Quantcast Jim Lewis Head of DVC Fired

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jim Lewis Head of DVC Fired

I heard from a reliable source Jim Lewis has been fired. That's all I know.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why? Hopefully there will be some solid news about this soon.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I guess the writing was on the wall for this one. I was wondering how all this was going to go after he was basically demoted.

I had an opportunity to hear him speak at the 2007 DVC meeting and was impressed. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

This is 100% true. I work for DVC. Believe me this is a step in the right direction. Jim will land on his feet somewhere, he is a smart guy. DVC is better without him though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jim Lewis = Fired

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=184698

Since this is not a rumor, and is in fact true, I thought it should be mentioned here.

Post Thanks / Like

Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have with this article is that the Sentinel says that Aulani is Disney first major resort outside of the theme parks, do they not count Hilton Head or Vero Beach?
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....thats a bit shocking.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    The only problem I have with this article is that the Sentinel says that Aulani is Disney first major resort outside of the theme parks, do they not count Hilton Head or Vero Beach?
    I've noticed this statement in several different places. Apparently they don't count HHI or VB. I've always wondered why as well.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Would someone please kindly fill me in. I claim to know very little about DVC, but with all the expansion, selling out existing locations, etc., I thought DVC was booming and making Disney lots of $$$. No? Why this firing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Would someone please kindly fill me in. I claim to know very little about DVC, but with all the expansion, selling out existing locations, etc., I thought DVC was booming and making Disney lots of $$$. No? Why this firing?
    Sales are down. It is my understanding they've been declining for a few years now. There are no truly "sold out" resorts. There is inventory available to buy at ll of them. The price increases are just there to create a false sense of urgency to buy now, as are the warnings of selling out. In 2008 supposedly BLT was going to sell out in 3 months. 3 years later it's still not sold out. Sales of Aulani were booming- in Japan mostly- until the quake/Tsunami. Then $8 mill in contracts got cancelled by the Japanese buyers. There's tons of inventory and lots of people who foreclosed or gave up their membership due to the current economic situation. DVC is a major cash cow, but even it has not escaped unscathed from the current reality.

I personally think this has been a long time coming. I have my reasons but I'm not going to go into it. Hopefully the new person can turn it around.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Lies always have a habit of catching up to you... The rest, as they say, is history...

While I don't think anyone can compete against the current economic downturn, there's a lot of other reasons this is a long time coming.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know much about this situation, but I was shocked to see that BLT points are now $150 each. Seems ridiculous to keep raising the prices when there is no demand and plenty available on the resale market (not necessarily BLT points, but other points that can be bought for about a third of what the current Disney price point is). The economy is bad, and raising prices when people cannot afford luxuries at any price right now seems to me to be a bad move.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Lewis is gone for a variety of reasons, but what pushed things over the edge was the Aulani debacle. He knew all along about the licensing snafu and didn't get it cleared up.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default out of the loop

Forgive me for being out of the loop...what Aulani debacle?
    As far as corporate restructuring...I have seen it many times, but what is Disney doing here? Are these people (last month's pink slips included) casualties of the economy or Disney deciding to "go in a different direction?" How are they looking to be situated once they are done restructuring?

I am afraid that with decreasing amount of "Magic" that the Corporate ones who are left will be forced to worry about only the $$$ and not the consumer...or maybe...the consumers' message is becoming clear: "Please put the Disney Magic back."

Question really is: has Disney interpreted that message yet? hmmm
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

DVC is not currently selling timeshare interests in Aulani at this time; in fact they were stopped in July when it was discovered that Disney was illegally selling their timeshare units as they had not obtained the proper (and legal) licensing documents. This could potentially cost the company (rumored) millions of dollars in fines. Additionally, after the devastation in Japan, Disney lost almost all sales from that nation (completely understandable). JL was at the helm for all of this - and that, coupled with his growing reputation for arrogance and ignoring member concerns, apparently led to his demise.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    DVC is not currently selling timeshare interests in Aulani at this time; in fact they were stopped in July when it was discovered that Disney was illegally selling their timeshare units as they had not obtained the proper (and legal) licensing documents.
    I'm not at all disputing what you say, but I am completely shocked if it's true that there appears to be absolutely nothing in the mainstream media about it. I couldn't find a single article from a credible news source reporting this.

Do you have any more info on where you heard this and maybe a link to a story about it from a true news outlet? Google searches turned up nothing.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Being a DVC owner I wonder what this will all mean for us owners. I have read on various blogs that Jim Lewis was not a customer service friendly towards the owners. Is he the reason perks have been slashed year after year?

However, from what others are saying it doesn't sound like he was well liked. Lets hope his replacement is a good one.

Also for the sales debacle at Aulani if its true I would think there would newspaper articles at very least in Hawaii. With all the lawyers they have this seems like a simple step that shouldn't have missed, if its true.
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm not at all disputing what you say, but I am completely shocked if it's true that there appears to be absolutely nothing in the mainstream media about it. I couldn't find a single article from a credible news source reporting this.

Do you have any more info on where you heard this and maybe a link to a story about it from a true news outlet? Google searches turned up nothing.
    Ian,
    I know it sounds pretty nuts - but it's true. Call your guide and ask about purchasing at Aulani. You'll get a run-around. It's been discussed at nauseam on other boards online (not too difficult to find). Disney is pulling their hair out on this one - It seems DVC has had major troubles on the Aulani "issue." I just sent you a PM on the issue.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: