Quantcast Aerosmith Ride Intensity

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerosmith Ride Intensity

Was thinking that I haven't ridden a "newer" ride at WDW since '05s trip to AK. So, wanted to maybe try the Aerosmith ride next trip. Now, I do enjoy most rides, but will never ride say, The Tower, again. The most intense ride I will still ride is the Poltergeist ride at Six Flags Fiesta. I'm not interested in rides that try to kill you lol.

So, barring the 0-60 take off zone what do you guys think? It might be easier to take people with me getting a group opinion. Thanks///
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't last long enough to be too much of a problem for me.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

I rode it once.All I remember was taking off and stopping.Afterwards sitting on a bench for at least 30 minutes trying to collect myself.My sister got me a sprite and some aspirin. That being said I'm not one for those types of rides.I also rode Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest just once.I wasn't crazy enough to try Mission Space.I know my limits.lol I can do all 3 mountains at Magic Kingdom with no problem.They are more my speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it, and think you should give it a try. As the other poster said it's over pretty fast.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

I am usually a big chicken. On our 4th trip 2 months ago I tried it and loved it. I thought it was pretty low intensity personally and you go upside down so fast you hardly notice. Give it a try!
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't like Tower AT ALL. Too scary but i LOVE the Aerosmith ride. The launch isn't that bad, and the loops are somewhat intense, but otherwise it's pretty tame. If you can handle rides like Everest, Space Mountain, etc. you'll love it
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have with Rock N Roller Coaster is my ears banging up against the harness. I've tried leaning back, I've tried leaning forward, but each time it hurts! The loops, drops, and take off are not bad at all. LOVE this ride, and the music.

Go for it! And if you figure out how to help me with my situation...I'm all ears to know!

Post Thanks / Like

RnR's great advantage over Six Flags coasters is how amazing smooth it is....I don't particularly like getting banged around on rides, no problem here.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to big roller coasters, it is a much milder version. If you let yourself get into the theme, I would say it's the equivalent of a very wild limo ride

One tiny loop aside, its small drops and sharp turns.

I love it!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Lean back into your headrest. As long as you keep from rattling your head around you'll be fine :-)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    RnR's great advantage over Six Flags coasters is how amazing smooth it is....I don't particularly like getting banged around on rides, no problem here.
    Good assessment. I agree 100%
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

As my Avatar suggests, RnRc is my favorite ride at WDW and I am a pretty big chicken. You couldn't pay me to spend a day at Six Flags, just too many mega-thrills.

I ride the Tower of Terror once each trip, exit the ride and go straight outside and hug a tree for a few minutes to regain my bearings and stop the shaking of my arms and legs (seriously, it is a tradition to get my picture hugging that tree). That said, I enjoy RnRc over and over again with no problems. I enjoy it so much now that I come off laughing with joy. Being inside and in the dark makes it such a great ride, throw in a little Aerosmith and I am on .
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite rides. Love it, probably ride it atleast 4 times every trip. I'm not a big fan of Everest(don't like the backwards part) and ToT(once was enough). Give it a try.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

I went on it twice (on two different trips) and both times it was the same. I got off, stumbled down to the little wall right outside the exit, and sat on it for a half hour waiting to feel "right" again. I did it twice because I was hoping the first time was a fluke. It wasn't. I guess I'm just too much of a wimp!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Besides being over with quickly, the thing to consider about the Aerosmith Rock-n-Roller Coaster is that it's a dark ride. So unlike really scary roller coasters at other theme parks where you're constantly looking at how far off the ground you are while you're going upside down or in corkscrews...on the ARnRC you can't ever see the ground. Consequently I don't find it any more frightening than Space Mountain.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

So, I have not done well with rides in the past like this (I lost my breakfast after EE my first time). But having three girls that want to ride everything, And because... Wait for it, wait for it... "I don't wanna miss a thing" has forced me into trying them a second time. I have found a secret that I will share with the board... (at the risk of making lines longer!!)
    If you SCREAM or LAUGH the whole ride, you don't get sick!!!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really afraid of roller coasters until Disney. Rockin Roller Coaster is really not that intense at all. The take off looks scary, but no different than the feeling of take off on a plane being pushed back in your seat. Except this is fun! When you loop upside down you dont even notice because youre in the dark. The music in your ears takes away from the wooshing sound you get on roller coasters.

DO IT! Dont miss out!

Post Thanks / Like

I rode it once and won't do it again! I just wish I rode it at the end of the day because I was felt sick from then on. That being said, I thought the ride itself was exciting and would love to ride it again but having chronic sinusitus, this wasn't a ride for me. I can't even ride the tea cups because of the spinning!!!! It's not the 0-60 that bothers me because I ride Test Track, it's the loop when you go around upside down. If you don't mind those kind of rides, I'd say go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I consider RnRC to be fairly tame. The effects are good. Only tips that I could give:

* Keep you head back at launch
    * Exhale during the launch

My sister was nervous about it then did it 14 times in a morning.

Then again I'm looking for an excuse to go ride the Ferrari Rosso in Abu Dhabi. Top speed 240kph (150mph)
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I like this ride, but I just can't ride it anymore without getting a HUGE headache afterwards. Maybe I'm just old. Maybe it's because I'm ultra sensitive to getting headaches (I have migraine), but it's just not worth it to me anymore.

I honestly think this is one of the LEAST smooth coasters I've ridden in recent history. At first, when it opened, it was pretty smooth. No more, though. It's extremely shaky, rattles a lot, and is just overall uncomfortable.

You want a smooth ride? Expedition Everest. A MUCH better choice for a more intense coaster than the MK mountains, but without the discomfort of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: