Quantcast Coronado Springs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs

When discussing moderates, you don't see too much mentioned about Coronado Springs.
    From the pictures I've seen it looks like a beautiful resort and I'm considering staying here.

What are the reasons that keeps this on the bottom of the list of moderates?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial guess would be to me (and others)
    Coronada is the least "kiddie" themed resort of the mods..Don't get me wrong at all.We have stayed at CS and loved it!! We had a cabana room and it was nice and quiet,plenty of pools and the pepper market restaurant was great with plenty of food choices.
    It also is a convention resort,so you may encounter some folks away on business trips walking the grounds,didn't bother me,I was on vacation!!
    Have no fear CS is a very nice choice.

Post Thanks / Like

CSR is definitely less Disney than the other Mods. However, it has one of the best pools and kids areas of any of the resorts. People do not like it because there is a long walk to most anywhere. The counter service meals have a 10% "tip" charge to them and the prices are slightly higher than others. This is because of the conventions that are constantly there.

I look at this as more of an advantage. The buses are less crowded, the pool area has an incredible theme, the slide is one of the best.

With that said, I will not be staying there any time soon. The only reason for this is we have decided to not stay at the same resort twice. We will stay at each of the Values and Moderates before repeating. We have all the AS resorts, CBR, POFQ, and POR to stay at.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there once and having read many reviews on this site, I think it is one you have to try for yourself. Either love it or hate it. I did not like the way it was spread out, thought it was 'foliage-challenged', did not like the Pepper Market and we found the bus service lacking and then it took forever to get to some parks. Also, we were in a building with about a zillion, (okay just seemed like that) unsupervised Junio/Senior high school students there for a convention of sorts. Just my humble opinion of the resort. But as I said there are a lot of people who love it.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed for the first time and loved it- queen beds, great themed pool and we loved Maya Grill! I think it's not as popular a place because there is a convention center there. The resort is rather large and spread out. We had no issue and we rent a car always anyway. I think it's a wonderful place and the newly refurbed rooms are fabulous!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

According to our family, it's at the top of the moderates, not the bottom. It's a beautiful resort with a great theme, awesome pool, one of the best food courts, and slightly larger rooms. When we plan on staying at a moderate, this is always the first one we check.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there last trip and thought it was nice, not our favorite but would stay there again. We didn't like Pepper Market that much but that's just our opinion. It is big and we had to walk a ways to get to the main building which got tiring after a few trips to and from our room. I like the store inside they had some pretty neat things. We didn't swim but looked at the main pool which was pretty nice, there was also a smaller quite pool close to our section.

If you do a search on this site you should find several threads about Coronado.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to tell you, this is my favorite of the moderates. I'm single with no kids though so really like that it is less kid-friendly. I just stayed at the Coronado this past weekend (for the 3rd or 4th time) and really enjoyed it. The rooms are large and tasteful. Personally I don't find that the walks are too far and I love the Pepper Market. I'll be posting a trip report soon so will talk more about it!

Go for it - it's a great hotel.
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite thing at CS is the bed. They were quite comfy and pillows were nice to.

This could be because they just started replacing them.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed there twice. I think it is the size and in some cases the Pepper Market. It might also be that is is more off the beaten path than the other mods.

Some people love the Pepper Market but I have never cared for the set up or the mandatory tip.

It can be quite a walk depending on where your room is. Our our last trip we were in Cabanas and both the food area and the pool were decent walks in opposite directions.

On the positive side the pool is great and the play ground is fantastic. There is plenty of open areas for kids to play. I also enjoy the hammocks by the water.

There isn't anything wrong with CS. I would stay there again, but it is not usually first on my list.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed there a few times as I have the other mods and I have no complaints. It is large and you may have quite a stroll from your room to the pool and/or food court (I did) but I'm on vacation and at Disney that means walking all day so that didn't bother me at all.

The Pepper Market is different but fine for me...don't usually eat at the resort much anyway.

I would say, for me, if I stay mod its either CSR or POFQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post

Some people love the Pepper Market but I have never cared for the set up or the mandatory tip.
    I remember reading here that you could get your food to go at Pepper Market and just eat at the tables outside by the lake and because it was to go you didn't have to pay the mandatory tip.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there in 1999, and loved it. I've visited all the mods and have stayed at POR. While I loved last year's trip best of all, and I loved POR, I think Coronado Springs is the best looking and best themed of the moderate resorts. It was gorgeous, both day and night. I loved the restaurant, thought the food court was good, and the pool was the best of all the resorts at which we've stayed.
    Not sure why it is so maligned, but I'll always have a special pace for CSR in my heart!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the moderates and CSR is at the top of our list.

Beautiful grounds - can't say enough about that.

The main pool area is the best of the mods and our kids adore it. It is large enough to never feel crowded and IMO - it maintains more of a relaxed atmosphere than the pool at the other mods.

People say it's large and a long walk to everywhere. Quite honestly - I didn't find it any larger or longer to walk around than CBR.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the moderates and CSR is at the top of our list.

Beautiful grounds - can't say enough about that.

The main pool area is the best of the mods and our kids adore it. It is large enough to never feel crowded and IMO - it maintains more of a relaxed atmosphere than the pool at the other mods.

People say it's large and a long walk to everywhere. Quite honestly - I didn't find it any larger or longer to walk around than CBR.

The Pepper Market does seem to be either love it or hate it. Our family has always found that the Market has a much wider variety of food than the usual choices at the other food courts. You can go much more than the usual chicken fingers or burgers. I also love that I can get my food and sit down and enjoy it without trying to juggle my tray, managed my kids and pay for my meal all at the same time. I like to be able to pay after I have finished. That alone is worth the 10%

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps because those that love it want to keep it a secret. Took me awhile to convince DH to stay here on one of our trips. He thought he had found his home at the CB after several of the deluxes. (He loves them too but things the mods give you more bang for your $) Finally convinced him to try the CSR and now he has 2 favorites.
    CB still has the edge for the flora but we enjoy the walks at CSR, the Pepper Market, the queen beds, and the fun pool.
    Oh, and one of our BEST stories about cast member service came from the gift shop at CSR.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't think it is the least of the moderates, you just don't hear as much about it and CB as you do the Port Orleans resorts....we stayed here once and it was very nice although a bit spaced out. Like any other resort it has its pros and cons. We loved Pepper market although I am seeing negative reviews lately. I also liked that there were bus stops spaced around the resort so you didn't have to walk all the way to the front to catch a bus. All in all a very nice resort

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

It's my favorite moderate by far. It's a convention resort so they have made an effort to appeal to adult travelers, but it's still a great family resort. In fact I think they have the best pool and best playground of any moderate. As a bonus, business travelers tend not to use pools/playgrounds as much so those areas felt less crowded at Coronado than at other resorts. The grounds are gorgeous! We often got food to go just so we could enjoy the beautiful patio on the lake. I enjoyed Pepper Market and appreciated the variety. The grab and go area was nice too for simpler offerings like salads or sandwiches. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are very nice. I highly recommend that everyone try CSR at least once.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than Fort Wilderness, my DD8 says its her favorite resort for what its worth.

I love the theming and the rooms. Only downside is the long walks around to everything if you choose to walk.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    but I'm on vacation and at Disney that means walking all day so that didn't bother me at all.
    Our thinking is with all the walking that is done at the Parks we didn't want to have to do a lot of walking at the Resort too just to grab a soda or a quick bite before or after going to a Park, which is why we liked POFQ better because it is much smaller. Maybe if we had a room closer to main building at CSR it would have been better but it still wasn't a bad Resort.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: