Quantcast Thoughts on Le Cellier

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on Le Cellier

Trying to decide is dinner at Le Cellier is a "two credit worthy" meal. Would love to hear opinions! Thank You!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't gone yet, so I am not much help, but I would recommend going for lunch if you aren't sure. It's only 1 credit at lunch, and you will get to experience the restaurant without the lost credit!
    That's my plan in January!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten there before, but not sure we would eat there for 2 credits. It's good food, but we think there are lots of 1 credit restaurants that we would want to eat at for the second time around or even for our first visit

We are sure you'll hear lots of different opinions on this. Hope the responses help in making your choice.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Le cellier is delicious. Definitely go for lunch though. When you go for lunch, get the chocolate cake..... OMG the best cake I have ever had in my entire life. No hyperbole there whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed it until our last trip in May 2 credits, terrible service and our favorites from the menu are now only served for lunch. We will not be going back for a 2 credit dinner.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

We won't eat there for 2 credits. Just not worth it in my opinion. Plenty of other great restaurants at WDW for 1 credit.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont think any of the resteraunts at Disney are worth 2 credits on the dining plan. Disney is really getting nuts on their food pricing.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

LeCellier has been a favorite dining place of our family for a few years now. So much so, that we had scheduled three dinner reservations there on our past trip a few weeks ago. While we aren't on the dining plan, we utilize the Tables in Wonderland discount for A/P holders.

While the steak was wonderful & cooked to each of our tastes and the service was good, the restaurant has now removed every single appetizer, side and dessert that our family used to love. That's a lot of things to pull off the menu. They even pulled the grilled asparagus off! If it weren't for the bread sticks, we would have left the restaurant hungry.

After hemming and hawing for a few days, we called Disney Dining and cancelled one of the two reservations we had on the books. It was a completely different dining experience than we had enjoyed previously, and we ended up feeling very let down on the experience as a whole. We later decided to cancel the other reservation which was to be our last dinner at Disney and snacked around World Showcase for dinner instead.

Both dining line folks we talked to were absolutely aghast that we were cancelling reservations that had been made six months before for LeCellier- it was almost comical.

While I'm sure we will re-visit LeCellier in the future, there are several other places that I would put ahead of it - especially if you're utilizing two table service credits.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the executive chef change at Le Cellier which may be more responsible for the menu change than the boost to a two TS credit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    I personally dont think any of the resteraunts at Disney are worth 2 credits on the dining plan. Disney is really getting nuts on their food pricing.
    Probably to make up for the free dining
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HackLaSalle View Post
    Didn't the executive chef change at Le Cellier which may be more responsible for the menu change than the boost to a two TS credit?
    Actually the menu changed significantly when they announced it was going to two TS credits early this year. However, I had heard that the new chef made further changes after the original menu & TS credit announcement was made. In fact, our server eluded to this fact when we inquired about various items that were no longer on the menu after it had changed to the signature experience.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

The food there is incredible, that's why it's two dining credits and that's why it's really tough to eat there--even with a reservation.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I ate lunch there on 7/8 and the food and service was awesome. Can't wait to go back so it was so good!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I just ate there last week - and I have to say the food was delicious. I think with what's on the menu it is worth 2 credits, but out of all the signature restaurants I've eaten at it seemed to be the most casual and laid back in terms of atmosphere.
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post

While I'm sure we will re-visit LeCellier in the future, there are several other places that I would put ahead of it - especially if you're utilizing two table service credits.
    That's kinda how i felt. The steaks were really good. But something felt lacking. Not sure how i would explain it. But LeCellier just didn't feel like a 2 credit restaurant. The steaks and bread sticks being as good as they are, it's hard to dismiss this place. But for the same money, there are other places that are better.

Sorry, Carol, your experience was less than expected. And, um, I've been waiting for a trip report!

Post Thanks / Like

We've tried Le Cellier twice and didn't think it was worth the 1 credit, so I absolutely wouldn't ever even consider it again at 2 credits. Way over hyped if you ask me. Maybe we were let down because we were expecting too much from all the rave reviews we read.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one who thought that Le Cellier was a bit of a let-down. It was good, but not crazy good and not worth the hype.

I agree with many of the previous posters, go for lunch and save a credit.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there in March for lunch and it was great. Food was really good and the service was fun. We had reservations when it opened and they staff sang to us. This was the one resturant that I had never been able to get reservations for. We were not on the dining plan so I cannot answer that question. I would go back again given the chance. We took our 2 year old and I was really worried he would bother the others there but Disney is a kid place so there were also a lot of other children there.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

I was just going through my old EPCOT guide maps from the early 90's. I had forgotten that le cellier was a buffeteria (Disney's word for it.) I think it was better then. Not worth the credits or money or time now.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there yearly, until it became 2TS. It's great, but when you can eat comparably at Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, or Chefs du France for an example, for 1TS - hard to justify.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: