Quantcast Our Food & Wine Feast With a Big Twist-Part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Food & Wine Feast With a Big Twist-Part 1

Wow! What a trip of firsts for us.

On the trip were myself, my DD 25, and my DD 21. Yes, just turned 21 and going to the Food and WINE Festival. We now call it a feast as there was so much food involved. We also had the deluxe dining plan for the first time.

Our dates were Oct. 3 -7 staying at OKW.

About a week before we left, my DD 21, who is a recent college grad., applied at the Disney Cruise Line as a Youth Activities Director. She had her first initial interview via phone and was told her second interview would be via skype. Luckily, she packed an interview outfit in case she was asked to be seen while we were there.

We arrived on Oct. 3 at 9:30 am. Promptly got a ME bus were off to OKW. This was my second time staying there and really enjoyed it. We were in bldg. 27 which was a great location. Our park for the day was MK. We had lunch at Liberty Tree, did all the rides we wanted, and enjoyed our day. The weather was beautiful. Our dinner that night was California Grill. This was my 3rd time and my daughters first. It was wonderful. The food, service, atmosphere were perfect. What a great first night. We headed back to OKW after since we had such an early start and were pretty tired. We arrive at our studio and discover that it is part of a two bedroom lock-off so there is a connecting door to the next villa. No biggie right? We come to find out around 11 PM that those doors are not sound proof. Our "neighbors" began a long and loud fight. There was some very foul language being used and we could here it all. I was greatful that I did not have any young children with me. For the first time ever, I called security. They arrived around 10 min. later and all was calm for the rest of the trip. Except, the man in room did begin to sing fat bottom girls one morning. That was very funny.

Tues., Oct. 4th our day began with a Princess Breakfast at Akersus. I got some great pictures of my girls with the princesses. It really brought back great memories of them when they were younger. The breakfast was OK. None of us feel the need to go back to soom. While at breakfast, my DD got an email asking if she was available for an interview on Thursday in Celebration. We had a car rented for Wed. to go to Universal, so we contacted the rental company to see if we could extend for another day. No problem. Now, off to explore Epcot. We got Soarin FPs and then went to the F&W center to attend our cooking demo. Yes, we were eating again already. We had the Chef from Coronado. What a great experience. He made pretzel rolls with sausage, kraut, and mustard. It was all very good and paired with a white wine from Kendall Jackson. This was our first time trying this and we would definitely do it again. After, we went on Soarin, the Land and off to explore World Showcase. Those were the only two rides we did in Epcot the whole trip and we were busy the whole time. My DD's started their F&W passport and the goal was to get a stamp from each booth. I think we only missed three. We had dinner that evening at Tutto Italia. Another great meal. After dinner we went to DTD for a little shopping then off to OKW. We took the boat back and we will never do that again. It took over and hour and we had to transfer mid-way. All in all it was a great day and a quiet OKW evening.

To Be Continued in Part 2.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful to enjoy the trip with your grown girls! Wow, about the sound traveling. Not fun to hear people fighting, though the Fat Bottom Girls rendition would have been a hoot.

The cooking demo sounds fun, and how great that your daughter was prepared for her interview! I hope it went well. Thanks for the report.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

People don't realize that they are not at home and everyone can hear their business.

EPCOT sounded like loads of fun for you!

Can't wait to hear how the interview went...
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the beginning of a great trip.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good beginning, thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

It's so nice you are having a trip with your daughters!

Hope your daughter's interviews went well!

Glad to hear you're enjoying Old Key West (except for you noisy neighbors)! We had to call once for a similar reason. We were staying at the Poly when the couple next door got "home" rather late and then immediately began a loud screaming match. Security came quickly and all was quiet after that!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR