Quantcast Which CM would you NOT want to be? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely would not want to be the CM working the Toy Story Mania line when the new fastpass rules take effect in March. Imagine being the one who has to give the bad news to the family (and then deal with the angry parents and crying kids) that made a dash for a fastpass and then didn't get back before their pass expired after their cross country run to and from Tower of Terror and RocknRollerercoaster. Those will be some long days at work.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    I definitely would not want to be the CM working the Toy Story Mania line when the new fastpass rules take effect in March. Imagine being the one who has to give the bad news to the family (and then deal with the angry parents and crying kids) that made a dash for a fastpass and then didn't get back before their pass expired after their cross country run to and from Tower of Terror and RocknRollerercoaster. Those will be some long days at work.
    I just came to this thread, after posting a note about "Ride Rage" on the thread about the new rules. My first impulse after seeing this thread's title was exactly the same as yours....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

The ones who wave goodbye as we're exiting the parks, especially for the last time on our trip. All those sad faces...but I guess that's only a small percentage, now that I think about it, cause most of us have just had a fabulous day and are just 'happy tired', ready to come back again in the morning....I do appreciate those CMs though, cause they help by making me smile even if I'm on my last night!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

A character actor told me that Woody is one of the worst ones due to how the costume fits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronandjulie View Post
    We rode Living With The Land the other day. While on the boat, just before you enter the greenhouse, there is a CM sitting at podium off to the right. That would have to be the worst job ever. Boooooring!
    That's the job that my DH and I fight about that we each want!!
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Honestly, I'd hate to be a CM at the turnstiles for the parks. How absolutely boring must that be?
    I dono that it would be so boring. You get to greet people all day...

I personally would not want to work in foodservice ONLY where you have to take orders. They do that for hours and I used to work at McDonald's as a teenager and I hated it. As far as serving or putting together the trays, I could do that. But then you have a bunch of impatient people staring you down waiting for you to get their food together. I try to be nice and appreciative, as I do at any other restaurant/retail. Thanks CM btw! I hope they give them plenty of breaks!

Also, everyone at the guest services always seem nice. That would be a guaranteed AC job. I would love just giving out FP or whatever to people with pins or just to brighten someone's day.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    A character actor told me that Woody is one of the worst ones due to how the costume fits.
    I really do wonder how much someone that does the costumes makes?
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on very good authority that this is very true. DS#2 made it through part of a day as Woody before he lost all the feeling in his left arm. He mentioned it to his supervisor and they immediately sent him to the infirmary. The costume had pinched a nerve in his neck. He was in therapy for 2 weeks and no more Woody. Apparently he isn't the first CM to have this happen and they are re-designing the costume.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    I have it on very good authority that this is very true. DS#2 made it through part of a day as Woody before he lost all the feeling in his left arm. He mentioned it to his supervisor and they immediately sent him to the infirmary. The costume had pinched a nerve in his neck. He was in therapy for 2 weeks and no more Woody. Apparently he isn't the first CM to have this happen and they are re-designing the costume.

Steve
    Very glad to hear it's being addressed. Because honestly now every time I see Woody all I can think is "man that poor guy..."
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to be a cast member who works overnight when there are no guests in the parks.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to work in the loading area of Spaceship Earth. The rotating floor would probably make me feel seasick and dizzy if I was walking on it all day! But the good news is that I'd get lots of exercise.
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to be the custodian in charge of cleaning the ladies room at the Morroccan pavillion. For some reason, it is always a disgrace. I know to purposely avoid that place. I also would not want to work in the candy store on Main Street, or any place that sells fresh popped popcorn. The smells would be the end of me and I would want to do nothing but eat and eat and eat.

I think I wouldn't mind selling ice cream bars and being able to constantly put my hands inside the freezers when it is so very hot and humid outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on my schedule and others I have talked with for Feb. 29 and Mar. 01 next week, you wouldn't want to be ANY CM for those days.

Should be a fun night though (unless it rains).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I really do wonder how much someone that does the costumes makes?
    $12/hour, more than most of the other CMs.
    "Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out." -Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Steve
    Very glad to hear it's being addressed. Because honestly now every time I see Woody all I can think is "man that poor guy..."

Holy cow! Just yesterday afternoon wife and I were in HS watching the Pixar parade and they had to stop Woody's float, pull him down off of it, and rush him out of the parade and backstage. I don't know the reason, but it can't be just coincidence that there's all these problems all the time with the Woody costume. A cast member friend of mine that was in the parade said that he saw "Woody" after the parade and that he was ok.

Man they gotta do something about these Woody problems!
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Steve

Holy cow! Just yesterday afternoon wife and I were in HS watching the Pixar parade and they had to stop Woody's float, pull him down off of it, and rush him out of the parade and backstage. I don't know the reason, but it can't be just coincidence that there's all these problems all the time with the Woody costume. A cast member friend of mine that was in the parade said that he saw "Woody" after the parade and that he was ok.

Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I would do anything not to be the CMs who take care of the bathrooms. God Bless those workers. They must see things that we cannot even imagine. When you consider the sheer volume of people + people with tummy trouble from traveling + people with tummy trouble from rides + rude stuff - that would just equal my own personal nightmare. Just thinking about it makes me appreciate the wonderful job the cast members do to keep the restrooms spotless even more!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... My cousin was Mickey and Minnie and made more than $12 an hour... I wonder if it was because of the character?
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Normally just heat related during parades, especially during the day parades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I don't think I'd want to be a CM at Journey Into Your Imigination. Its a very boring ride. (Not Disney's best effort.) I think I could get excited about being a CM anywhere else. At JIYI, I think I'd feel like I was stuck somewhere where no one really cared about.
    I have to tell you, we had the BEST EVER experience with a CM at that ride. He was jovial and kidding around while loading guests. My kids wanted to ride again and did, and then we ran into him outside the ride cause his shift was over, and he went up to the kids to see if they rode again. They told him yes, and he gave them a big thumbs-up. He was great!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: