Quantcast Now Worried About Our Oct/Nov Visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now Worried About Our Oct/Nov Visit

Please ease my fears......but be honest!! lol We are going Oct. 27 - Nov. 4. My husband was just on the phone with Disney trying to get a better deal for us and they said that this week is super busy. She said she considered this week a peak week. She said even if discounts come out that this week will probably be blacked out. So, for those of you that have gone around this time, is it true? He told her we usually go the beginning of Sept and she said compared that this week will be way busier. Help!
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The first time we went Halloween week I got a discount, last year Halloween week and the week after were blacked out for the discount (we went the week after halloween arrived during "jersey week"). We are going 10/29-11/5 and hoping for a discount, but not counting on it. If a remember correctly the other times the discounts came out late July or August.
    2011 Oct 29- Nov 5 MNSSHP
    2010 Nov 5-13 POFQ MVMCP
    2008 Nov 8-15 POFQ MVMCP
    2006 POFQ
    2000 Poly Honeymoon
    1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We are going the same dates. Busy or not i'm still going to have a great time no matter the crowds.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I'd consider it a peak week. The crowds at that time are very manageable. You have MNSSHP and F&W going on and in 2009 and 2010 you also had Jersey Week and IMHO crowds weren't bad. This year Jersey Week is the following week so crowds may even be lower.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My boss went two years ago during that time and said it was the best time to go. He thought the crowds were manageable and the weather was great. Maybe someone else knows what is going on this year to make it be a "peak" time.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We went Oct 29-Nov 27, 2009 and it has been our favorite time to visit. The crowds were nothing! We had no waits on almost every single ride, and we never had a crowded bus. It is now our favorite time to go!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

When we went Oct 22 - Nov 1 in 2009, we had a room discount and found the crowds to be VERY manageable. The busiest day at MK was Halloween, of course, as there was a party going on, but other than that, we never felt like we waited any crazy times for rides, or for buses. (We stayed at CBR & AKL, and found both spots to be great on busing)

I can't speak to current discounts that may come out, as one of the previous posters stated that they were blocked out last year, and I honestly never checked.

But if you're willing to go w/o a discount, I wouldn't worry too much about the crowds, esp. if "Jersey Week" is later in November. You ought to be fine, and the weather is beautiful!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We are going 10/26 through 10/30. We went this week 2 years ago for my son's 4th birthday and found it to be quite pleasant. We usually go at the the beginning of September too. I found the crowds comparable, but the weather much cooler.

We booked our trip with a Bounce Back discount when we were there in May, so it is possible they may open up to more discounts later.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We have been going the end of Oct since the early 90's. The crowds have gotten much bigger since we started, but the only park we really have a problem is at EPCOT after 5:00 on the weekdays or anytime Sat & Sun. The Food & Wine has sent the crowds over the top there.
    What I also saw last year in Oct & Nov (I had two trips 10 days apart) was alot of drunk and out of control people.. There were many "drinking groups" that had way too much to drink. Some spots in the World Show Case were very hard to get through. Many of these people were throwing trash on the ground. I saw a few spitting in the flower beds and one women was throwing up. We had dinner at the Rose and Crown, which I know is a pub, but we had people from the bar standing so close to our table and they were so loud we couldn't talk to each other. This was the first year we experience this kind of thing at Disney and we were really surprised they let things get out of control. I hope that this year they see that there is a problem and handle things better.

The other thing is the weather. In September you still have summer weather. When we were there last November (the first week) it was cold. I believe it was in the high 50's during the day.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. No matter what we plan on enjoying the trip. It's just that it's costing us over 10 K and we are traveling with 4 kids under 8 and we don't want to have a terrible time. We are considering downgrading and staying at a cheaper place to save money, but we don't really like dealing with the buses too much. At least we have to boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Crowds are more unpredictable than they have been in the past, I think. It seems that even times that used to be quiet now have crowds, to some degree. But, it's still a good time to go. I've gone just a week after that when lots of NJ and Northeast schools had breaks and the crowds were more than manageable. The agent might have meant peak crowds for that time of year or compared to what they usually expect then, which is still nowhere near "peak" times for WDW (Christmas, Easter, July). I wouldn't worry. I would plan a good touring strategy that works for your family in any event, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferS. View Post
    It's just that it's costing us over 10 K and we are traveling with 4 kids under 8
    For $10k, I would have fun if the entire country of Brazil was there. I would paint smiles on kids no matter how upset they may get.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to get a better deal? Don't waste your time calling Disney; you can call ten times and you'll get a different answer every time.

Call Magical Journeys instead. They'll get you the best possible deal, guaranteed, and they'll do all the work. MJ can't be beat. We use them for every Disney trip or cruise.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: