Quantcast Value Resorts and Bus Transportation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Value Resorts and Bus Transportation

I have heard that the three All Star resorts only have one bus stop and therefore it can become a crowd issue at the opening and closing of parks.

Is this true, does anyone have advice or experience with this issue?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends who you ask.

My experience at All Star Movies was that we ALWAYS shared a bus with the other two resorts, and since being at Movies made us the last stop, we always boarded a standing-room-only bus.

Others here on Intercot have reported that during peek times of the day (park opening and closing) that the 3 resorts get separate buses to keep things flowing, but my March 2007 trip never saw separate buses.

Either way, every resort (Value, Moderate, or Deluxe) is going to have crowd issues at opening and closing. Some days are better than others, but all trips are going to experience times where you watch 3 buses go to Pop Century while you wait 45 minutes for the first All Star bus, then the next day the Pop Century folks (like me) will be standing in line 45 minutes while we all gripe about how there have been 3 All Star buses go through without a single Pop bus. The problem isn't unique to Value (my experience was that it was WORSE at Deluxe) and it can't be avoided. Either way I love the buses!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

When we've stayed at ASMusic at Christmas (Christmas Week) - we had a dedicated bus.

When DH and I stayed at ASMusic in late January - we shared a bus.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Usually Sports and Movies share buses....sometimes
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favorite - most magical - moments have been aboard a Disney bus.

oops, I think I drifted from the original question...
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Each have their own bus stop outside the resort.
    Each have their own dedicated pick up line at the park exit.
    The bus if it is not full moves from All Star Sports, to Music then to Movies until it is full to take passengers to the park.

Now, is that clear as mud???
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

We always stay at Pop and have seen, over the past few trips, that bus service at closing time has gotten much better -- they tend to 'stack' buses and load two at a time to more quickly disperse the crowds.

We've never had problems for park openings, but rather in the first hour after park opening...
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I was at All Star Sports three days ago taking a bus to Animal Kingdom. The bus was empty, and picked up around 20 people, so there was a lot of room left.

We stopped at All Star Music, but there was already another Animal Kingdom bus (empty) picking up a majority of guests there. So we picked up the remaining guests and were packed and heading to AK.

So, although All Star share buses, from what I've seen, you aren't going to wait that long to get on a bus. However, the time of year and the time of day you choose to get on the bus will impact. For example, a lot of people are waiting in line around 11 am or 4 pm to board buses to the parks.

Germantown, TN : 824 miles from the Magic
    Post Thanks / Like

In the wise words of Eeyore "Well . . .maybe." It can depend on what time of year you are down there and what time of day you are using the busses. Most of the parks have only one stop for the AS resorts, but the busses themselves may be shared or dedicated to a particular resort, depending on the crowd levels and the WDW transportation needs.

I spoke to one of the bus drivers on a recent trip, who said they are contantly being directed/redirected to parks and resorts as needed (rather than just running from one park to one resort and back).

We've stayed at ASM several times and usually had to share busses with the other AS resorts. Sometimes you may have to wait a little while for the bus from the resort to your destination. Our max time was about 15-20 minutes, but only once or twice. Normally we only had to waid 5-10 minutes. I believe WDW monitors wait times and can redirect busses if things slow down too much. Coming back from the resorts (particularly if you leave with the masses) can slow things down. But it's not too bad.

Just stay patient. When we're caught at the bus stops, we just talk about what we've enjoyed the most that day or what we're looking forward to tomorrow. Enjoy!
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Next Trip -- NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

My laughin' place is a Doom Buggy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Depends who you ask.
    The most dependable source is the bus drivers

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    Usually Sports and Movies share buses....sometimes
    It depends on the time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Some of my favorite - most magical - moments have been aboard a Disney bus.
    Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    they tend to 'stack' buses and load two at a time to more quickly disperse the crowds.
    They'll double, or as you call it, stack, the buses to any resort that needs it as long as there is room to do it and there is a bus available.

Quote Originally Posted by 5MemphisTiggers View Post
    I spoke to one of the bus drivers on a recent trip, who said they are contantly being directed/redirected to parks and resorts as needed (rather than just running from one park to one resort and back).
    That's true, resort buses don't repeat a route. Some park to park buses do. Buses are sent to the next resort that is due for a bus either based on a time interval or by the load zones being monitored by cameras or by a transortation CM on the scene during peak times.

The bus transportation dispatch system is one of the most complex operations in all of WDW.
    It's ever changing during the day. What they do in the AM is different from what they do at mid day or in the PM. Sometimes it's computerized and sometimes it's not.
    Unless you want to go crazy, don't try to figure it out. I guarantee you won't.
    Most of the time it works, but keeping almost 300 buses servicing over 20 resorts and 7 attractions nearly 20 hours a day and doing it perfectly all day long is not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

We did experience the shared busses during our stay at ASMo's and we like the dedicated bus service at Pop much better. Have seen the question posed as to whether or not Pop will share with the new Art of Animation resort when it opens though, so who knows?

We never have any problems with busses when we head out for park openings! Does seem to be more of an issue returning to home resort at the end of a long day. But, by that time we've walked miles & miles & we're all tired, so honestly, probably not waiting all that long!

We did have a crazy ordeal with busses at WL last year tho! Just for fun, we rode the boat from the Contemporary over to the WL lodge & then waited forever for a bus to DTD from there! When the bus finally came, it took an extremely circuitous route to DTD & that once again, took forever! So I'm thinking that the bus issue isn't limited to the Values! That said, we have had some truly enjoyable bus rides, we have encountered some awesome bus drivers with interesting tales to tell and we've talked to so many people waiting for & riding the busses! We consider the bus rides part of our WDW experience!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at All Stars Music once and All Stars Movies three times. We've stayed in October/November. Every time, especially at Movies, buses were shared for all three. This was years ago so I don't know if it has changed or if they do things differently during peak times of year.

That is why we prefer POP if we stay at a value.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

The frequency of buses servicing Pop is no different, during peak times, than buses going to all other resorts. It's one big property wide bus system.

Post Thanks / Like

The last few times we stayed at ASMu, we did share buses with the other two All Star resorts. If you are trying to get TO the parks before rope drop, the buses were never full. Even after stopping at all three resorts, there would maybe be a half full bus. Usually only for MK. The rest of the buses even less than that!

Now, getting back at park closing is a totally different story.........
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddie View Post
    Most of the time it works, but keeping almost 300 buses servicing over 20 resorts and 7 attractions nearly 20 hours a day and doing it perfectly all day long is not going to happen.
    What a great way to put it! Thank you.

I always drive to Disney, so many times we take the car to our destination, but sometimes we just enjoy the bus ride. As stated previously you meet many great people, and fun bus drivers. Sometimes, not so great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always stayed at All-Star Sports precisely because the shuttle always picks up there 1st and drops off there 1st. Had to stand a few times on the way back, but other than that it's worked very well to stay at All-Star Sports. That would be my recommendation.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    I've always stayed at All-Star Sports precisely because the shuttle always picks up there 1st and drops off there 1st.
    Never say always when it comes to WDW bus service.
    Most times during the peak AM times, it's a dedicated bus if needed. As it gets closer to the end of the peak times, and depending on which park it is, they'll start sharing but once in a while, they'll reverse the order. This is so if there is still a line at Movies, the last resort, guests there will be insured that they'll get on a bus and that it hasn't filled up at the first two resorts.
    All bets are off on what buses will do during opening and closing times.
    Clear as mud, right?
    Didn't I warn you that you shouldn't try to figure out the WDW bus service and to leave it to the professionals. We don't want your brain to explode.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: