Quantcast Lack of Knowledge of Guests - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    So here's my point. One morning, after experiencing the same phenomenon three straight days at the bus stop (whatever park we were going to just happened to be the same park the MOST OTHERS AT THE BUS STOP WERE GOING TO, AS WELL), I turned to my wife and said, "I'd like to come to the bus stop in the morning and just read the crowd. Whatever park looks light, will be the park where we go that day." The problem is: we couldn't because we had ADRs made 180 days in advance. We were already LOCKED into a specific park at a certain time. And since we had spent approximately $1,100 on a dining plan paid in advance, I wasn't canceling any of my dining plans. (i guess i wanted to make sure I got my money's worth, myself.) The sponteneity that I would have liked to use was impossible the way I had paid for and planned the last trip.
    You could have easily added the Park Hopper to your tickets while you were down there and gone to whatever parks you wished, whenever you wished. For approx. $55 per ticket (NOT per day,) it would have made your lives a lot nicer.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have Annual Passes. What difference would a park hopper have made? My point was: if I have dining reservations made 180 days in advance in one park, I am not about to cancel my dining plans in the morning and go to a different park because the crowd appears lighter at the bus station. I wouldn't attempt that in Walt Disney World. Another resort destination? Maybe. I was addressing a possible reason why a previous poster had stated there's a lack of sponteneity at WDW. Spontaneity can be risky in WDW. You might get shut out of seeing things. I'm not sure how a park hopper helps here. Maybe I'm mis-interpreting your point.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My point was, with the Park Hopper, or Annual Pass, you could go to whichever park seemed least crowded based on your bus line observations, then go to your dining reservation in another park at the appropriate time for your reservation.

We do not have Annual Passes, so always get Park Hoppers so that we can adjust our park schedule to account for crowds. It may take up to an hour out of visiting the park(s), but it gives us the flexibility to schedule our dining reservations without needing to know which park we will be in on what particular day.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

I feel really fortunate that I found Intercot while doing research online BEFORE our first trip as a family!

My son has special needs, including cerebral palsy, so I have to plan ahead for accessibility's sake! I was delighted to learn how accessible WDW is for all kinds of needs and after experiencing it for ourselves, we make it a point to visit at least once a year.

After we returned from that initial trip, I realized how much fun I was able to have because Disney went above and beyond to make sure my son was able to have fun!

We've traveled all over the world together, but people still comment on how much we go to WDW. I just tell them it's our "happy place" and leave it at that!

We'll be taking trip #10 in June. I'm still planning every trip (and loving every minute of it!) and we still haven't seen it all!

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

So is adding park hopper option for $55 for your length of stay no matter how long you're there? I'm thinking I might add it because I'd like to try more restaurants in Epcot but don't want to spend the entire day there.

Post Thanks / Like

I take our High School band to disney every 4 years. For 2 weeks before we go, we have "Disney Days" where I take the time to go over every park, every map, talk about the rides, the hidden mickeys, secrets and fun facts. I still get people who think its a back yard carnival and they don't need the help..they are the ones who end up in tomorrow land ALL DAY!!!! But the best reward is when those kids are long gone, and have their own families, and I get a call.."Mr. G..were going to disney...can we get together and you give us that disney days thing again so my family knows what to do?" I love it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    So is adding park hopper option for $55 for your length of stay no matter how long you're there? I'm thinking I might add it because I'd like to try more restaurants in Epcot but don't want to spend the entire day there.
    Adding the Park Hopper option is good for the number of days of your MYW park ticket.

The Water Park Fun & More option can effectively add days to your ticket, in that you have 14 days from first use of your MYW ticket to use up the ENTRIES allotted on the MYW ticket. Typically, you get one WPF&M ENTRY for each DAY of your MYW ticket.

Hope this helps.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a planner but a lot of people aren't, which is perfectly fine. The problem for them is they think WDW is like a local theme park in size, crowds, etc. However, how do you tell everyone going to WDW to plan and prepare for crowds?

Our neighbors know we go every year and we've told them if they ever go to ask us for advise. So a year ago they told us they were going to Disney at Easter because everyone spends the holidays with their families so the crowds at Disney would be really low. Yikes. But everyone is different and I know a lot of people that just want to relax and wing it on vacation. There is nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately those are the people who don't have a good time and don't return because of it. But lets face it, there are Democrats and Republicans and you're not going to get everyone to agree on how to do things either (I won't even get into that mess). So all I can do is help people who ask for help, and hope that those that wing it have as good a time as possible. I don't want them running my life and I won't try to run theirs.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. For instance, on my upcoming January trip, I made reservations for lunch at Le Cellier. This is supposed to be a high-traffic day for Epcot, so I am going to leave after our lunch, use the park hopper option to take the monorail to MK (which has low crowds that day), and stay until evening, where we will go back to Epcot for EMH.

It allows you to go to any of the 4 parks whenever you want. You can even try the '4 park challenge' and go to each in one day!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PopPhan and McLiberal8...why I thought it was $55 per day I'll never know. I will definitely be adding the hopper options next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the crazy one, but I would never let, and have never let, my ADRs dictate which parks I will be spending my day in when I always pay the extra for park hoppers.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, was I ever green on our first visit. My spouse had to drag me to WDW because I didn't want to go. I didn't plan anything.

66 trips later, I am pretty good at planning. We own DVC, are D23 members, have TIW and annual passes, and use Disney Visa rewards.

I try to help newbies when I can, but everyone has their own path to follow!

Post Thanks / Like

Before I was married, I went to Disney World at least 15 times, and in the past 7 years have been 8 or 9 times, for a week or more at a time. My husband and I are the "Disney freaks" and people will ask us for advice, or run from us when we won't stop talking about how to do the World right.

My SiL and her husband took their 9 - 12 month old baby a couple of years ago. They refused to listen to anything we had to say, even though we had taken our kids when they were that young. They came back and said that they didn't go on many rides because they didn't think they could take the baby on anything! I think they only did the carrousel in the Magic Kingdom. They just walked around and met the characters. They listened to us when they planned their next trip.
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Post Thanks / Like

WE are the exact opposite for parks and ADRs. I figure which park we will be at that day based upon my experience with crowds, then make a reservation if we want to eat in that park. MK is usually the most crowded and we only like Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace there. But we also like CHef Mickey's and Ohana as well.

But the last trip, I planned the ADRs for the park closest to us. Problem was we spent more time running to and fro that we wasted a lot of time. So now, the park we are in gets the ADR. Saves us a lot more time.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Two thoughts on friends who went.

One- A friend and his family went and only went to MK, even though they knew there were other parks, and he told me they didn't like it, there was nothing to do...i asked if they had gone on Peter pan? no. Small world? no. Space Mountain? no. Splash Mountain? no? The parade? no. Fireworks? no......and i'm thinking how can you dislike something you haven't tried?

Two-It amazes me when people say they are goinng to WDW and think it's just another Disnelyand....they have no idea how big it is. they think they can see it all in a couple days. i tell them that i have been there multiple times, over 20 times, and I haven't seen it all, and probably never will. that's what's so awesome about WDW.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We sort of lucked out on our first visit. A friend of mine from work had very recently visited herself and had done a little bit of research before her visit. After they returned she realized that even though she'd done some planning it wasn't enough. Her advice to me was to research and plan and get as much inforamtion as I could before we went. And I did. We had a fantatstic first visit and that began what is now a multiple trip per year obsession. I'm so very glad I listened to her, or I might have been one of theose "I'm never going this again" people.
    Sept 06, Aug 07, Feb 08 Pop Century
    Sept 08 POFQ
    Jan 09 Pop Century
    June 09 Swan
    May 2010 Pop
    Go ROCKIES!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mydisneygirls;2230144]Thanks PopPhan and McLiberal8...why I thought it was $55 per day I'll never know. I will definitely be adding the hopper options next trip.[/QUOTE
    Good choice!! I really couldn't do without them - we like to eat at Epcot 2 or 3 times, and really don't want to visit it that often ;-) Last time we went, my 16 year old daughter spent a whole day just "hopping" to go shopping! LOL Definitely worth the value since it saves a LOT ot inconvenience for us and makes us feel less restricted. ALSO...you don't have to add it in advance. If you want to try without the hopper, you can add it at any point during your trip when you decide you might want to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

For us the planning stage is part of the holiday experience. On our first trip in 1998 we read the "Unofficial Guide" from cover to cover. We didn't know what to expect and decided to follow the touring plans. Not for long as the week time there was really quiet.

13 years later, we've just returned home from a week at the Yacht Club and the planning has started for our return to WDW in Sept 2012. List of must do's (sights, rides, restaurants). Once the park times are released a spreadsheet will be started to sketch out our agenda.

Plans are nothing; planning is everything.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I know the parks like the back of my hand now after many trips. When i plan i keep it simple, i want to know the park hours, the days of the extra magic hours and what parks, and the
    extra stuff like the parades and evening closing shows. I then plan what parks for what days and make the adrs accordingly, if something comes up like it decides to rain and it changes our plan for the day then oh well, stuff happens.
    If a friend asks to help with some planning i keep it simple for them to. I dont even get into the stuff like rides and shows. I get the dates they are going to be there and try to make a schedule for what parks for what days. I also give them a couple of incredibly awesome websites to research the ride and show stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's kind of crazy to go on a huge trip like this and not do any research. This year we went for the fist time with my BIL, SIL, (and their two kids) MIL, (and dh and baby)...... I swear, I am pretty sure that they thought the only thing to do there was shop at stores. I am not kidding. More so BIL. It was INFURIATING. One day it was like 1pm and we hadn't done anything besides barely eat lunch and I was on on the verge of tears. At least you don't have to travel with people who are completely oblivious about their surroundings and all they think there is to do is shop!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: