Quantcast Can't believe no white Xmas looks like.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't believe no white Xmas looks like.

Hard to believe I live in Minnesota and it looks like it won't be a white Christmas. We have had some snow but all of it melted except a few little piles. We may have a little snow but then it gets to mid 30's for a few days after.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After last winter, when we were buried with snow from January to April, I have no complaints. It has snowed once here this season, in October, and that was a doozy that left us without power for two weeks. We still have downed trees. I'm perfectly happy to have a gray-brown Christmas this year.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was around this time last year that our Domes roof collapsed from all the snow we had.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Southern Wisconsin we've had one light dusting of snow that melted by the next morning. And the only possibility of snow is maybe on the 23rd, but that's a slim chance as of right now.
    It was 43 when I left the house this morning at 7. It almost feels like early spring. However, I'm not going to complain. I have a long commute and the less snow we get the better.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Hard to believe I live in Minnesota and it looks like it won't be a white Christmas. We have had some snow but all of it melted except a few little piles. We may have a little snow but then it gets to mid 30's for a few days after.
    I'm in St Paul and couldn't be happier about our 'nice' weather. Its a bit strange, but if it stayed like this every year (and still got nice by mid April) I wouldn't mind winter.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just up in your neck of the woods! Flying into MSP we could see quite a bit of snow in Iowa, but very little in Minnesota. While a white Christmas is nice, when you get that April snowstorm you will probably look back fondly at this warm spell.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Eastern NC - not to far from the coast and I must say I love our mild winters. I think I'd die if it were colder here.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Bloomington and after last year's mega snow I am ok with a brown christmas.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Perspective

Here in Michigan, we seem to have a "White Chistmas" more often than not. However, I'm perfectly happy with a Christmas without snow. Sure, an inch or two would be nice for Christmas day, just to make it "festive", but after that I'm ready for mid-seventies and sunshine again. The three months after the holidays are simply...depressing.

Oh, and think about our Southern Hemisphere friends - it's Summer in that part of the world. They never get a "White Christmas"!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Oh, and think about our Southern Hemisphere friends - it's Summer in that part of the world. They never get a "White Christmas"!
    Might as well be summer here. 80 today, 83 tomorrow. There are so many positives to living here, but for me, the weather is not one of them. I'll never get used to 80 something degrees in December.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Might as well be summer here. 80 today, 83 tomorrow. There are so many positives to living here, but for me, the weather is not one of them. I'll never get used to 80 something degrees in December.
    Sorry Melanie, but my whole family is praying that your weather holds out another 45 days or so. We will be in Orlando and on the Gulf coast in mid Jan through early Feb, and really want warm weather!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Sorry Melanie, but my whole family is praying that your weather holds out another 45 days or so. We will be in Orlando and on the Gulf coast in mid Jan through early Feb, and really want warm weather!
    I can totally see that if you are looking to vacation here. I'd be wishing the exact same thing and am thinking good thoughts for your family!

This is our 6th Christmas in a sub-tropical climate. The first few years it was kind of neat, and sure cute to see the palm trees all wrapped up in Christmas lights. Now, not so much.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Here in Michigan, we seem to have a "White Chistmas" more often than not. However, I'm perfectly happy with a Christmas without snow. Sure, an inch or two would be nice for Christmas day, just to make it "festive", but after that I'm ready for mid-seventies and sunshine again. The three months after the holidays are simply...depressing.

I am totally with you on this! I only want snow for Christmas then summer can come
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I can totally see that if you are looking to vacation here. I'd be wishing the exact same thing and am thinking good thoughts for your family!

This is our 6th Christmas in a sub-tropical climate. The first few years it was kind of neat, and sure cute to see the palm trees all wrapped up in Christmas lights. Now, not so much.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.......

Maybe next year we can switch! You can come up here and play in the snow for a week...I will relax under a palm tree!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie, I can totally relate. I lived in Naples for 3 years. For the first year, it was amazing. After that, I was bored and then frustrated and then angry. I wanted a change in the weather. I was so sick of it. Who would have thought I would be dreaming of chilly weather. I especially missed the leaves changing.

Here in the Philadelphia area we have been having fairly decent weather. We had the snow in October (very strange) but nothing since then other than a few flurries the other day. It's supposed to be 60 today and tomorrow. And not get out of the 40s through the end of the year. In fact, it will be almost 50 for a few days next week and I might take DS9 to the Philly Zoo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Maybe next year we can switch! You can come up here and play in the snow for a week...I will relax under a palm tree!
    Like I said, it's all fun the first year or two.

And more than likely, we'll have moved from sunny Florida next year - hopefully to a place much cooler with four seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SBETigg;2229462]After last winter, when we were buried with snow from January to April, I have no complaints. It has snowed once here this season, in October, and that was a doozy that left us without power for two weeks. We still have downed trees. I'm perfectly happy to have a gray-brown Christmas this year.[/QUOTE

I completely agree with you! That October storm was enough snow and disaster to last me for the winter. We were without power for almost two weeks as well. There are still tree services working in our neighborhood. Brown Christmas works for us as well!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: