Quantcast finding air decent airfare

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default finding air decent airfare

I have plans to visit Disney in March. I was wondering when the air fare for March would probably be the best to purchase. Right now it is so soon out, and the prices are just high. Any thoughts?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say. Basically, I suggest you sign up for the emails or Ding of whatever special offers for your local airlines and as soon as you find a decent airfare, grab it. Sometimes that happens way out, sometimes not. With gas prices so high and no sign of them coming down I figure airfare just going to stay up.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just keep checking every day. For our upcoming trip I actually booked my flights on 2 different airlines. When I saw the flight times I liked at a good price I booked a one way and then when I found a return flight with times I liked at a low price, I booked that. We fly down on Southwest and back on jet blue. Both were under $100
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Check multiple times during the day
    Check with different carriers
    Keep checking and crossing your fingers!

I remember when my older DS and I BOTH flew roundtrip for $180 -- now ONE person roundtrip is $180 and I looked and looked before booking.....ended up on SWA on some mileage special promo -- the fare depended on mileage flown.

It's like playing the craps tables these days with airfare......you take a gamble and hope for the best!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

I use yapta both before and after booking. They email you with price changes or you can go there an check the fares you're watching. Sometimes I get their email before I get the Jet Blue one.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

In the past, I have researched and checked on flights in the morning and evening. The prices change frequently. I also started out checking a travel sight like Orbitz but then was able to get cheaper flight through the airline itself. I hope this helps you.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Research is the best thing to do right now with the way airfares are. Also check from other airports close by, I even check airports four hours from home. As mentioned, there are websites that will track airfares for you. They are good for trending but you have to be on top of things and be ready to book the flights at a moments notice.

Airfare is getting to be one of the biggest expenses for a trip anywhere. For us now it is WAY cheaper to drive. The fuel costs for our drive are something like a quarter of the cost of airfare now.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

And remember, check every week on Tuesday afternoons, after 2:00PM Eastern time. That's when the best deals are announced. They usually go back up again as early as Wednesday mornings, but Tuesday afternoons are the best time to check air fares.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the earlier the better. Think November-December latest. March air travel is heavy with Spring Breakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Karen is right. You will find cheaper airfare on a Tuesday. Check fares to Tampa airport as well. We're flying down in 2 weeks, but the airfare from Boston to Orlando was outrageous and the fare hardly went down. I saved over $500 flying to Tampa and although I have to rent a car, I'm still saving $400! I've flown into Tampa on a few prior trips and it isn't a bad ride up to DW (only a half hour longer from Orlando airport).

Post Thanks / Like

And remember, check every week on Tuesday afternoons, after 2:00PM Eastern time. That's when the best deals are announced.
    While the Tuesday thing used to be pretty much a given, it's not quite so true anymore. The airlines, particularly Southwest, are changing prices at all times of the day and every day of the week. Tuesdays are still good days to check, but so are Wednesdays through Mondays.

The key is to check multiple times every day, and jump on any fare you're happy with.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: