Quantcast Survivor: One World - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Wow! Just...wow! Is it possible that in the history of Survivor this is the biggest group of morons to be cast on the show??
    I'm almost speechless too. Weren't we talking about how immature the women were a few weeks ago? What the heck was that last night? How stupid and irrational could the men have been? Tarzan is ANNOYING! He sounded ridiculous when he was calling the gals cheaters during the immunity challenge.

Colton is despicable and can anyone say The Help when he was talking about his housekeeper? Oh my lawd! And he expects everyone else to accept him, but he puts down Bill's occupation and money situation and calls Leif a munchkin and all is well. And they all just kinda take it and whimper how sorry they are. Be a real man! Ugh.

I hope next week that the previews aren't misleading us and Colton is getting it coming to him. I will say I am still loving how this season is going back to old school Survivor with the two challenges and there was barely a mention of the stupid HII last night.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I hope next week that the previews aren't misleading us and Colton is getting it coming to him. I will say I am still loving how this season is going back to old school Survivor with the two challenges and there was barely a mention of the stupid HII last night.
    I'm hoping, too, but they love to give us the misleading previews. I also love having the two challenges and agree that Tarzan was ridiculous. I really wish we had a better cast. I like Monica, but I have a feeling this means she won't last.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I mean at one point it was like he was talking to Leif like he was a dog. "You were bad Leif!"
    I completely agree with everything you said except I'm pretty sure it was Tarzan who said this to Leif and not Colton. Maybe Colton said it to, but I specifically remember the moment when Tarzan said it, because I turned to DW and said, "Man, he just talked to him like he was a dog or something!"

This season feels a lot more like Big Brother to me than it does Survivor. I've been complaining for a few seasons now that I think the move from accepting applications for contestants to "casting" the show has hurt it. IMO, there are too many people looking to get a break in acting or modeling and trying to one-up last season's villain. I really prefer when it's just real people who are trying to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other.

But this cast just takes the case ... one week you're slack jawed over the women, the next it's the men, and last night it was both! What a bunch of losers!!!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe they actually gave up their immunity and went to tribal! Is this what happens when a bunch of men get together?? I thought woman were catty. Geez!

Colton is really a piece of work. It's sad that there are people like that in the world. When he said "my maid" my jaw actually dropped.

Why are there so many girls that don't know how to do puzzles?

This season is just crazy.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Why are there so many girls that don't know how to do puzzles?

This season is just crazy.
    And they were looking at what the guys did and still couldn't get it right.

At least this season is more interesting.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't understand what hold Colton has on them. I can't get why if they DID go to tribal they didn't try to BLINDSIDE Colton. ARGH Yes Yes I get that he has the immunity idol...HELLO that only makes YOU invunerable ONE time...not your whole tribe of STUPID.

I tried to have support for Tarzan because he's from my state...uh...sorry...I think Cheeta was smarter. Me thinks he hit a tree sometime in life.

I feel a little bad for Leif. Yes he opened his big mouth but I don't think he meant to destroy. It was stupid mistake but going to tribal was even stupider.

ARGH...can we PLEASE get rid of Colton

My son said that if any of the men win...it will be a most "embarassing" moment because they are all IDIOTS.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to be a diehard fan to stick with this season, and even I am starting to wonder why I am watching. I talked with my mom this morning, and she has been as into Survivor since the beginning as I have-- but she missed it last night and she didn't even care. Colton is so rude and off-putting that she would rather not watch. That's a first. When I told her what happened, she had no regrets.

I can't believe they switched teams and still no one is getting rid of Colton. I usually have one or two people that I like and enjoy watching, but not this time out. I thought maybe Monica could be the one to root for, but that ship has sailed. Casting really dropped the ball this time. A bunch of unlikeable people competing for a million dollars without employing any wise strategy or insight does not make for good TV.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post

I can't believe they switched teams and still no one is getting rid of Colton. I usually have one or two people that I like and enjoy watching, but not this time out. I thought maybe Monica could be the one to root for, but that ship has sailed.

Colton actually landed in the Perfect Storm. Not only does he still retain an idol but his new tribe consists of his core alliance (Leif, Tarzan and Jonas), so with them in the majority absolutely no surprises with Colton being safe. Next week my guess is someone is taken out of the game or his tribe loses another challenge and Christina goes home, then the next week will be the merge at 12 (9 jury and final 3). Once the other tribe sees that Monica went home they should basically throw the immunity challenge and take out one of the guys, keeping the merge numbers at least even at 6-6 and swinging Colton over to give them an advantage.

This has been probably the longest I've gone without being able to remember all the women's names. Just not a lot of real likeable personalities this season. I think the only two guys with a chance of winning at this point would be Jaybird (but I think post merge the target will be too big on his back) and Jonas (I think he's playing the game a bit more than we think, just not sure if he's bright enough to pull it off, but I think he can get close). Troyzan's a bit of a wild card, don't have a good read on him yet. Having no knowledge of spoilers and just going off of how they are being edited, I would say Sabrina or Kim are odds on favorite to win, with Chelsea in the mix as well (but not front runner).

I think as it has played out (and since it is now done) the One World concept was kind of a bust. Not sure why they sent them to separate beaches for basically 6 days, it would have been much more interesting to see the dynamics had they remained on the same beach.

Once again, last weeks preview was just typical Survivor hyperbole, Colton the Super Villain, sorry, just didn't see it, just more hype that didn't live up to its billing, let's see, the majority getting one of the minority to vote out their own, haven't seen that before.

Getting tired too of been there, seen that, done that challenges. If these guys can't come up with more interesting challenges than hauling water from point A to B, then fire the challenge crew and bring in fresh blood. Getting tired of seeing recycled challenges. Although seeing Colton yelling "help me, help me" was worth it.

Unfortunately with people like the Hantz's, Cochran, Colton, Coach, casting these "big personalities" has really diminished the game as all the focus is on them and very little on strategy and this season is shaping up to be no different.

I'm hoping something will happen this season to shake it up and save it. If it keeps going as it has, it will be definitely one of the lesser seasons, and that says a lot of late.

Post Thanks / Like

Default two words

Colton-ugh.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Unfortunately with people like the Hantz's, Cochran, Colton, Coach, casting these "big personalities" has really diminished the game as all the focus is on them and very little on strategy and this season is shaping up to be no different.
    I completely agree with you on this. In fact, I've been saying for a few years now that the shift from applicants to recruits on Survivor has really damaged the overall product.

It's all now about figuring out who the villain(s) are going to be and trying to manufacture controversy and throwing in some sort of "shocking" twist every season ... I really just liked the show when it was about a bunch of real people playing the game against each other. I swear (and I know I've said this before), but it's almost starting to feel like they should change the name of the show to "Big Brother On An Island."
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Karma.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Karma.
    Bye, Colton. You will not be missed!
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Bye, Colton. You will not be missed!
    Cool.... I have something to look forward to. It comes on here in CA in 30 minutes
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... Glad he is gone, but wish he was voted out instead of it being a medical emergency. Hope Alicia is next.... just don't like her.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Wow.... Glad he is gone, but wish he was voted out instead of it being a medical emergency. Hope Alicia is next.... just don't like her.
    No doubt, except that it gives the producers an excuse to bring him back on a future show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    No doubt, except that it gives the producers an excuse to bring him back on a future show.
    I won't watch. This dude is on a whole other level than say Russell or Boston Rob or Johnny Fairplay. I've never seen such ugliness and cattiness as I saw last night with his and Alicia's treatment of Christina. I almost don't believe it's real. Who in their right mind allows someone to talk to them like that, and no one else (Tarzan/Leif/Jonas) thought there was anything wrong with the way they were treating Christina?

I was liking everyone on the Salani tribe (before the merge) for the most part, except I can't tell the two women apart...the bridal shop owner and the other one. LOL! They are like one person to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think the producers will bring Colton back. I read an interview with Probst in which he mentions that the ugliness surprised even them and they realize they have cast someone not that people love to hate, but that the audience truly despises. I think that goes a little too far beyond what they want in a good villain. Watching Colton is just straight up discomforting, and I think they get that. I hope so.

So I was glad to see him go. Didn't even feel bad for him and I know how painful that is. It seemed like karma to me. Alicia is a special ed teacher, so it was especially disheartening to see the way she attacked Christina like a schoolyard mean girl bully. How do these people live with themselves?

I think Jonas really wants to be a big leader type now, but a leader would have stood up to Colton. They had no reason not to. Christina's argument made good sense. Tarzan is just as bad as Alicia, I think. Tarzan and Alicia can't go soon enough for me. Kat's not the brightest bulb, but it was a little endearing watching her learn about appendicitis and wonder how not to have it happen to her. I don't mind most of the people on the premerge Salani side. But now I like Christina. I think she handled a bad situation with grace. We'll see what happens next. It feels like the show gets a new chance to make an impression.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think the producers will bring Colton back. I read an interview with Probst in which he mentions that the ugliness surprised even them and they realize they have cast someone not that people love to hate, but that the audience truly despises. I think that goes a little too far beyond what they want in a good villain. Watching Colton is just straight up discomforting, and I think they get that. I hope so.
    Reading this made me think of the M*A*S*H episode (actually 2 different ones) where Hawkeye puts something in a colonel's drink that gives him pain and removes his appendix so he can't lead his men to slaughter.

Now I know the producers would never do this, but ...
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sorry to see Colton go either, no matter how he went. Good riddance. He and Alicia are just horrible, awful human beings. Some of the things they said to Christina were just way over the line and had nothing to do with playing the game or strategy. When Colton told Christina to throw herself in the fire, I couldn't help but think, "You better watch out, buddy." Karma is exactly right! He got what he deserved by being taken out of the game, Alicia got part of what she deserved by Colton not giving her the immunity idol. I hope she's the next to go and Tarzan can follow her on her way out. Another tactless moron.

I'm still not sure who I like this season. Maybe Jonas? But I agree with others that he should have stepped up and said something about the way Christina was being treated, especially if he wanted to be a leader. I like Christina and think she handled herself very well in the onslaught of garbage thrown at her by Colton and Alicia, but I don't think she'll last too much longer especially after the merge. I maybe like Kim and Chelsea, but still not sure yet. Kat's just a full on dingaling. Oddly enough, I'm finding myself rooting for Troyzan a little bit. He's kind of goofy, but he seems to have a fairly good head on his shoulders, at least so far.

It feels like the merge came way too soon. The tribes were rearranged to women and men for, what? 2 weeks? They should have let that play out a little longer.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Alicia is a special ed teacher, so it was especially disheartening to see the way she attacked Christina like a schoolyard mean girl bully.
    I had that same thought. She reminds me of that horrible woman NaOnka that was on a few seasons ago. It absolutely boggles my mind that someone like that is a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Reading this made me think of the M*A*S*H episode (actually 2 different ones) where Hawkeye puts something in a colonel's drink that gives him pain and removes his appendix so he can't lead his men to slaughter.
    Not to derail, but that was a great episode. Very powerful.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: