Quantcast EPCOT Beer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPCOT Beer

Post Thanks / Like

Default EPCOT Beer

This past week, on one day I purchased a beer at the UK in EPCOT and was able to enjoy it all the way back to my Beach Club villa. A couple days later, the cast member at the International Gateway exit made me chug the beer before I could leave (well, she told me I couldn't take it out of the park).

What is the official rule? Honestly, chugging an $8 beer before leaving EPCOT is not my idea of a nice family vacation. Needless to say, I was not happy.
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    Aug 2011 - BLT, Universal, BCV
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Official policy is you are not able to leave the park with alcohol.

You got lucky the first time because apparently no one saw you leaving with the beer.

Post Thanks / Like

I had this happen to me also. So I learned to just pour it into my resort mug. It takes me about an hour to drink a beer and the mug actually kept my beer colder longer than the plastic cups did.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mel! I'll remember that next time. I did see a couple times while chugging where she turned her back....I thought better of making a run for it.

After listening to the podcast, I tried the golden with dinner at the UK. It was awesome.
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NH Disneyfan View Post
    Thanks Mel! I'll remember that next time. I did see a couple times while chugging where she turned her back....I thought better of making a run for it.

After listening to the podcast, I tried the golden with dinner at the UK. It was awesome.
    Sneaky! I know this policy from experience from the times we've stayed at Yacht Club or the Swan.

Yay for Goldens! Glad you liked it.
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-28-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was turned away from the exit with a Grey Goose slushie. I was not going to chug that, so I stayed behind and enjoyed the end of Illuminations from a bench by the exit. I don't really understand that policy...you can buy alcohol at the Epcot resort bars, so what's the issue?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I was turned away from the exit with a Grey Goose slushie. I was not going to chug that, so I stayed behind and enjoyed the end of Illuminations from a bench by the exit. I don't really understand that policy...you can buy alcohol at the Epcot resort bars, so what's the issue?
    I've always wondered what those tasted like. Any thoughts?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I've always wondered what those tasted like. Any thoughts?
    Um, like heaven?

Just kidding. They taste really good, actually, but you have to like Vodka (which I do!). It's sort of tastes like a frozen lemonade, but not as sweet. If you are familiar with the flavor profile of lemon zest, or lemon oil, like that mixed with vodka in a smooth slushy texture.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The licensing they have for alcohol is by park and resort. Got to be consumed in the licensed area.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

They should license the whole resort. Buses, monorail, pathways, boats. Just do it. Seriously, maybe not all of these spots, but I was able to buy a beer on the Boardwalk and stroll back to the Beach Club Villas with that, same distance as the EPCOT exit. I had a time constraint leaving EPCOT with the beer so chug or throw were my options. That was simply a bummer. Maybe the International Gateway should be an alcohol license exception...... Where do we vote?
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NH Disneyfan View Post
    They should license the whole resort. Buses, monorail, pathways, boats. Just do it. Seriously, maybe not all of these spots, but I was able to buy a beer on the Boardwalk and stroll back to the Beach Club Villas with that, same distance as the EPCOT exit. I had a time constraint leaving EPCOT with the beer so chug or throw were my options. That was simply a bummer. Maybe the International Gateway should be an alcohol license exception...... Where do we vote?
    It's typically not the license holder's choice. The issuing body will place those types of limitations. Keep in mind that Disney World sits in two different counties, and if the counties are issuing the licenses, that will impact it to.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Um, like heaven?

Just kidding. They taste really good, actually, but you have to like Vodka (which I do!). It's sort of tastes like a frozen lemonade, but not as sweet. If you are familiar with the flavor profile of lemon zest, or lemon oil, like that mixed with vodka in a smooth slushy texture.
    Ok, totally gonna have to add that to my "must drink" list for December.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Ok, totally gonna have to add that to my "must drink" list for December.
    Ditto
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

My MIL and I recently tried Grey Goose Slushies for the first time. So good!

Post Thanks / Like

I have made it through before and also been told to chug it. I think international gateway should be exempt from the rule. With all the bars on the boardwalk and in EPCOT and the close proximaty of the two I don't see the big deal.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the policy... I never asked, but this past week I saw people get on the monorail from the POLY drinking beer out of the can. I thought it was strange that you could get on with an open container.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

In Texas, it is not a "policy," it is a law. There are a couple of different types of permits. Some allow "cartage" and some dont. I cant imagine FLA being any different.

And while some permits allow "cartage," NONE of them allow a person to enter another licensed premise with an alcoholic beverage.

Bear in mind, if you leave the IG with an alcoholic beverage concealed in a resort mug, you are likely breaking the law and subject to a citation. If the BW area has its own premise license, then likely two laws are being broken by leaving a licensed premise with a alcholic beverage and bringing an alcoholic beverage onto a licensed premise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    In Texas, it is not a "policy," it is a law. There are a couple of different types of permits. Some allow "cartage" and some dont. I cant imagine FLA being any different.

And while some permits allow "cartage," NONE of them allow a person to enter another licensed premise with an alcoholic beverage.

Bear in mind, if you leave the IG with an alcoholic beverage concealed in a resort mug, you are likely breaking the law and subject to a citation. If the BW area has its own premise license, then likely two laws are being broken by leaving a licensed premise with a alcholic beverage and bringing an alcoholic beverage onto a licensed premise.
    Texas has it's fair share of odd laws. Having been born there and lived there for a number of years, I still scratch my head at some of the oddities of their laws. But, that is another post on another forum.

I did not think I was breaking any law by putting my beer into a mug. I shall not go into details as it may not be appropriate now. And I would never condone such behaviour nor would I do it knowingly. I will say that the people I discussed the "oddity" of my being able to walk a beer from the boardwalk to the IG and my ability to walk a beer from anywhere in Epcot to the IG. But not allowed to walk through the IG with one was rather insane, and they agreed. I can completely understand it at any gate that would lead to a parking lot. I would hope that they would not allow that. But, the IG and the resort area with all of the restaurants and access to the DHS is something different.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Texas has it's fair share of odd laws. Having been born there and lived there for a number of years, I still scratch my head at some of the oddities of their laws. But, that is another post on another forum.

I did not think I was breaking any law by putting my beer into a mug. I shall not go into details as it may not be appropriate now. And I would never condone such behaviour nor would I do it knowingly. I will say that the people I discussed the "oddity" of my being able to walk a beer from the boardwalk to the IG and my ability to walk a beer from anywhere in Epcot to the IG. But not allowed to walk through the IG with one was rather insane, and they agreed. I can completely understand it at any gate that would lead to a parking lot. I would hope that they would not allow that. But, the IG and the resort area with all of the restaurants and access to the DHS is something different.
    from the Florida ABT code:
    "562.02 Possession of beverage not permitted to be sold under license.—It is unlawful for a licensee under the Beverage Law or his or her agent to have in his or her possession, or permit anyone else to have in his or her possession, at or in the place of business of such licensee, alcoholic beverages not authorized by the aplicable permit."
    That means you can carry a drink onto a premise this is licensed if you did.t buy it there.

I just did a quick search. I bet if I look a little longer, I can find the law that says you can't walk out of a licensed premise with a drink too.

Post Thanks / Like

This being Disney, my guess would be that they would hope, by making you finish one drink, that you might buy another at the Boardwalk, thus spending more money.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: