Quantcast rug pulled out from under me

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rug pulled out from under me

I had started to write about our MAW trip but I can't seem to find it in me to anymore. I might later but right now it just all seems like a big fat lie. Little did I know that while we were away on this incredible magic trip my husband was all set up in another place, complete with furniture. The week after we got home he had his lawyer file divorce papers. He just told me the other day, so I wouldn't be surprised when the guy shows up to serve me. He had been planning this for months and give me a couple of days notice so I wouldn't be surprised, I was floored (literally, I sank to the floor and started to throw up). He already has the temporary custody all set I should get them in a couple of weeks he said. I get the kids during the week and he gets them on weekends. Oh so I get them when they are in school and he gets all the free time, sounds fair right. I just don't know what to do. I had no idea this was coming. We've had our problems but we weren't even fighting lately. I thought we were on our way to building our marriage up again, spending more time together, boy was I mistaken. I feel like such a fool. Is this how these things are done? Is it normal to completely blind side the spouse like this? If you are wondering why it came to this it's because of his family. We don't get along and I don't trust them around my kids. They've proven to me on a number of occasions that they think nothing of my childrens safety or well being. I never stopped them for seeing the kids (which they hardly ever do) I just have said I wanted to be there to keep an eye on my kids. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Coreen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coreen, I am so sorry you are going through this. What a terrible way to find out. I would get my own lawyer asap, and get a better visitation schedule in place. ( Hugs)
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Must be ,,,,,,,,

The mid life crisis, I hear so many stories about the Husband Leaving the wife, in their early 40's, but I never hear the Wife Leaving because of it. Prayers to you and the children, and I hope things works out, more in your favor,,,
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. I second the suggestion to get your own laywer ASAP. I had a friend that just got through this and having a good lawyer made a world of difference.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

My goodness, I am so sorry you are going through this right now. I really have nothing to offer in terms of advice, but I can offer my wholehearted support and a virtual hug. We are here for you, and hopefully, someone else will be along to offer some useful advice for your situation. You will get though this and come out stronger on the other side. That's how us moms roll. Hang in there!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Just because HE said that is what HIS lawyer drew up as a custody arrangement doesn't make it so!
    He can say anything he wants, the JUDGE is the person who will decide things. and the fact that he doesn't spend time with his kids now, that he has never cared for a sick child or a special needs child means that he isn't capable of doing so every weekend!
    I can tell you I want custody for three weekends a month and draw up papers saying that. Doesn't mean it will happen.
    Don't accept anything he has to say as the truth. He has already proven himself to be a sneak and a liar. Nothing he says or does is in the best interest of his children
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry! Please get legal advice to protect your interests. Please reach out to friends, family, and others who can support you on a daily basis.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for all of this, Coreen--I can only imagine what is going through your head and heart. Know that we are here for you, whenever you need an empathetic ear and a
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You will get though this and come out stronger on the other side. That's how us moms roll. Hang in there!
    Amen! You can do hard things - one step at a time. Keep your chin up, put one foot in front of the other and take care of yourself, so you can be there for your kids.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Just because HE said that is what HIS lawyer drew up as a custody arrangement doesn't make it so!
    He can say anything he wants, the JUDGE is the person who will decide things. and the fact that he doesn't spend time with his kids now, that he has never cared for a sick child or a special needs child means that he isn't capable of doing so every weekend!
    I can tell you I want custody for three weekends a month and draw up papers saying that. Doesn't mean it will happen.
    Don't accept anything he has to say as the truth. He has already proven himself to be a sneak and a liar. Nothing he says or does is in the best interest of his children
    Exactly! Sounds like he is trying to bully you on top of everything else.

As others have said, we're here for you to vent, use as a sounding board, whatever. So sorry your family is going through this, stay strong.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you really got blindsided.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry as well that you are going through this. And having to find out this way shows he had no regards. I hope you find a good lawyer and get what you deserve as well.

Good luck!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I can't imagine coming home from a wonderful trip with my kids to find this out. I have no advice to offer you, but wanted to tell you to hang in there, stay tough, and good luck with everything.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Coreen, so sorry for what you're going thru. Good luck to you, hang in there, you'll get thru this.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Such a rotten thing to do.
    Hang in there!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Hire a good attorney and since he is already wanting you to have temp custody, push for full. Make sure you have judge order child support also. Just because you agree to something out of court doesn't mean a hill of beans when something goes wrong and you try to inforce it. Good luck and hang in there. It will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's really low. Of course you're floored and hurting. Sounds like crazypoohbear is looking out for you, and she's right. Make sure you have a good lawyer. A good lawyer will give you the right advice on how to proceed in your best interests. So sorry!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any advise, except to get a good lawyer to help you and protect your and your children's interests. Prayers for you support in this time of uncertainty.

Post Thanks / Like

What a horrible thing that he's done. Like everyone else says get your self a good lawyer.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

get a good lawyer !I' ve been through this with my wife .i didnt blindside her but she knew it was coming.i gave her the house and we had joint custody of the kids.through this she used the kids as a weapon to get at me .there was no other woman but she did remarry 6 months after the divorce .i remarried 3 years later and got full custody of my youngest son( 9 at the time ),who loves his step mother more than me lol.ive now been happily married for 13 years. i KNOW its hard when children are involved but trust me you will get through this and be a better person. my sons are now 28 & 25 i have 4 grandkids which means i still have to see my ex sometimes at birthday parties and such.we're civil around each other and get along fine.hang in there and remember there's lighted at the end of the tunnel and no its not a train.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: