Quantcast Tony's Town Square Restaurant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tony's Town Square Restaurant

I am looking for some opinions on Tony's from anybody that may have been there for dinner in the past few months. Looking to make an ADR, but I have not been there in years. If anybody can help me by telling me how the food was, if the service was good and how the atmosphere is? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been there in 2004 and then again in 2010... both times the only constant in regards to the people eating there was me.... and EVERYONE refuses to go back lol

idk, to me the food was dry and just not all that exciting. Sure its in MK and their aren't that many sit down style places... but its still not good.

the one bright spot was that the waitresses let us go out on the patio to watch the Halloween Parade... Food not good at all.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree first and last time there was terrible. Service was fine, but my DW and I got the chicken Parma and the lasagna. Each tasted like a TV dinner they warmed up and put on a plate.

To put my opinion in perspective we have no complaints about any of the other TS meals we've had at the world.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I was there for dinner end of Aug 2011. Food was okay, nothing spectacular. We didn't have reservation but they got us in fast anyways. Waitress was slow because the place was crowded which is the norm since its one of the handful of table services in MK.
    2008 Sep: SOG
    2009 Feb: Poly / Apr: Timeshare
    2009 Nov: ASMo, BWV, PC
    2010 Sep: WL, OKW
    2011 Feb: Poly, BWV / Aug: BC, BWV, ASMo
    2012 Apr: FW Campgrounds / Aug: BWV
    2013 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Nov: (DL) Grand Californian
    2015 Feb: OKW, Bonnet Creek Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We love Tony's! We were there in January 2011 and we sat on the veranda, it was lovely! We also enjoy the food, the steak is 'ok'; can you get better in WDW...yes...but the spaghetti is really good there, and the service is too.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tony's Town Square

My two daughters and I were at Tony's in August for lunch. I had baked ziti and my girls had chicken parmigiana and a caesar salad. We all enjoyed our main courses.

For dessert I had the pineapple cheesecake (which came with Lady and the Tramp on the plate in chocolate - very cute) and the girls had the ice cream bomb, which came with a candle because one of my girls was celebrating her birthday. Again, the desserts were very good.
    Our server was pleasant and attentive.

I thought that the atmosphere was nice, but the big plus was air conditioning! The heat and humidity of Florida in August was something we hadn't experienced before.

I would be happy to eat at Tony's again.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Tony's last November and while the food was not spectacular overall I would say it was a good time. We usually eat at the signature restaurants but we wanted to stay close for the EMP. While you can't compare it to the upper escalon of WDW restaurants it did hold it's own and we would think about going back there in the future.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

We were going to try it. Had a reservation, they blew it! We checked in, and then waited...and waited....and waited, finally after 30 I sent my wife to check on it. They had put us on" hold" which then led to a discussion...we went across to guest services, wound up with a new reservation at any other restaurant, courtesy of Tonys....but there's more to this story, but I won't drag that out here..I don't think we will be trying Tony's again. DW and I are both from customer service related jobs, and once a place gives us a bad experience, we are finished with them for good.
    No more Tony's for us...

Post Thanks / Like

tried it for the first time last trip. Had ADR, waited a bit, service was ok. Food nothing that great. atmosphere not that great. just my opinion but I dont think I will eat here again.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

It's just an OK dining experience. We eat there every other trip or so

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Have eaten there many times in the past few years. Service and food haqve always been good. Last August we even got FP for waiting past our ADR time, which was only about 10 miuntes. I like Tony's. It always gets a bad rep here on INTERCOT
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

We had a really great server, he was so funny and was joking around, was great with my boys. The food was nothing to write home about. It wasn't bad...just not memorable. We haven't gone since. It's a shame because that was probably the best server we've encountered at WDW...he food could really use a shot in the arm.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We've had mixed experiences at this location. We had a wonderful lunch and tried dinner which I though was mediocre. I will say that we've always had excellent service here. This used to be one of my most favorite breakfast spots but, sadly, they don't even do breakfast any more!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I love Tony's!

I have very fond memories of going there as a child. And, now on every trip, it is our staple "go-to" place for lunch on our first day at the MK.

I believe it is the ambience, as the food isn't the best I have ever had. But, sentiment mixed with eating at the base of Main Street creates a certain atmosphere that cannot be recreated anywhere else! At least, not IMHO!
    Call me Mary...

Trips
    Offsite-Aug.'89
    CSR-Jan.'00
    Offsite-Mar '01
    WL-Dec.'01
    ASMo, Dolphin-Sep.'03
    Poly, POR-Jan.'05
    AKL-Sep-Oct.'05
    Disney Magic-Oct.'07
    WL- Dec. '09
    CBR-Pirate- Dec. '10
    POP Oct. '11

Up next a last minute trip to POR after a very LONG break from WDW! Feb. 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I ate there in July. While we had had decent experiences there on previous trips, the food this time was disappointing. The sauce was watery and salty. Service, as in the past, was good, but not good enough to overcome the diasppointing meal. We will probably skip Tony's for the next trip.

Really used to enjoy their breakfast, especially the sticky buns...and enjoyed their gelato on several trips, but this time, we were frankly do disappointed, we even skipped desert.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Eating at Tony's has always been a tradition in our Disney trips, from the first time to went with my Mom and sisters, too my honeymoon and so on, but this trip we will not be going back. Last November I got food poisoning at Tony's (It had to be there I told the wait staff shrimp didn't taste right and they took my plate to basically reheat it and bring it back, took one more bite once brought back and no go). Paid for the meal, tip etc, several hours later I was sick for a a day and a half and when I tried to address the issue with Tony's the original response was basically what are you trying to say and then the managers response was well you're better now. All restaurants have this experience sometimes with bad food it was the attitude the irked me.
    2011 Oct 29- Nov 5 MNSSHP
    2010 Nov 5-13 POFQ MVMCP
    2008 Nov 8-15 POFQ MVMCP
    2006 POFQ
    2000 Poly Honeymoon
    1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaj13 View Post
    I thought that the atmosphere was nice, but the big plus was air conditioning! The heat and humidity of Florida in August was something we hadn't experienced before.
    I couldn't help but laugh when one of your reasons for being the restaurant advocate was because of air conditioning!!

Your other reasons were great, I just liked the A/C idea best!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Had a meal at Tonys' on 10/2 ... the food was so-so but we had a great Server wno connected with us ... always a plus!

Like many of the other posters, we have been to Tony's many times and when at the MK, the sit down dining options are limited.

We ate there since we were attending the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party, so it was the best option.

The place was packed and they turned out table in an hour which was great as the dining experience was not really the point. That being said, the next time around I would rethink Tony's are a dining destination and based on what our day/night looked like, would likely opt for another place outside the MK. There are plenty to choose from.

One of our favorite places which fun with plenty of rib sticking food is "the Whispering Canyon Cafe" at Wilderness Lodge. Can not beat the all you can eat skillet as well as the cast of characters who work there.

Hope this helps.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98)

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
    2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

We love Tonys. They are amazing with allergies! Food is great! Seasonal gnocchi is sooooooo good. Chef always comes out for our allergy guest and he is the friendliest chef ever! Atmosphere can't be beat!
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! Seems like it's split right down the middle as far as likes/dislikes. Thank-you everyone for your input and opinions, I am still trying to decide. I guess the only way to find out for myself is to try it. We have been so many times now and tried so many different places that we are able to have a list now of places that we will NOT go back to and places that we absolutely WILL visit each and every time!!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: