Quantcast Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea

My DH & I have this booked for the first time next weekend. I'm undecided on what we should order. Should we both get the Grand Tea, or is that too much? Would it be better for one of us to order that & supplement with a la carte selections? If that's the better way to go, what else should we order? The menus I've seen say there's a variety of sandwiches, scones, tarts, etc. in the Grand Tea, but don't say exactly how many are included. FWIW, this will be our lunch. We'll be having a dinner in our room later that night. Thanks in advance for the help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few years, but my DW and I really enjoyed our afternoon tea experience. If memory serves me, we ordered everything a la carte. We had the assorted sandwiches and a cheese plate, then ordered a tea for each of us. Everything was very tasty, and the CMs made it a wonderful event. It was plenty to eat at 2pm in the afternoon for us. You won't be stuffed, but it'll be enough

Enjoy!
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a cheese eater and I can't drink for medical reasons, so I always order the Buckingham Palace Tea and it is more than enough. It's basically the Grand Tea minus the champagne and triffle.

It includes: your choice of beverage, a course of tea sandwiches (three) and one onion tart, a course of scones (two?) and a jam tart (one?), and your dessert course: strawberries and cream or a pastry. It's all totally yummy. BTW, if there's a sandwich you don't like (ask ahead of time), you can ask to switch it out for a different one.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I do the afternoon tea as a late lunch/early dinner. Last time, she got the newer "Princess Kate Tea" and I got my usual "Prince Edward's Tea."

Each spread is enough to get us through the evening without being hungry, but we don't feel like we're gorging ourselves.

If I were to guess, if you both got a full spread, you'd skip dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

I just sent you a PM with a review from the Disney Food Blog. It has tons of pictures. I don't agree with many of her comments, I love both the onion and jam tarts and the cucumber sandwich and have never had service like she experienced. Both my husband and I enjoy the tea and have gone a number of times and always go away full, we each order the Buckingham.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I also get the Buckingham Palace tea. I don't drink for Religous reasons. I love the tea. I thought the food was very tasty.
    Last edited by disneynarula; 02-03-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add information
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions. It sounds like both of us ordering the Grand Tea may be too much. I thought we'd also share an order of strawberries & cream. I mostly want to be able to try as many things as possible, which is why I was thinking we'd get the Grand Tea. We plan to have a candlelit dinner in our room comprised of food we pick up at Epcot that evening. It will probably be pretty late, when we eat that. If we're still full, we'll just cut back on what we buy in Epcot.

TheDuckRocks, thanks for the thought. Just so you know, I didn't get a PM. I don't want you to think I got one & ignored it.

Post Thanks / Like

RichGuy, I hadn't noticed the Princess Kate tea, until you mentioned it. Maybe, one of us should get that. Did your wife prefer that or the Grand Tea?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: