Quantcast What the hey? pt3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What the hey? pt3

What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
    Me (Jennifer )
    Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
    Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
    Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

We got up and had cereal in our room, then opted to head over to Epcot for a quick visit. We felt that we didn’t spend enough time at Epcot last year, and we wanted to rectify that situation with this trip. First thing was to ride Spaceship earth. We just love the interactive stuff at the end of the journey … and we will often e-mail the little videos home for future chuckles. Next, the guys rode Mission Space while I waited at the end of the ride. After Mission Space it was time for a , then we went over to ride with Nemo and visit with Crush before going over to see Figment.

We had a dinner reservation at Kouzzina’s over at the Boardwalk (It is Harry’s favourite restaurant at WDW), so we planned on staying at Epcot until then. On our way out to the World Showcase, we picked up a timecard for a Kim Possible Mission. We meandered past Canada and the UK, and when we got to the KP station just before the International Gateway, Euan picked up his mission phone. Harry was overheating, so he and I opted to stand in the shade near the rose garden and watch the British Invasion (or whatever they are called now) while Brian and Euan completed the KP mission. It was a good show, and the other two had fun doing their thing too …. But we all needed to cool off … so we went over to France to see Impressions de France. It’s such a beautiful presentation, and the music is so fabulous. We all enjoyed it while soaking up some of the a/c. We meandered by Morocco, and strolled through the shops in Japan, before making our way over to the boat launch at the International Gateway.

The wait was not long, and we were all so happy to see our beloved Boardwalk (I can say very firmly that it is still my favourite resort). We were early for our ADR, so we took some time to wander about. We were seated very quickly after check in, and ordered our food. This was our fourth Kouzzina visit, and though it is still very very good, it didn’t seem quite as good this time. It seemed much more assembly line. I don’t know if it was the heat, but that’s how we all felt, including Harry. After dinner we rolled back out to the boat launch to return us to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth one more time before returning to our hotel (we drove to Epcot).

The swimming pool was VERY VERY busy. Brian and I opted to have a drink on the lounge chairs whilst the boys swam, and then at 9, a blow up screen provided a showing of the Incredibles. It was great fun, and the boys enjoyed their time.

Again we were in bed by about 11:30, and no wake up was set. We were doing what we could to make this a do what we care to do when we care to do it holiday, and so far it had been very good.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jenn, which "team" do the boys ride - green or orange on Mission:Space? DS really wanted to do orange this trip, but I'm afraid I'm not up for the task & I don't think DH is either. Thoughts?

I'm sorry that Kouzzina wasn't as good as you've experienced in the past - we had a similar situation like this at our fav this past trip & I know it can be a bit disappointing.

A great finish to a wonderful day - watching The Incredibles!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Hey Jenn, which "team" do the boys ride - green or orange on Mission:Space?
    Until this year, I wouldn't let Euan ride the Orange. He is not a risk taker, but he asked to ride the Orange this year. I left it up to them ... which is giving permission. Needless to say they went Orange, and Euan LOVED it. "My brain went into my feet! It was so cool!" . Not my cup of tea!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day... I love those "wake up when we please" days. And even if Kouzzina wasn't as great as it was in the past, it still sounds like it was pretty good.

"My brain went into my feet!"
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What is it about Boardwalk that makes it your favorite as compared with Animal Kingdom Lodge? Just wondering. Thanks for the report.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day! Looks like you're making sure you eat your share of Mickey bars!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a nice day at Epcot..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    What is it about Boardwalk that makes it your favorite as compared with Animal Kingdom Lodge? Just wondering. Thanks for the report.
    It's my favourite compared to any resort so far (and we've stayed at all except the Grand Floridian, The Beach Club and Saratoga Springs). I love the walking distance to two parks (I sooo hate commuting by bus). I love the activities on the Boardwalk, and the beautiful cool lobby, and all the nice nooks around the resort to sit quietly and take it all in. I like the theming, and love the music that is always playing in the background. I love the quiet pools and the Keister Coaster pool. I love the variety of experiences you can have at one single location. I just really love love love it ... and the Epcot proximity is the icing on the cake. That said ... I have had wonderful stays at all different resorts ... I really don't think you can go wrong with a Disney resort. It's just that the Boardwalk is my favourite (and therefore we bought DVC there).

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    It's my favourite compared to any resort so far (and we've stayed at all except the Grand Floridian, The Beach Club and Saratoga Springs). I love the walking distance to two parks (I sooo hate commuting by bus). I love the activities on the Boardwalk, and the beautiful cool lobby, and all the nice nooks around the resort to sit quietly and take it all in. I like the theming, and love the music that is always playing in the background. I love the quiet pools and the Keister Coaster pool. I love the variety of experiences you can have at one single location. I just really love love love it ... and the Epcot proximity is the icing on the cake. That said ... I have had wonderful stays at all different resorts ... I really don't think you can go wrong with a Disney resort. It's just that the Boardwalk is my favourite (and therefore we bought DVC there).
    I was thinking I would like to stay at one of the Epcot Resorts one day...just looking at the pics the BW looks beautiful and would be my choice just by looking at the websites... but it seems like it gets a lot of criticism for being worn and folks just seem to love BC....glad to hear from someone who really loves it. We are going to take a couple of hours and check it out in December.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

were all so happy to see our beloved Boardwalk (I can say very firmly that it is still my favourite resort).
    We love the AKL but in recent years we've stayed at the Yacht Club because of ease of access to Epcot, DS and Boardwalk. We also find it brighter, AKL's theming of dark wood and yellow lights was not good for my father's failing eyesight.

After Mission Space it was time for a
    are very nice but very naughty (350+ calories). What the heck, you're on holiday!
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Love the no wake up call... doesn't it feel good?? And I just love Impressions de France, as well... the music is the best anywhere. Glad you guys had such a fun day... and I hear you on the food... we didn't eat at Kouzzina, but felt the same elsewhere.

Still -- sounds like a great second day!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Spontaneity is great! So glad it's working out for you. Unfortunate about Kouzzina, though. Maybe just an off night.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: