Quantcast This Mom needs advice!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Mom needs advice!

Ok here goes:

I started a new job back in Nov 2010 and after being there for just 2 or 3 2 weeks I found out I was pregnant with our first child! I went to my boss and explained that even though I was pregnant I wanted to keep the job. Well times have changed.....

I basically get to see my baby boy 3 hours a day durning the week and then on the weekend I'm busy doing house chores that I'm not feeling much like a Mom. I keep telling myself I'm a replaceable employee but not a replaceable Mom. I miserable at my job, still don't feel comfortable (another long story) and I basically just want out. I feel horrible leaving them especially after I said I wanted to keep the job, but at the time I did. The guilt of telling my boss is killing me and I don't want him treating me bad because of the decision I've made.

How should I go in and approach the subject that I'm leaving? I want to leave Jan 20, should I wait and give him a 2 week notice or tell him now and hope he doesn't give me an attitude (which he's known for)? Any more advice?
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't waste any time at all on worrying about what someone else (in this case, your boss) thinks. If you think he will be difficult, then give him only the two weeks notice. You need to do what is best for you and your family.

It can be as simple as telling him, "I am sorry, but this is no longer working out for me and my family." Then be done.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, it's business. People come and go. It's not personal. I agree with above, if he is known for an attitude then just give the 2 weeks. You still have a little over a month and you don't need to go in and feel weird every day. Sounds like you are making the right decision for you and your family, and you never have to feel bad about that.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder you want out if you work for the kind of boss who is known for having an attitude. I think family situations change a lot of work decisions, and I wouldn't even worry about it. Telling him as soon as possible is probably best, as long as you're prepared for him to say you can just leave now. Depends on how ready he is to lose you. But don't feel guilty about it. It's business. I hope he's professional about it.

If you feel nervous talking to him, you can write out your intentions in a letter of resignation, with the date of your intended departure. You can hand it to him and simply say that you're sorry to leave, but your family situation requires you spend more time at home. You might be surprised. He might be willing to reduce your hours and keep you on. Then just be firm on your departure date and intention to leave if you don't want to stay. Also, don't let him bully you. If he treats you in a way that you find unacceptable, tell him so and quit effective immediately. Best wishes with it!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks notice and then you'll never have to see him again so don' t worry about his attitude.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Give two weeks notice and call it a day. This is just business and if you feel your place is as a full time mom, then that is where you should be.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree if he gives you a hard time give your 2 weeks, because you and your childs happiness is most important.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is leave your job with grace and dignity. I would give my employer 2 weeks written notice. Google sample letters. One day in the future when you choose to re-enter the work force someone may look into prior employment. Most likely your current boss will be gone and the only thing they will have to go on is what is in your personnel file. Don't worry about what he may think, it doesn't really matter. Best wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what everyone above has said.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azdisneymom View Post
    My advice is leave your job with grace and dignity. I would give my employer 2 weeks written notice. Google sample letters. One day in the future when you choose to re-enter the work force someone may look into prior employment. Most likely your current boss will be gone and the only thing they will have to go on is what is in your personnel file.
    This is what I was going to say. After some time (could be a year or when your boy becomes school age), you may decide that you want to go back to work, so you want to leave under the most professional circumstances. Many of my friends went back to work after a year or 2, realizing that while they loved their child, they really missed the adult interaction. Not sure what field you work in, but when you go back, they are more likely to contact your prior employment, since there will be a gap in your employment history.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: