Quantcast Smash - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i'm grumpy View Post
    Loving Thorsten Kaye as Nick.
    Agree! I didn't know the actor's name until recently. He only existed in my head as "hot Irish bartender"
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

He was so good on All My Children.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I know some have lost interest in this show, but I am loving it more and more every episode. I like the 'new' Ivy and how she and Karen are together. I also like Derek, Tom, Julia and Eileen coming together to combat Rebecca. That scene in Eileen's office where they all pointed to Julia writing more dialogue for Rebecca was too funny.

Anyway, I'm interested to see where they are going with Dev, Karen and Derek and also Tom and the dancer. The Eileen/Nick thing I'm not as sure about.

Can't wait for next week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I know some have lost interest in this show, but I am loving it more and more every episode. I like the 'new' Ivy and how she and Karen are together. I also like Derek, Tom, Julia and Eileen coming together to combat Rebecca. That scene in Eileen's office where they all pointed to Julia writing more dialogue for Rebecca was too funny.

Anyway, I'm interested to see where they are going with Dev, Karen and Derek and also Tom and the dancer. The Eileen/Nick thing I'm not as sure about.

Can't wait for next week!
    Agreed. It has been oddly addicting. I really love the musical scenes, too. I like Ivy and Karen having a more friendly rivalry, and I'm worried about the whole Dev situation. I really liked him. How could he? Hoping he has a good explanation and that coworker thing goes nowhere. Uma Thurman has played the Rebecca role really well, I think. I wasn't sure how she would do on this show, and I like the way they have worked that out so far.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Dev! I am so disappointed. There's no getting past that one. Just catching up with this week's show.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

What a tangled mess! I don't like Dev anymore. To be honest, I've never been really over the top for him anyway. He's kinda boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad next week is the finale but happy this was renewed for a season 2!

Dev just needs to go, I don't know how he's going to get himself out of that once Karen finds out, which of course she will one way or another. I thought the ending of Bombshell was awful too, I wouldn't have applauded either.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Sad next week is the finale but happy this was renewed for a season 2!

Dev just needs to go, I don't know how he's going to get himself out of that once Karen finds out, which of course she will one way or another. I thought the ending of Bombshell was awful too, I wouldn't have applauded either.
    Agreed. That's a big downer. I think they might have seen that one coming. Dev does need to go. And yes, he is kind of boring anyway. I liked that he seemed supportive of her career choices at first, but then he became less so and more of a jerk, so... will they drop that bomb next week or let Karen plan a wedding before the truth comes out?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm jumping in kind of late. Worse, I'm jumping in to say that I had to stop watching after Julia cheated on her husband. That just made me sick. She had so many opportunities to walk away. And to hear that she was cheating on her real life husband with her co-star hook up is beyond nauseating. I couldn't handle her walking around, looking all tragic and noble when she was the vile perpetrator.
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

There are successful musicals that end with tragedy but there's usually some sort of message... The one that comes to mind right away is West Side Story, you have Tony getting killed and Maria cradling him, saying "we all killed him" while the music swells. Something was just so blah about the ending of Bombshell. Can't way to see how they work around it.

The problem with the show is clearly the writing. The character development is all over the place. First Ivy is a villain, then we're meant to feel sorry for her, then she's a villain again. Karen is the selfish one, then it's Dev. Derrick is a jerk, then he's not, then he is. There is a difference between establishing room for growth in characters and just flip flopping every other week on whether or not they are a good person. I will be interested to see how it goes next season now that the show runner is being replaced. The musical numbers-meaning the songs from the ACTUAL musical-are the main reason I keep coming back. I want to see more of the theater and less CHEATING. We've had Julia and Michael in an affair, Dev cheating on Karen twice-Kissing RJ and sleeping with Ivy, who was sleeping with him because she was upset Derrick cheated on her with Rebecca. Even Tom started emotionally cheating with Sam behind the back of that Republican lawyer guy whose name I've already forgotten. Enough with the soap opera schmaltz!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved, loved the finale. Of course, Julia is with child by Michael and I doubt Ivy will overdose (although I'm thinking she'll take the pills and be found before it's too late), but the rest of the finale was a surprise to me. Everything was revealed and Karen did great in the production. I like how they teased us at the beginning and then went through the previous 12 hours leading up to the show. I like Derek and do believe he knows what love is and can't help but kinda want him and Karen together....eventually. I like how he told Dev she was his now.

Can't wait for season 2!

Post Thanks / Like

Once again the actual musical behind-the-scenes and production stuff was great, and Karen did make a convincing Marilyn. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that if I want to watch this, I just have to get over the soap opera aspect. But "I haven't thrown up since I was pregnant!" and Ivy with the pills and the evil Ellis saying "You haven't heard the last of me!" He might as well have added a maniacal laugh after that. So cliche. I don't mind soap opera-esque plots in general. I mean, Downton Abby is basically a soap. I recognize that shows like this need cliffhangers and suspense to keep you hooked, but for sure, Smash needs a better script writer. It won't be back on until next February, so hopefully they work out all of the kinks by then.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. Casting Jennifer Hudson just made me a little less anxious for this to come back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ugh. Casting Jennifer Hudson just made me a little less anxious for this to come back.
    Aww... maybe it's time to give her another chance? A lot has happened in her life since the American Idol days...
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Aww... maybe it's time to give her another chance? A lot has happened in her life since the American Idol days...
    She has been through a lot, but I don't really enjoy watching her. I do feel for her personal tragedies. Still, those Weight Watchers commercials, ugh. She is so over the top. I'm still planning on watching.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    She has been through a lot, but I don't really enjoy watching her. I do feel for her personal tragedies. Still, those Weight Watchers commercials, ugh. She is so over the top. I'm still planning on watching.
    Exactly! Although her personal story is tragic, I just...don't like her. I thought her role in Sex and the City was total stunt casting, and I didn't care for it.

I'll watch, and hope it's a short story arc like with Uma.

Yeah, first NeNe Leakes on Glee, and now this. I still haven't even watched the last few episodes of Glee from last season. They totally lost me.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the role in Sex and the City was totally pointless and I wasn't into it. I really did like her in Dreamgirls though, and the only reason I brought up the personal tragedy is because I think it has made her more humble, appreciative etc which I thought was a big reason people were turned off by her. No to get into another back and forth over Jennifer Hudson, but I don't see how her Weight Watchers commercials are any worse than any other celebrity endorsement? I think she looks amazing. I'll give her a chance on Smash...
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

NeNe Leeks actually held her own on Glee, I felt, but overall Glee has really lost its way. I think this may be it's last season, although I bet it will be hard to walk away from the music cash cow. But clearly, Ryan Murphy is now up to his elbows in fresh new TV shows (American Horror Story, The New Normal) that if Glee continues to loose ratings, I think it's over.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: