to be in the fast pass line and having to run out because of a potty emergency and than get evil glares for coming back in line?

There are six of us am I going to have to pay 100 a head for fast passes that's 600 dollars.

We are planning a trip for 2013. Would like to book it when good deals come up but can't do that how would we book our meals six months in advance. My girls want to eat in the castle. And it's not like we can afford a deluxe for six people.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allenfow98 View Post
    I have in the past used the fastpass later than the window , its been a convinience knowing we can use it later than the time stated. I have no problem with the window being inforced, it was meant the keep the crowds controlled during the day.
    As far as a ride breaking down , i dont see why there has to be a problem, cant they just create a special RIDE MALFUNCTION fastpass that doesnt have a stated window time.
    How would that work? If the ride is down when you return for your fastpass time, the CM exchanges your pass for the malfuntion pass? Interesting idea...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    How would that work? If the ride is down when you return for your fastpass time, the CM exchanges your pass for the malfuntion pass? Interesting idea...
    No need to do that... If you return during your FP time and the ride is down, CMs are told to allow you in later in the day... It is part of their Fastpass operational reminders...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got o imagine the 5 minutes before is to get rd of the loiterers that always go early and argue that it's just 1 minutes. Otherwise, you just print the actual time on the tickets and enforce it.

Gotta be a psychological ploy of some sort.

The pay to play is lready in progress. Fantasmic Package, Candlelight Processional Package, etc. Fastpass is coming. Getting rid of the all-day return is probably a step to open up more capacity.

How so? Well, currently, they have a set number. Once distributed, they can come back at any point. There's probably a large amount or stragglers. If you can stop that, say 5% expire out, you can open up 5% more to be distributed.

Post Thanks / Like

You know that look on people's faces when you tell them you are going to Disney again, and they ask you how can you afford to go so much? Our response as always been, "It's not as expensive as you think it is."

Well if some of the NextGen things are true and you have to pay for Fast Passes, we won't really be able to respond that way.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    It's bad enough I feel that green envy sneak up everytime I see folks on a GF bus or a Poly bus. That's a perk I'll never be able to afford. Shoot, I can't squeeze out an extra $200 for the ParkHopper option on 4 tickets. For Disney to actually sell a FastPass system would push me and many other away FOR GOOD. It would mean that others are taking up more fastpass slots, which means fewer for me and even longer stand-by lines.

I like the idea that when someone walks into WDW or DL, they are equal with the person right next to them. Same lines for rides, same lines for food, same chance to get a spot for parades, same chance at a fastpass. If they can make you pay for fastpass, they can make you pay for parade spots, firework spots, and everything else. Don't like that at all.
    Major league here!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I've got o imagine the 5 minutes before is to get rd of the loiterers that always go early and argue that it's just 1 minutes. Otherwise, you just print the actual time on the tickets and enforce it.

Gotta be a psychological ploy of some sort.
    Now, the loiterers will show up 5 minutes before the 5 minute early mark!!

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    The pay to play is lready in progress. Fantasmic Package, Candlelight Processional Package, etc. Fastpass is coming. Getting rid of the all-day return is probably a step to open up more capacity.

How so? Well, currently, they have a set number. Once distributed, they can come back at any point. There's probably a large amount or stragglers. If you can stop that, say 5% expire out, you can open up 5% more to be distributed.
    You have a valid point here, but in all the cases you state, and for all of those "events," you can still wait in the Stand-By lines if you don't want to 'Pay-To-Play.'

Where the 'Pay-To-Play' idea irks me is when you take into account the "parties" in MK -- MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc. -- they close down the park earlier than normal closing time, allow people in hours before the "party," and herd those not paying out.

Sorry for going 'Off Topic' here!!! My bad!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

This bummed me out. We go all the time and I like having the flexibility to having the day to use the fast passes that I've raced around to get for my family.
    I can make the times, but I liked having the freedom, since it's not always possible to make it in that hour window.
    To be honest, I never really like the fast passes to begin with. Just throw us all in the same line like the good ol' days. (Can't do that now if they can make money off of fast passes though)

Post Thanks / Like

I do beleive that some form of fastpass will remain free. The pat part could be...

a. Done in your hotel room, you pick the ride(s) the night before, and get something delivered in the morning with your passes.
    b. Based on your accomodations, value gets one per two hour period, moderates gets two, deluxe gets three. All tied to your room key/tickets, so nobody knows you're better than everyone else.
    c. A front of the line pass like sold at Universal.

I can think of all sorts of ways to monetize the system. People will pay, especially if they start enforcing the return windows.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Disney doesn't start charging for FastPasses, employing the old ATM philosophy: get them hooked on it then charge them for the convenience later.

When I tell family and friends about how wonderful WDW is, I always cite their FREE FastPass system as a perk. Years ago, we went to Six Flag (when they purchased Geauga Lake) and we paid $12 per person for their QueBot. We were outraged, but it was the only way to ride any rides. (That was a poorly run park.)

Currently, because we aren't paying extra for FastPasses, the guests are likelier to be more lenient if the system isn't perfect. If we are asked to pay extra for it, we will DEMAND it operates perfectly. We will become irate if it isn't perfect!

And Disney will lose a little more Magic in the process.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I think people are getting extremely worked up over a lot of speculation.

By trade I work in IT logistics and I can tell you that EVERYTHING is now leaning towards automation and logistics. That being said, logistics doesn't work unless there is strict structure in place. Rules must be followed in order to maintain flow. Disney spends millions every year monitoring queue times and think tanking ways to make lines shorter and more enjoyable for guests. The future of logistics is RFID chips. Credit cards already have them and Disney is already implementing it with Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. The NextGen pass will most likely be this technology implemented into your ticket. No longer will there be a FastPass ticket station but simply a kiosk in which you wave your ticket at and it will program the chip with your rid return time. In order for this to work properly and crowd distribution to be maintained the return time must be enforced.

Now, that said I do not think Disney will start charging for anything FastPass related. Not in the current economy anyway. They are already fighting tooth and nail to keep customer numbers up. What they will do is try as they always have to make the parks run more efficiently. You can't please everyone and if this means angering the 10% (high estimate) of guests who even knew FastPasses were good after the return window then thats something they have to do. They are the innovator that ALL other amusements parks want to be. To stay that way things must change and people don't like change.

My family and I always say the same thing when visiting other amusement parks. "We had a good time, but it wasn't Disney."

Sorry that was so long but I think we all need to wait and see what happens. I will be at the Magic Kingdom on March 7 and 8 so I will tell you all first hand what happens and probably have quite a few stories of irate guests to share!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post

But they already do charge for parade/fireworks spots. For example, the Fireworks party at MK and the cruises. Plus the viewing areas at IllumiNations for special paid events and special VIP viewing areas for the MK parades. Typically there is some other service provided like dessert but the system is in place.
    Last edited by badkitty; 02-10-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up About **** Time!

Finally! Is it really that hard of a concept to understand? It's design is to allow a certsain amount of guests in a specific window. If many people used them at later times it reduces the FP effectiveness. I love it. Enforce it! No 5 minutes early. No 15 minutes late. just make the window larger than an hour maybe. Perhaps change the calculations and make it an 1 1/2 hour window? They should also do something similar to Universal and maybe put barcodes on the FP and give the CM a scanner to validate the FP. There are going to be a lot of upset people at first but it's only going to be the people that tried to "cheat" the system in the 1st place. Look how many people still use the "I'm trying to get to my family" excuse to cut in line. I know that Disney is all about the magic, but if it ruins the magic for a few to increase the magic for countless thousands, so be it. I love it!
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: