Quantcast Peter Pan Interactive Queue

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Peter Pan Interactive Queue

Peter Pan's queue is supposedly going down for refurb and to add the interactive elements to it on January 16th and opening March 6. That would be today. Can anyone confirm this is the case??? January 16th is today... If true, I'm really surprised this wasn't mentioned before...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't confirm -- I won't be there for another 2 weeks. But I'm curious -- how do they shut down a queue but not the ride? Where are people going to line-up?
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I can't confirm -- I won't be there for another 2 weeks. But I'm curious -- how do they shut down a queue but not the ride? Where are people going to line-up?
    That I am not sure about... My understanding is CMs were told about the work being done to the queue starting January 16 and that the ride will remain open... So your guess is as good as mine...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Of all rides that need a better queue, this is at the top of the list. I have no idea how they will accomplish this, but so glad to hear they're trying.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Of all rides that need a better queue, this is at the top of the list. I have no idea how they will accomplish this, but so glad to hear they're trying.
    There isn't a worse queue around. I'll take anything they can do to help ... but if true, I'm surprised there hasn't been more about it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Well considering that information gleaned from other sites states that the new queue will now include the current restrooms near Peter Pan - bet the line will end up running outside the venue.

The current restrooms will be relocated to where the current skyway area is now abandoned. Going to be a bigger project in the end than just adding an interactive queue.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I will be arriving in the World Saturday, planning on a MK visit soon there after so when I get there I will try and update you here and see if I can see anything.

And I agree the PP's there is definitely a need for a better queue at this one!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    Well considering that information gleaned from other sites states that the new queue will now include the current restrooms near Peter Pan - bet the line will end up running outside the venue.

The current restrooms will be relocated to where the current skyway area is now abandoned. Going to be a bigger project in the end than just adding an interactive queue.
    We've discussed this here on INTERCOT in the past, there just hasn't been any buzz about it recently. The construction at the Skyway restrooms has been going on for months. I wonder if this means they are ready to open and if this will be accomplished at this time.

I can't see how 7 weeks is enough time to knock out the old restrooms and construct the new queue though. I mean, it CAN be done, but will Disney employ the manpower to have it done?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree that seems kinda short ... my guess is that the first phase will just add the interactivity to the current queue area and then they'll move on to the "bathroom expansion" phase after that.

They probably want to minimize disruption to the queue as much as possible.

I have to say, I'm going to (I can't believe I'm going to say this ) miss those restrooms. They've always been among my favorites in Disney World.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    There isn't a worse queue around. I'll take anything they can do to help ... but if true, I'm surprised there hasn't been more about it.
    Totally agree! That is one long, boring wait. Love the ride, hate the queue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I have to say, I'm going to (I can't believe I'm going to say this ) miss those restrooms. They've always been among my favorites in Disney World.
    They were mine also....kinda tucked back where not many people found them.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing just seemed weird to me because there was really no advance notice... We always wind up having some sort of notice that Disney will be working on something... But this just came out of nowhere...

I did text a friend of mine who works in MK (in food and beverage though).. She said she heard about the project starting on January 16th... She isn't working there today but she did say she knows the stroller parking across from Pan was recently changed, the construction walls moved outward, and some trees in the area where the new bathrooms are going have been cut... Other than that, she doesn't know if anything has started in Pan today or not... Or what the scope of the project will be...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going tomorrow and will definitely report back. Also will be tweeting live - @INTERCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm going tomorrow and will definitely report back. Also will be tweeting live - @INTERCOT.
    Please do Mel, curious to know what is going on and that we can still go on it. Is Dumbo still open? I heard they had closed it. I wish they would do something about the bathrooms at the pass through from FrL to AL, it always smells bad over there

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.. Thanks Mel!!! Will be looking for your updates...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Please do Mel, curious to know what is going on and that we can still go on it. Is Dumbo still open? I heard they had closed it. I wish they would do something about the bathrooms at the pass through from FrL to AL, it always smells bad over there
    Dumbo is closed and has started to be removed already...

Post Thanks / Like

So Dumbo will the new version when it reopens next month, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

So Dumbo will the new version when it reopens next month, correct?
    Walt Disney World's website now says March for Dumbo... From a press release, sounds like Disney will open the new Dumbo spinner first while the old Dumbo spinner gets refurbished... So, new spinner first, later in the year old spinner opens... Both should be operational by end of 2012...

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would do something about the bathrooms at the pass through from FrL to AL, it always smells bad over there
    Are you talking about the Pan bathrooms?

Hmmm, that's an interesting update on the Dumbos. I thought the time period was a little low in order to get everything in working condition. I was hoping though because the new one has been in place for awhile now.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about the Pan bathrooms?
    No, the ones located at the pass through where you can walk from Frontierland directly into Adventureland

Thanks for the info on Dumbo, I can prepare the kiddo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: