Quantcast Military Eligibility for discounts….

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Military Eligibility for discounts….

We have a family member who is 60% DAV, Service Connected. He is not retired or active. His Military ID card is white with an American Flag on it, the standard DAV card. When he made his reservation with Disney the other day, he and the CM discussed his Eligibility for the Military discounts. They went through the list and all, and it sounded like he qualified. He wants to make sure and not have any last minute ‘surprises’ upon arrival and check-in.

Any information to confirm would be appreciated, thanks!

SMSP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass

Active Military personnel with proper ID (includes active U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists) are eligible to receive Disney Ticket discounts. Military personnel can also purchase Disney tickets for up to 5 members of their family. Guests in the Military can purchase these tickets at "Shades of Green." YOU MUST PRESENT VALID ID IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THESE PASSES. Your Military discounted passes can be picked up at the Made in the Shade store located at Shades of Green.

When tickets are purchased with a military ID at Shades of Green, there is no tax charged.

The Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Tickets are offered for Shades of Green guests or guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.

The Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Ticket includes admission for the specified days to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and Wide World of Sports.

The current prices for these passes that include Military discounts can be found here: Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass.

For Military personnel who are staying offsite, discounted tickets are sold at Military bases. You can also get specially priced tickets via - Mail Order: Retired, Active, Reservists, National Guard and DoD Personnel can order discount tickets via mail order by calling the Commander, Navy Region Southwest 619-767-6000 or Air Force Central Ticket Program at 210-652-2855.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. It seems we are getting conflicting information. Our military family member spoke with someone at the MWR ITT office in Orlando and then rec’d an email from them that included this:

“Disney is once again offering U.S. military members (active, reserve, retired, and DAV w/valid military ID card) up to 6 (including the sponsor) 4-day Military Salute Tickets!!!”

The email also included a spreadsheet with their current prices for tickets to attraction in the Orlando area. I am wondering if DAV folks get “some” of the discounts, and perhaps do not qualify for all the discounts. One way to find out would be to purchase them and then see what happens. But, I am not one for risks and such.

I’ve also rec’d conflicting information from CM that handle resort reservations about whether or not a DAV would qualify for military discounts.

That’s what I have gathered at this point and will update if I come across anything else.

SMSP

Post Thanks / Like

My best advice would be to contact the ticket office at Shades of Green. I have every confidence that they are the subject matter experts on this and deal with this question numerous times every day.

Their number is:
    (407) 824-1403
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smsp View Post
    That’s what I have gathered at this point and will update if I come across anything else.

SMSP
    I'd love more information if you receive any. My husband is a DAV and I've never been aware he's eligible for any Disney discounts.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to the Disney Park Blogs. It appears that you either have to be Active Duty, Retired or 100% Disabled. Hope this helps.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...yland-resorts/
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I went to Shades of Greem website the other day and they have an Eligibility list, which includes a lot of groups besides Active and Retired, along with 100% DAV. So, looks like any other percentage of DAV is a no go.

The thing is, the other sources of information are as clear as mud on the subject matter, including Diney Resort Reservations and the MWR ITT office in Orlando.

SMSP

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely right about no clarity on eligibility. After reading the Disney Parks Blog it appears that there are a lot of other people out there that can't make heads or tails of the deals for the military.

Good luck with your trip planning! Disney is running some great deals in the off season, so hopefully one of those will work for you instead.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redleg96 View Post
    . . . 100% Disabled. . .

I have experience with this as well. You must be 100% disabled miltary to qualify for the military discounts.

This was also confusing for us when we were booking a trip for DH's uncle, a disabled Vietnam Veteran, but since he (thank God) is not 100% disabled he did not qualify.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    I have experience with this as well. You must be 100% disabled miltary to qualify for the military discounts.

This was also confusing for us when we were booking a trip for DH's uncle, a disabled Vietnam Veteran, but since he (thank God) is not 100% disabled he did not qualify.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

SMSP