Quantcast Celebrity Sightings?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Celebrity Sightings?!

I needed some "alone" time last Sunday so decided to hop in the car and drive over to Disney. My plan was to crash the pool at the Grand Fla for a couple of hours. That didn't quite work out (it was waay too hot and sunny to chill by the pool) so I ended up hotel hopping on the monorail. During my walkabouts I spotted two different celebrities:

1. Rudy from Cosby Show was coming out of the Grand Fla Spa with an older lady who looked just like her. They looked very fresh and happy.

2. Adam Sandler was sitting on the steps of the volcano pool at the Poly playing with his son. As I walked by I overheard him say (in daddy-tone) "do you want to go sit down for a little while and we'll come back and play in the pool later?" Very sweet! I came back by a few hours later and Adam was sitting on a lounge chair absolutely mobbed by nine-year-olds.

And in previous years...

3. About ten years ago my sister Carolyn and I discreetly followed Meryl Streep around Frontierland.

4. We were at the Grand Fla for the Milenium and Hootie and the Blowfish were staying there too. We saw the band (and their families) walking around the grounds a few times. They were super friendly, smiling and waving at people.

So it got me thinking... surely my Intercot friends have had similar experiences!

Have you ever spotted any celebrities at Disney?

Nikki
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Grand Floridan is the place to be for celebrities! When we were there dining at park fare one table away from us was Joey Fatone and his family from the backstreet boys. I thought that was pretty cool!
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

Celebrity sightings are fun!!!

We ran into Kelly Ripa, her husband Mark, and there three kids in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't bother them. Kelly was in WDW to host the Christmas parade. We didn't approach her or anything, as she was just a Mom doing some rides with her kids. She wore 4" heels running around the Magic Kingdom. God Bless her!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband hung out at Victoria Falls with the Stray Cats a bunch of years ago...the kid and I were sound asleep...
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and his family having breakfast at a table diagonal from mine at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

I waited until they were leaving and asked for an autograph....he was very gracious and I have it framed on my living room wall...this was about 8 years ago.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Once I was waiting for my daughter and husband to come off thunder mountain railroad.
    A few minutes later Coby Bryant,his son,and his wife walk by the wife lets him and his son go on the ride and she sits on the bench i'm sitting on and we start talking.I thought it was pretty cool she is very nice person.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It was late 90's, right at beginning of the bubble gum pop music reboot. I was a huge fan of the new MMC and grew up watching it on the Disney channel. We were waiting in line at Planet Hollywood for dinner. Back in those days if you were waiting for a table, the line weaved up the left side of the steps. While we were waiting in line for what seemed like forever, all of a sudden this mob of security came up the middle of the steps. With the larger than life body guards came all of Nsync It was the Highlight of my teenage years for sure

Other than that I saw Mr. Miagi from the Karate Kid in MGM doing an autograph session
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is more of a discussion on celebrity sightings rather than a trip report, I'm going to motor this thread on over to the Mousellaneous forum. Hang on, we'll be there in a minute!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have to be honest....I am not sure I would be able to spot a celeb if they were standing in front of my pointing at their ID.

I am really bad at things like that...But it's so cool to hear stories!
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas 2004, we were at DHS waiting to go on RnRC. Gary Sinise and his family were within arms reach of me.
    Jodie

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw Michael Phelps walking across the Wilderness Lodge a week after the 2008 Olympics... I was ecstatic!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

When I was there in 2005 I saw Joey Lawrence and someone I assumed was his girlfriend at the time (I just looked it up and it looks like they got married at some point in 2005...and they met 13 years before that at Disney World!). They walked by me in the wine shop in France while I was waiting to get a glass of wine.

Same trip, I didn't see him, but the staff at Test Track were saying that John Stamos had been there earlier that day.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    Christmas 2004, we were at DHS waiting to go on RnRC. Gary Sinise and his family were within arms reach of me.
    Oh, Lieutenant Dan. I would pass out if I saw Gary Sinise in person. I love him.

I haven't ever seen anyone famous while at Disney, but I did see Stedman Graham (Oprah's boyfriend) deplaning while we were waiting in the security line at MCO. I only count it because we were leaving Orlando after our 2010 Disney vacation.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream