Quantcast The Barry Bunch day 3 9/24/11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Barry Bunch day 3 9/24/11

9/24/11
    Cast:
    Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
    DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
    DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
    DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
    DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
    I think it was this night (or should I say VERY early morning) that Josh decided he was done sleeping and was not about to go back down. He woke up screaming at about 5am and didn’t stop. (He is cutting molars) We gave him a bottle and tried walking him. No good. Still unhappy baby, and we really needed Sammy and Alex to stay asleep and get some much needed rest. So Shaun took first watch and took Josh for a long walk around the boardwalk area, the circle loop in front of Beach club, yacht club, Swan and Dolphin hotels. He came back, and it was now my turn. At this point the Boardwalk Bakery was open as well and I got our re-fill cups and some coffee. By the time we got back, we woke up the kids and started showering. We had 9am appointment at the Bibbidy bobbidt boutique for both girls and then 10:20 am aDR AT Cinderella’s Royal Table. It was so neat to get to Magic Kingdom before it opened. We took advantage of Photopass and had fun getting a ton of pics on Main Street. We then went on to BBB. The girls got into their princess dresses (Rapunzel for Alex and Ariel for Sam. We bought them at Costco a few month’s ago) they had seats right next to each other. Their Fairy Godmother’s in Training, who did their hair were wonderful. And a million pics were taken. Sammy picked a hairstyle that included a poofy red air add on (because Ariel has red hair of course !) and Alex picked a princess bun on top of her head with a little crown. Sam was totally into the whole thing, and loved picking out the make up and nail polish. Alex was a little more shy about the whole thing, but she did like to look at herself afterward. Afterwards we went to the store across the way and had mor photopass pics taken. Breakfast at the castle was great fun. We had our pic taken with Cinderella downstairs, and upstairs met Snow White, Aurora, Belle (in her blue dress) and Ariel. (Shaun was hoping for Jasmine or Pocohantis ;-) We both had the stuffed French toast and the kids had French toast sticks/ eggs/ . It was really good!
    After breakfast we changed the girls back into sundresses so they didn’t wither in the sun. We rode all the rides we could. We were even able to do Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, with both Sam and Alex utilizing the fast pass and parent rider switch cards. We also learned that the girls could go on with the Shaun while I stayed with Josh, and with the parent switch card, they could BOTH ride with us. We had dinner that night at Pecos Bill’s
    Shaun took the girls on Indy Speed cars, and Josh and I waited in the grand stands. I let Josh walk up front near the railing to watch the cars. And then I look down, and he only has 1 sandal on. UGH! I look everywhere and can’t find it. I go to the front to see if anyone turned in a sandal. NOPE. Then I go back into the grandstand to look again and I look down. Yep. There is is, down on the roadway. OH NO! I went down and told the cast members, and he told me he would take care of it. Within 30 seconds he came back with the sandal! YAY!! We were heading out, but Wishes started, so we parked it on the Tomorrow land bridge and watched.
    We decided to call it a night, and headed to the bus. Well there was a really long wait, and Alex had to use the bath room, so back we go through bag check, and then to the rest room. We decided that instead of waiting for the bus, we would take the monorail and switch at the ticket center for the monorail back to EPCOT. By the time we got there it was 9ish, and every one was heading out not in. They did let us in tho, and we walked thru and back to the Boardwalk.
    That night again Alex was talking in her sleep “Sammy No! You stay right there!” We are beginning to think she takes her middle child aggressions out in her sleep. It was so funny. We thought they were awake and bickering (which is normal for Sam and Alex) and when we went over they were both sound asleep!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you got your son's shoe back!!! He sounds a lot like my almost 3 year old! Except now he purposely takes things off. So funny about your daughter talking in her sleep!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I was always the kid that lost my shoes! My Mom has more stories of hunting for sandals on vacations (and she loves to remind me of them all!) Glad you got it back
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Your little princesses got lots of pampering this day! Very full day! (Glad you got that sandal back!)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to take our girls to BBB. Won't be doing it until next year though when we go with our extended family.

I'm still cracking up in my cubicle about Alex's random one-liners in the middle of the night!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report!

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny all the talking in her sleep...thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies