Quantcast Help!! Need Ideas!! Quickly!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!! Need Ideas!! Quickly!!

We have booked a weekend trip in January and was going to keep it a secret from our boys 11 and 7. We've decided to tell them Christmas Day and was thinking of neat ways to do it. I was thinking of a box inside a box, inside a box (and so on) of clues. They are lucky and have been to Disney a gazillion times, so if I put a stuffed Mickey inside, they'll know in a second. We are staying at Boardwalk, so I was thinking of a box of Salt Water Taffy, a Monopoly Game. The final box will be the envelope with the magic express booklet and luggage tags. That's all I've got so far. I'd like a few more boxes. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!!! Thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your idea is great!
    One Christmas, my mom bought the whole family a trip to NYC to see the lion king. Each person received a letter and we had to figure out how to put the letters together to spell where we were going.

Post Thanks / Like

Rice Krispie treats?
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaffz70 View Post
    I think your idea is great!
    One Christmas, my mom bought the whole family a trip to NYC to see the lion king. Each person received a letter and we had to figure out how to put the letters together to spell where we were going.
    I love this idea! I think I will use this on our next non Disney trip.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I love the rice crispy treat idea...they might not think of that one!!

I need maybe one or two more ideas...anybody else? What do you see at home that makes you think of Disney?

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney gift cards
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

A small board.
    Grumpy.
    Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice.

Trips:
    A few times in the 70's
    Grew up, made a family then:
    Sep 2009 POP
    Dec 2010 POP
    Sep 2011 POP

Next up: 23SEP-07OCT12

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

What about a scavanger hunt with them finding little disney items with a note to the next spot etc. The final one being a sign saying that they're going to the WORLD.
    LOL and have a great vaca.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps something representing each park? For instance, some dollar store plastic animals for Animal Kingdom,etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Google " custom fortune cookies.". Ya'll can go to a Chinese restaurant, slip the fortune cookies with ( your customized you're-going-to-Disney-world) messages in to the waiter to be delivered at the end of the meal.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the plastic animals for AK and you can also get small green army men at dollar store for DHS - epcot a golf ball and MK hmmm maybe a train? we are also surprising the kids with a trip for xmas! good luck with it!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan328 View Post
    I like the idea of the plastic animals for AK and you can also get small green army men at dollar store for DHS - epcot a golf ball and MK hmmm maybe a train? we are also surprising the kids with a trip for xmas! good luck with it!

Have an amazing time!! Good luck with the surprise!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

It might be too late for this but when I surprised my boys last year some dear soul who was already at the parks (thank you!) sent the boys a postcard from Walt Disney World, signed by Mickey Mouse, telling them about their trip. I acted like Mickey "ruined" the surprise by spilling the beans. They loved it! You can find the link in Mousellaneous under the link "Mickey Mail - Pay It Forward." Someone who is there right now could send it in time for Christmas, possibly. Good luck!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I typed out a phrase on a piece of paper like "we are going to a magical place" or " Surprise! We are going to Disneyworld". Then I cut out each word individually and wrapped it in a box. As they opened up the gifts they would gradually have to put the puzzle together. In the end, it was a great surprise. TIP: if you use the word Disney, cut the letters up individually and wrap.

Post Thanks / Like

I love hearing of parents surprising their kids with trips to WDW. DH and I used to always joke that the only reason we're having children is to take them to WDW. Can't wait to do this for my kids!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

OMG I'm so excited I can barley contain myself. The kids are up and the presents are opened but "THE BOX" hasn't arrived yet (we are waiting until a bit later when all of the family is here to share the moment. The kids seem happy with what they got (my son seemed a little disappointed about a wrestling thing that he asked for from Santa last night that of course he didn't get) But I can't wait until later when they find out why this was such a scaled down Christmas!!!! I'll have to figure out how to post pictures on here! Merry Christmas all.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG I'm so excited I can barley contain myself. The kids are up and the presents are opened but "THE BOX" hasn't arrived yet (we are waiting until a bit later when all of the family is here to share the moment. The kids seem happy with what they got (my son seemed a little disappointed about a wrestling thing that he asked for from Santa last night that of course he didn't get) But I can't wait until later when they find out why this was such a scaled down Christmas!!!! I'll have to figure out how to post pictures on here! Merry Christmas all.
    I hope they were totally excited!! My boys had no clue. I wrapped items in a tower (I didn't have the right size boxes to do box in a box). I did chocolate teddy bears (Duffy), golf ball (epcot ball), green army men (toy story), dinosaurs (animal kingdom or toy story), gum (airplane), Mars candy bar (favorite candy from UK Tea Caddy in Epcot). They had NO CLUE. They just kept looking at us asking what all this was. The last box was the Magic Express envelope with the luggage tags...THEN they got it!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

So, how'd it go ?

Unfortunately, we can't allow anyone but moderators to post pix here at Intercot; doing otherwise could create a moderating nightmare.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

I did see that we cant post pictures here but I understand why.

The surprise went really well! The kids are super excited - we waited until right before dinner when all of our family was here and my oldest daughter "found" the box in front of the garage and brought it in. ( she is 22 and doesn't live at home anymore and isn't going on the trip so she was in on the surprise!) Right before she got there we got a phone call from a close family friend that is away in the military and my DD 11 thought that something or someone was going to jump out of the box and scare her. She thought it was the military friend and that she had called from her cell inside the box to throw them off. When the opened it the balloons (Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Princess) floated up right on cue with the message attached "Merry Christmas - We're going to Disney World." then inside the box were a stuffed mickey and minnie, fake tix and new tshirts and some plane snax etc. It was really cool and the kids were thrilled! so am I now that I can finally talk about it without having to make sure they aren't around!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Great Christmas surprise. Have fun!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: