Quantcast American Idol Experience -- fixed?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol Experience -- fixed?

OK. We just returned from WDW. We saw The American Idol Experince at HS and loved it twice. But twice, including the results show on different days, there was a special recording made pre-show of "fans" of one contestant that was totally composed of people waiting in line that had no idea who that person was. And "coincidentally" the third "mean" judge totally LOVED that person during the love show. My DH and I would never have picked them for the winner. It's still an awesome show, but has anyone else experienced the fix???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been those "fans" before. In our experience that person did not win, or seem to get any special attention from any of the judges. So I don't think its fixed, at least not in that way.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Never have.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I've considered this as well; we went to the final results show of the day... and were coached, pre-show, to cheer for a local. I wondered if that would (or was meant to) give her an edge.

The final result, though, was that she did not win. In fact, a Canadian won that day. I don't think that would be fixed, because I don't think Canadians are eligible for American Idol; so the dream ticket wouldn't be that helpful.

=),
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

While the part of the show you're talking about is meant to give a more "fun" experience with the show (after all, it's always more fun to have "fans" as if you've been competing for weeks) the show is definitely not fixed. One of my good friends is a casting director for the AIE. Results are all genuine.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I know a girl that won so at least I know her win wasn't " fixed". She is now singing at Kings Island and is amazing
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. It just seemed bizarre that the girl selected for the "cheers" was also the only one the "mean" judge said he loved. Both times. And won. We totally didn't get why. It is a GREAT show -- totally gives you the American Idol feel!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing, at least in my experience of the AIE. The girl that had the "fans" video was the one the judges were the nicest too, she also was one of the worst IMO. We thought for sure she was going to win, and if she did win I would have been positive it was fixed, luckily the good singer actually won.

Overall, I really loved the AIE and it seemed very much like being at the real AI. I will definitely go see it again on my upcoming trip in Jan.

Btw, my favorite thing I bought at DHS was at the gift shop outside of the AIE, it is a statue of a mickey hand holding a mic, and on the plaque it says "You're going to Hollywood!"
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: