Quantcast Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique no longer allows adult participation - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's sad that Disney would make a cutoff age for BBB
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Punkygirl25 Guest

Red face Very sad

I find it sad also adult women want to be princess to isn't that why you come to Disney.I feel they may find it just as enjoyable as any child as when you enter Disney you become a child.I don't know why they couldn't use another place for adults to get it done.Sure you can't get the outfit but why not have a place for adult women to do a Bibbidi Bobbidi style make makeover even if not in the same place the littles girls go .

Sure adult women don't want the outfit but Disney could offer real Terra's like the ones at flower shop that are for adults,bracelets,neckless,etc I know a lot of husband /boyfriends who would pay to get their princess a princess style adult kind of make over and have special package for teen girls.I think even a teen would like new hair style and jewelry to go long with it.One of those Terra's cost 135 bucks as much as or more then price of a Bibbidi Bobbidi dress.I think a lot of women would like such a make over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cassieblanca View Post
    I don't see what's so creepy about it. Disney is supposed to be the one place and adult can be a kid and not be judged for it.
    I agree . I would never do this since I am all about Mickey not the princesses, however cinderella was a woman ,old enough to run off and get married . Why then is this creepy for adults to do?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Default Costumes

A few years ago, I looked all around WDW for an authentic Capt Jack Sparrow costume for halloween and there was none to be found. I asked why they don't have them and a CM told me that they didn't want guests dressing like WDW characters in their parks confusing other guests. I wonder if this decision may be for similar reasons and that maybe young children thought these women were the "real" princesses. Just a thought
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronandjulie View Post
    A few years ago, I looked all around WDW for an authentic Capt Jack Sparrow costume for halloween and there was none to be found. I asked why they don't have them and a CM told me that they didn't want guests dressing like WDW characters in their parks confusing other guests. I wonder if this decision may be for similar reasons and that maybe young children thought these women were the "real" princesses. Just a thought
    That is actually a good point. The only time they like to have adults dressed up in parks is during the Halloween parties at the MK, otherwise it is discouraged and usually not allowed. Though, I did run into two women in Epcot dressed as princesses once (Jasmine and I think Belle)-- and they seemed a little questionably sleazy, if you know what I mean, like they were there to sell something. I believe it was Ian who saw the same women, as we discussed in my trip report. That's more than just confusing, it's damaging to the brand. I was surprised they were even let in. So maybe there's a good reason for the rule.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, i personally wouldn't be interested for myself but I agree anyone who wants to it should be open to. There must be a reason...someone mentioned about adults not buying the costumes, booking up timeslots, etc maybe that is it, losing money. Not sure! Probably we'll never know.

My neice did this on her first trip, we all were there together that time. She was about 7 and my sister got the basic package (still at the time almost $50 I think) and it was great. She felt really special and enjoyed the attention she got all day. I have boys but they were a little older when the pirate makeover came out so they never did it. But it seems fun and I wouldn't care if adults do it.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I would do this for my lady if they had place for adults she would love it.They should just get some regular dresses not princess ones just nice ones that they sell at the Disney store for adults ,adult Terra's,jeweral,add hair and make_up,nails package,maybe some earrings stuff like that create a package at one of the saloons .Whats the big deal people over 12 want it so make it.I bet a lot of women would do this before going to dinner or something.

It shouldn't be a big deal for anyone to do it .Your at Disney having fun and your not hurting anyone so what if an adult lady wants to be a princess then she should come to the place where they make dreams come true and become one.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually emailed Disney to see what prompted this change.

I got a call back from Disney and was told that it was to keep it in line with what Disneyland’s BBB policy is. That BBB has an age range.

She mentioned that the Harmony Barber shop had some packages for girls and boys that currently have no age limits.

She also said that if they continue to get more negative feedback from guests about the changes, they may revisit the policy.

Post Thanks / Like

If there are not enough appointment spaces for all the potential under 12's then I agree that adults can understand that there are limited spaces.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    12 seems a little young though... My DD is only 1 so not quite sure what teen girls are into, but I would think they should have made the cut off around 14 or 15
    I agree completely. My daughter just turned 11, so I'm thinking I might have to fit this in this year!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

My DD is 14 and last year when she was 13, she did the BBB and loved it. All the CM's were great and bowed to her and told her that she wonderful and beautiful and called her princess, she loved the attention. Now maybe that is not the norm for that age (she is a normal 14 yo), but she would love to do it again. She loves Disney and loves that she got to be a "real" princess for a day! Like someone said, if there is not much call for that age, then why not let them do it? They won't take up that many appointments and after all it is Disney!!! Where a kid can be a kid!!! JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Twelve definitely seems too young if they feel they have to do a cut off age. And, why not still let adults and older kids do it on a walk up, or day of basis? If they're completely booking up with younger kids, I understand that someone trying to get in last minute will be pretty disappointed, but at least it's a chance if someone cancels.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never given it much thought before, but I found this on the WDW site.

Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:
    Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character

Further down it states:

A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

So, I guess they will remove that last statement.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I think it's more likely what SBETigg said -- that families are trying to make appointments for their kids and can't get in because those appointments are being taken by adults, and that adults don't buy the costumes, etc.

Not that I ever did this, but I can see complaining if I tried to get my little girl in and couldn't, and then saw a bunch of adults getting the princess treatment. It would seem a little backward.
    Sorry, but I totally disagree. If I get a reservation because I acted quickly, why should I not be able to use the service based on my age? What is next? Denying ADR's to character meals if you don't have a child with you?
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriSan View Post
    Sorry, but I totally disagree. If I get a reservation because I acted quickly, why should I not be able to use the service based on my age? What is next? Denying ADR's to character meals if you don't have a child with you?
    I agree with you Lorisan I think this nothing more
    Then a bunch of parents who wait until the last second to try and make an appointment then are told they should try to walk in and when they see an adults waiting they expect the adults to give up their appointment they have had for months just because they are grown_up for child who's parents waited until the last second to try to get their child in so they complain.

Popular attractions at Disney book up that's just
    The way it is.We have been more then one time and still can't get into Chief Mickeys but we just accept it and wait our turn and will call early next time to make sure we get in.Its first come first serve in some cases .

Post Thanks / Like

I guess everyone will just have to go to the barber shop? I wonder do they kind of style your hair and put glitter in it? I know they do it for kids.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Periwigs just informed me that due to high demand and an insane number of phone calls from irate adult princesses asking for the Bippity Boppity make_over they now offer one. They have the same makeup and nail polish and can either do a hair piece or curls. The cost is 80 for hair 70 for makeup and 37 for nails. Not too shabby...but still not the Boutique!

Post Thanks / Like

My friends and I will definitely be writing Disney about this. We loved our appointment before Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and we are nowhere close to 12 years old. They don't sell the costumes to adults, so there's no chance of mistaking them for characters. I also wanted to do it with my daughter on our next trip. If a lack of appointments is the issue, move it out of the store and into its own larger building. They have plenty of empty buildings in Downtown Disney now.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I noticed in an email of WDW updates that BBB will no longer allow adults to participate, only children age 3-12. It started September 30 and only appointments made prior to 9/30 will allow adult participation.

As a man with two sons I am as far away as you can get from someone who cares, but since I didn't see it posted anywhere on the boards I thought I would pass it along.

I know I have seen a few adults post here about doing it, and I remember one who even spent hundreds on the job!
    Disney refuses to listen to the people complaining or do anything for them .Disney doesn't care about there guest anymore and has lost the magic.They don't ask for proof of age to do this nor can they if you really want to do it make the appointment anyway they can't prove your not a really big 12 year old.i know people who are over 12 who lied about there age and have done it.if you get there and there and they refuse to do it for you raise a fuss but do it nicely there are kids around.They refuse to allow a place for people over 12 to do this and people over 12 by the thousandths complain about it so if the refuse to listen don't give up with out a fight.Guess what Disney people will do it anyway so why take away the age limit or create another place for people over 12 to do it your not stopping us.you have adult sized tee shirts so there no reason why an adult shouldn't be able to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite episode of the Big Bang Theory is where the girls go to DL and do the BBB. They show them dressed as the princess though. Loved the fight in the car over who was going to be Cinderella.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: