Quantcast We Be Trippin with the Teens Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We Be Trippin with the Teens Day 8

Day 8- Disney Hollywood Studios,
    ME
    DW
    DS - 13
    DD - 13
    Home: Boston, Ma
    Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    July 16 -July 23

Wake up call came at 6am…. This was the 8th and final day of our trip. The final morning was met with uncontrollable tears and sadness, but my kids told me to man up so I got myself under control and stopped crying…lol, of course JK. We sadly got our stuff together and checked out. We checked our bags and got our boarding passes using the Resort Airline Check-in. After checking out and checking the bags we went to Roaring Forks for our final vacation breakfast, Maple Mickey Waffles for me. We had all voted the day before and the plan was to head back to DHS for the final day, and then be back at WL to catch DME at 3:05pm for a 6pm flight back to Boston. During breakfast I threw in a curve ball, I asked the kids if they would want to rent Sea Racers before we head off to DHS and of course they both did. We rented 2 racers, 1 for DD and DW and 1 for DS and myself. We went around Bay Lake and then across the water bridge by the Contemporary Resort to Seven Seas Lagoon. It was so neat being able to go out on Seven Seas Lagoon in control of our own boat and get so close to the MK, Grand Floridian, and the Poly. After we turned the boats in we hopped the bus to DHS. It was late morning so TSM was already out of the question, we slowly walked around to take in the sights on our last day. We decided to hit our park favorites, ToT and RR, we also had to make sure we got to see Indiana Jones before we left. After riding RnR and ToT we grabbed some cold drinks and Mickey Bars and found seats to watch Indiana Jones. It started getting late and we still needed to grab something to eat so we went to the Backlot Express for lunch, it was our first time eating here, typical CS. After lunch it was time to leave, our vacation at the parks was now officially over. On our way out of the front gates I took a look back at the bustling park and wondered if, or when, we may be back again.

We got to our bus stop to get back to the resort, and waited….. And waited….. And waited some more. The wait started getting ridiculous and it wasn’t just us, others in the bus queue also started to openly gripe wondering where this bus was. For some of the other resorts 3 busses each came and went while we all sat and waited for our 1. This was the longest we had waited for a bus all trip, and of course it was when we had to be back at WL to catch DME back to the airport. The bus finally pulled up, but we were told we still could not board, they were now going to switch bus drivers. The old driver and new driver talked for a few minutes, the new driver went over his checklist, checking tires, lights, etc. We were all finally given the ok to board the bus. Prior to pulling out the bus driver kept stopping and re-adjusting the right side view mirror. No exaggeration, it took him an additional 5+ minutes to get that mirror correct. Ok I get it, safety first! The bus finally starts out slowly, and stayed slow. This had to be the slowest moving bus ride all trip. Of course as we pulled up to the resort the DME bus was pulling out. I inquired about he next DME bus and was told one would be by in 30 minutes, no problem still plenty of time before our flight. I was given new vouchers for the next DME bus but was told not to let the driver know we missed the first bus, he might not allow us on in fear we could blame him if we missed our flight. Really? Anyways, the next bus came and we boarded. We got to the airport and through security still with over an hour left until our flight. We grabbed dinner at the Outback Steakhouse at MCO, boarded our flight, and took off on time. On a kind of funny note, on the flight home I sat next to the same exact people I sat next to on our way down. This is strange because I chose our flights and seats myself for our flights both ways, and had picked entirely different rows.

I have been to Disney about 10 times now since I was a child, my twins have now been there 4 times. I have to say this had to be one of the best trips to date. Even though the kids are older and are not as much into the characters or little kid activities, the quality time we all spent together was better than ever.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Searacers sound fun!

Sorry about the bus issues at the park. That would have stressed me out completely! Glad you got to the airport without a problem and back home.

What a great holiday with your family. Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I enjoyed all your reports, thanks for sharing
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing better than quality family time!! Cherish every moment, they will be grown up before you know it!!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed "tagging along" with you.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I have found WDW vacations to be a wonderful way to spend quality time and make life time memories with my daughter. I have been surprised many times when she chose WDW over many other vacation options even as she got older and we had been many times.
    Again, thanks for sharing.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed your reports!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Loved your reports.

Brandon, Florida - About 55 miles from WDW!!
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the chances of sitting next to the exact same people on your way home that you did on your way down? That's crazy!

Well it sounds like you had an amazing trip! Thank you for taking the time to make all the trip reports, I enjoyed reading them!!
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the reports. Maybe I will get motivated and make a set. Yours were brief and to the point, not too much detail.

Did you really just have 3 beers all trip?
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome trip! That family time is priceless, so glad you have so many wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Your reports were great. It seems like you had a great family vacation. We always rent Sea Racers when staying at the WL. There are so many places to explore there.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you a had a great time

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

If you go back? nah, you have to go back! My family when growing up (2 parents, 3 children) loved the experience of growing up and still enjoying the parks, just in a different way. My first time going I was 5, my last time going with my family, I was 19. It seems like we all had more fun the older we got. Now, my husband and I went for our honeymoon, and on Sunday, we leave for our anniversary trip. I don't believe I will ever grow out of it. The time together smiling and having fun is so bonding. There is nothing like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Great trip!!! Thanks for sharing!! Making memories with your family is one of the BEST things we can do for our kids. Those memories are so so special.

You will go back!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Posterchild View Post
    Did you really just have 3 beers all trip?
    Ha ha! no way!

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Im so worried we will miss our DME bus the last day as we would like to head to a park also! I guess it wouldn't be too terrible to have to call our bosses and say were stuck in DIsney and can't get home

It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful and fun trip! :thankyou: for the trip report. I enjoyed reading it and it really put me in the mood for our upcoming trip
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've occasionally had a really long wait for a bus. Had we gone too late, we probably would have grabbed a taxi but it looks like it all worked out for you!

Thanks for your reports. I've really had fun following you and your family through the parks!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best trip reports yet - thanks for sharing your adventures!! I can't believe how much territory you covered throughout your trip - did you have an extra week at home just to recover?! I was exhausted just reading your itinerary - thanks again for a great report - felt like I was there with you all!!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JWB3 View Post
    One of the best trip reports yet - thanks for sharing your adventures!! I can't believe how much territory you covered throughout your trip - did you have an extra week at home just to recover?! I was exhausted just reading your itinerary - thanks again for a great report - felt like I was there with you all!!
    Actually yes, I always plan days off from work before and after a family vacation. In this case I took 17 days out of work for an 8 day Disney Vacation. I still had 8 days off until I had to return to work after we got home. I just kicked around the house and napped for 2 days after the trip playing catch up.

My DW and Kids are true troopers, when we are on vacation it is always get up early and go go go until we drop. We just have so much fun together.

Recent Trips:

Next Trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: