Quantcast "Out of date' rides - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jac_Sparrow View Post
    Universe of Energy with the Mythbusters!
    Oh My Gosh...YES +1

It won't be quite the same style but if that is what it takes to update it, I'd be on board for sure...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Mythbusters is even outdated nowadays. The show isnt even being filmed anymore.

Sounds Dangerous needs replacement, not updating....
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    Sounds Dangerous needs replacement, not updating....
    That's what I meant, actually. From a technical standpoint, it is ridiculously simple and unimaginative.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jac_Sparrow View Post
    Universe of Energy with the Mythbusters!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Rides that need updates and not just genx que lines-

Stitch -get rid of it new ride completely.
    Buzz Light year spin- very dated not fun at all next to TSM
    Imagination- Bring back more of the old ride and do something with the wasted space after the ride. I miss the rainbow tunnel.
    The back lot tour- It is boring now. I liked it better when you walked through sets and swa the houses .
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    Mythbusters is even outdated nowadays. The show isnt even being filmed anymore.
    Where did you find that info?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the show started filming again in April 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I saw the show started filming again in April 2011.
    You are correct - Mythbusters is still filming and airing new episodes.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and they are more popular than ever. Our university recently hosted them and it was the most popular event of the year.

I think they are the most recognizable science-related stars and their show is mostly family-oriented.

Great idea!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

The Tomorrowland Speedway surely MUST be the next in line for an overhaul! As the whole "Tomorrowland" theming in that area has kinda fallen by the wayside, that leaves the options for that area WIDE open. But in keeping with the original idea, perhaps a TRON inspired attraction would be the natural choice. Dark...indoor...maybe something to do with the very cool cycles they ride, or the "ring" fighting thing they do.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Ellen's ride is due. That boat ride in Mexico is just so weird and out of place. All it has are flat screens with Donald Duck, I dont get it, I think its probably just filler to get people off other rides and into line when the park is packed. Imagination needs an overhaul or demolition as well.

Biolante Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Oh My Gosh...YES +1

It won't be quite the same style but if that is what it takes to update it, I'd be on board for sure...
    Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor. The ride is honeslty fine. Not everything has to be current. News flash, for Mysth Busters fans, but that show's heyday will probably eclipse soon if it hasn't occurred already. Comparatively at least Ellen and Jeopardy are still contemporary and will probalby remain so for a very logn time. Also the stars of an attaction don't need to be contemporary either or you'll be continuously replacing them every five years.

Instead of "reimagining" rides that are perfectly fine as they are for audiences with a 2 second attention span, how about fixing rides that are broken or you know actually building completely new attractions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bertasso59 View Post
    I know its a classic,but over the years Ive gotten a bit weary of the same scipt and jokes on Jungle Cruise.Id like to see it changed to Jungle Book Cruise with the characters and great songs from that film added
    Fantastic Idea!
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Biolante Guest

Quote Originally Posted by akaDisneyDreamer View Post
    Fantastic Idea!
    Terrible idea. One of the great things about Magic Kingdom and Disney Land is that there are rides that don't need random character tie-ins to be effective. "Disney Magic" isn't only about characters and certain animated movies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biolante View Post
    Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor.
    I must disagree... Kari Byron.

Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely for me would be the Backlot Tour. It's lost all appeal for me - and didn't excite the last few "newbies" I took with us on the last couple trips. I agree with the previous poster who said that there is a LOT of potential with this ride. It should be an Imagineer's dream to update this one.

As for all the mentions of the Jungle Cruise.... I agree and I don't. I am a proponent of leaving the classics as they are. I haven't ridden this is some time, not because I think the ride or the narration needs to be updated, but because the Cast Members seemed to be bored. I am sure some of you can point to a few good boat captains that were still enthusiastic -- I just wish they were all like that. Maybe it just needs a Cast Member refurbishment?

In that same line of thinking, the Great Movie Ride comes to mind. I LOVE the ride and wouldn't change a thing. Just update the Cast Member/Driver enthusiasm.

Post Thanks / Like

Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor. The ride is honeslty fine. Not everything has to be current. News flash, for Mysth Busters fans, but that show's heyday will probably eclipse soon if it hasn't occurred already. Comparatively at least Ellen and Jeopardy are still contemporary and will probalby remain so for a very logn time. Also the stars of an attaction don't need to be contemporary either or you'll be continuously replacing them every five years.

Instead of "reimagining" rides that are perfectly fine as they are for audiences with a 2 second attention span, how about fixing rides that are broken or you know actually building completely new attractions?
    You certainly don't hide your opinions do you?

Personally, I hope they never ever change Universe of Energy from the current version of EEA as I grew up with it and love it. It's up there on my list of the best Disney attractions around.

However, I'm a realist. Most things in Disney aren't going to stay around forever. The only things that will are things that Walt actually had a hand in making/designing/imagining. Even then not everything is immune, with examples at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. So instead of being stubborn and wanting everything to stay the same forever, I'm willing to give them a chance to update the attraction by updating the films/ride tech/pre-show and more, while using the same basic premise of the original versions, over them just demolishing a great attraction for a thrill ride that would be ten times easier for them to do (Which you can see examples of Disney doing exactly that right next door from Universe of Energy)
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Biolante Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    You certainly don't hide your opinions do you?

Personally, I hope they never ever change Universe of Energy from the current version of EEA as I grew up with it and love it. It's up there on my list of the best Disney attractions around.

However, I'm a realist. Most things in Disney aren't going to stay around forever. The only things that will are things that Walt actually had a hand in making/designing/imagining. Even then not everything is immune, with examples at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. So instead of being stubborn and wanting everything to stay the same forever, I'm willing to give them a chance to update the attraction by updating the films/ride tech/pre-show and more, while using the same basic premise of the original versions, over them just demolishing a great attraction for a thrill ride that would be ten times easier for them to do (Which you can see examples of Disney doing exactly that right next door from Universe of Energy)
    Ellen's Energy Adventure still has a decent amount of people going into it. Being a realist has nothing to do with it. I just think that particular idea is extremely bad. It doesn't make sense either. What are they going to do "bust myths" related to energy? Ellen, Bill Nye, and Alex also aren't nearly as hideous as the Myth Busters. We don't really need to be scaring children with guys that look like stereotypical 55 year old comic book nerds. Nothing about the storyline of the ride is outdated either. 4 year olds aren't going to know who Jamie Lee Curtis and Ellen are anyways, so does it even matter who is cast?

My point still remains, why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken when the Horizons and Wonders of Life pavilions are sitting empty? A new thrill ride would actually be nice, but it seems like Epcot has become Disney's red-headed step child despite being the third most visited amusement park on the planet.

Post Thanks / Like

My point still remains, why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken when the Horizons and Wonders of Life pavilions are sitting empty?
    News flash: Horizons was bulldozed years ago and Mission Space is now in it's sacred place.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken
    I think that would be up to interpretation of the word 'broken'.

Every time I go into Universe of Energy, I see people sleeping. There is no applause when it's over with - just people meandering out of a long boring air-conditioned show.

I love Bill Nye - I grew up watching the guy every day. But the most coverage his face has gotten in the past 10 years is the occasional science news commentary on CNN. And to kids who don't know how Ellen looked in the 90s, i'd say she is near unrecognizable in that attraction.

I agree that Mythbusters might be a fleeting choice, but so is Ellen and Bill Nye, and that hasn't stopped you from defending it. They are the face of science for a lot of people, as Bill Nye was in the 90s. I can see how the idea might work. And I happen to think Adam from Mythbusters is pretty darn good-looking.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: