Quantcast Nervous Dad's first trip report Day 5 MK part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nervous Dad's first trip report Day 5 MK part 2

Continued...
    The monorail was working so we jumped on and headed to the Contemporary Resort. The ride is really quick but it was the kid’s first trip on the monorail and they really thought it was cool. From the monorail station we made our way to Chef Mickey’s. The line to check in was really long. We waited about 15 minutes just to check in. Since we had to wait a little at Boma the other night, we thought we would check in a few minutes early for our 7PM reservation, but it didn’t matter. We were told that the restaurant was running behind and we should get in at our scheduled time. We found a waiting area that had a TV that was showing the Packers/Bears game. While we had to wait about 30 minutes past our scheduled time for dinner, the wait was softened by the Packer game. There were a few other groups from Wisconsin waiting with us so it was fun to cheer as a group.
    Our turn for dinner finally came up (the Packers won!) and as we were sitting down, Donald Duck came by for pictures. Our server brought Matthew a cupcake, candle and a book of matches and instructed us to light the candle whenever there was a character in the area. If the character saw the lit candle they would come over especially to see the birthday boy. We made a trip through the buffet and I was just digging into the shrimp, turkey and prime rib when Mickey came by followed by Minnie and Goofy. Then a celebration song started and Minnie came back to see Matthew. She got us twirling our napkins around while she danced around. We hit the dessert buffet for ice cream and tarts when Pluto came around for pictures.
    After dinner we headed back to the Magic Kingdom via monorail by way of a trip around the seven seas lagoon. We got back to the park in time to see Wishes the fireworks spectacular. It was amazing to see the fireworks and the special effects showing on Cinderella’s Castle. When the fireworks finished the kids traded some pins with some of the cast members until the Magic Memories and You presentation started. I couldn’t believe the effects that were shown on the castle. At one point it looked like one of the turrets had changed into a rocket and blasted off!
    We stayed in the park late because extra magic hours were allowing us to stay until 1AM! We walked on to everything we wanted to do! We went back to the Laugh Floor and this time Matthew was on the big screen with the caption “can burp the alphabet” and I was on the screen again as part of the story, I got to play Mike Wasowski but I had to portray that I had only one eye. We did Buzz Lightyear again and this time I got a Planetary Pilot grade. Our next stop was Cinderella Castle and back to Frontier land where we hit the Country Bear Jamboree, and then made our way to Adventure land so I could ride the Pirates. As I said, we walked on everything so were we loaded into our boat and off we went. Around the first corner, smoke drifts down and Blackbeard is projected onto the smoke. Our boat stopped right in the smoke! We sat in the same spot for 10-15 minutes with smoke pouring on us and the resounding boom of “Dead Men Tell No Tales!” echoing. That was a cool experience for about 5 minutes then the smoke started to get annoying and the soundtrack started to wear on the nerves. We finally started moving again and all was fine until we got to the point where the drunken pirate is laying in the pig sty and then we were stuck again. This time for only a few minutes but I figured since we were stuck, I would ignore the flash photography warning and get a few pics. Finally, we got out of Pirates after about 45 minutes and made our way to the Jungle Cruise. This is a very different attraction in the dark as opposed to the daylight in my opinion. Our guide was funny and she made sure to wish Matthew a very Happy Birthday. Next we experienced the Enchanted Tiki Room. Including our family of four, there were 9 total people in the show. Lastly for the day we rode Aladdin’s magic carpets and made our way back to the car. Everyone was dog tired and when we made it bed, I don’t think anyone was awake longer than 5 minutes before they were out. Good thing we have a day off planned for tomorrow.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a special birthday dinner for Matthew, and a long day of fun at the MK! You must have been pretty exhausted.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

A practically perfect birthday celebration (It might have perfect had it not been for the long delay inside the Pirates ride)!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    A practically perfect birthday celebration (It might have perfect had it not been for the long delay inside the Pirates ride)!
    Pirates is one of my favorites. Honestly, if the smoke hadn't been pouring into our boat, I would have loved every minute of it. It got a little tough on the lungs after a few minutes.

I'm probably one of only people that doesn't mind when the rides break down. When I get stuck, I look at the details of the ride or try to see some of the behind the scenes features if possible. I got stuck in HM with Matthew and got a great look at the ghosts in the ballroom/dining room.

I might have to look into a behind the scenes tour for next trip
    Michael

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    What a special birthday dinner for Matthew, and a long day of fun at the MK! You must have been pretty exhausted.
    It was a loooong day, but by the end it felt like MK was open just for us. We walked on to everything and talked to CMs about the attractions. They also gave us advice about the parks and resorts.
    Matthew said it was one of the best birthdays he's ever had. That made it all worth it. Now we have to plan a birthday at WDW for Mara.
    Michael

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, smoke would be tough. We usually have that sort of luck with it's a small world. On our last trip we broke down in every room. As we exited, we saw the entrance roped off, because of a technical difficulties.

Poor Matthew His next birthday is going to be hard.

Thanks for the trip report.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: