Quantcast The Barry Bunch day 5 9/26/11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Barry Bunch day 5 9/26/11

9/26/11
    Cast:
    Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
    DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
    DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
    DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
    DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
    We slept a little later in the morning. Took our time getting dressed and showering, and headed over to MK. We rode a few rides, and got fast passes for Splash for later in the day. We realized we had forgotten the backpack that we keep the ponchos and an extra set of dry clothes in. no worries tho, it was a nice day … (cue scary music) Then we headed over to 1900 park Fare for our 11 am reservation. This is where I messed up in getting on one ride too many before heading out of the park. Then having to wait for a monorail and forgetting that GF is the last stop around the loop. By now we were late, and Josh was asleep in his stroller. We finally got there and Shaun brought Alex to the bathroom while I rushed with Josh to the desk. I asked if the characters were still there (Alex’s only request for this trip was to eat with Mary Poppins)… I was told they would hold the characters, but we had to move now! Whew! Rushed to get Shaun and the girls and headed in. we were 1 of about 4 tables in the whole restaurant. In short order we saw Mary Poppins, who was lovely and Shaun developed a crush, Alice and the Mad Hatter. The annoyance was clearly visible on the Mad Hatter’s face. He didn’t even smile in the pic. I know we were late, but we were not the only family there. Then we saw Pooh and Tigger. Tigger posed over a sleeping Josh for us. The buffet here was yummy. Josh eventually woke up and enjoyed some Mickey waffles and bacon.
    After we all headed back to MK for some more rides, the girls loved Splash and Big Thunder, and now that I knew we could use Fast Pass AND the parent switch card, they were loving going on each ride twice. At some point I realized that I had lost Shaun’s room card, and knew I had left it in the Fast Pass machine for the Pooh ride, so I trekked all the way back to Fantasy land and the cast member there had it and handed it back. PHEW! Then I ran with Joshie all the way back to meet them at Splash and Big Thunder. We decided since we were in Frontierland, to take the train all around the park. Before we got to Main Street, Alex informed us she had to go to the bathroom again (She tends to decide she needs to go when things slow down) It was starting to drizzle, so we dicided I would get off at Main Street and bring the girls to the restroom and Shaun would stay on with Josh back to Frontierland, and put on the stroller covers. Well. Then it began to go from drizzle to rain and from rain to POURING. I stopped in the Emporium to get us ponchos since we had forgotten ours at the hotel. We then headed to Frontier land in the POURING ankle deep water to meet up with Shaun and Josh… who were no where to be found. A quick call and found out he was in once of the archway tunnels between Frontierland and Adventureland. Chatted a little about what to do, and decided that a little rain never hurt anyon and e and we would just get some souvenir t-shirts / sundresses for the girls, since we were all soaked to the bone. This is where things got silly. We couldn’t find any store that worked for us. They either didn’t have clothes for kids, or men, or whatever, it was weird. We finally said “forget it” and trudged up to the Emporium. 2 sundresses and 2 pairs of crocks for the girls, 2 t-shirts for Shaun and I, and a tigger/shorts jammy set for Josh.. and we were dry and feeling better. We were pretty hungry and Josh was asleep again and we headed to Cosmic Rays. Can someone please tell me WHY the lanes that sell the adult hamburgers there, do not have burgers on the kids picks? I couldn’t even find kids burgers ANYWHERE but I think Pecos Bills this vacation. So anyway… we have good stroller covers, and continued with our rides. By the end of the night we were beat. Hopped the bus back home. Shaun got the kids ready for bed, they were all in silly moods, while I took all our wet stuff to the laundry room to be dried. When I got back to the room all 3 were having melt downs, and Shaun was frazzled. Josh was screaming, Alex had just fallen off the couch onto her head, and Sammy was crying that she missed me and didn’t know if I would ever return from the laundry. We put everyone in bed, and that was it!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy! Hope tomorrow is better and drier!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you got to see Mary Poppins. Doesn't it always seem to go like that ... if you weren't in a rush, the monorail would have been waiting for you.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Tough ending to the day - I'll bet a good night's sleep was needed by all! Sometimes things like buying new clothes after an unexpected storm create really fun memories - "Remember that time in the Magic Kingdom when we all bought new outfits?"
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how I love those mid week meltdowns!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we get tired and cranky a few days into our trips too...thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: