Quantcast What would you add to improve any park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you add to improve any park?

My wife and I were talking about our upcoming trip and reviewing where we would eat lunch while in DHS. We really feel there can be another sit-down location to dine in DHS. Here is what we came up with.

A Star Wars themed restaurant

How cool would that be? They could totally recreate the bar scene with the cool music being played by aliens. The booths can be exactly like the one Han Solo was sitting in and the bar too. Its nice to dream.

So, what's your idea to improve the palce we all love?
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Star Wars Restaurant is the one thing that I can't believe isn't already there. It would fit perfectly- the cantina scene is one of the most iconic Star Wars locations.

Post Thanks / Like

Any additions I can think of would be for Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom.

Many people (wrongly) consider these two parks to be 1/2 day parks because they don't offer as much as MK or EPCOT in the way of ride attractions. So, let's give those people what they want, so the rest of the family can go on safari or look at the gorillas longer...or stay longer in HS...it's so cool looking at night with all the neon of shops and it's main street!
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I would take out Tom Sawyer Island and build a new land devoted to villians there,maybe called Skull Island with a villian themed character restaurant called The Rusty Nail.And you could only get there by the same rafts now piloted by various villians.
    Then Id recycle the Tom Sawyer elements on the old Discovery Isalnd by FW
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood (Disney-MGM Studios) lost its original vision and concept--plain and simple. It was to be an actual working film/animation studio and also a place to celebrate the history of the golden age of Hollywood and Disney films. Now it's just a lack-luster Hollywood-themed amusement park which panders to thrill seekers.

Hollywood Boulevard is just one huge Disney Store hidden behind art deco facades that sells redundant merchandise you can find anywhere else in any of the other parks. Maybe shops that sell movie memorabilia, animation cels, props, etc. would be more appropriate?

I still love the Great Movie Ride and always come away from that attraction wanting more--its so inspiring and it really gives you an appreciation for those early films that made Hollywood great. The end show needs updating to reflect more contemporary films though. The Backlot Studio tour is a joke--it's not even a real studio!

Post Thanks / Like

I love HS but i'd get rid of Indiana Jones and add a different show. something similar but differnt themed.
    In AK i would add a much nicer resturant. I love Tusker House, don't get me wrong, and the other places are nice, but i'd lvoe a really nice resturant.
    In MK i would like some sort of tribute on mainstreet, maybe a movie or museum honoring the disney legends, especially the 9 old men and Ub Iwerks recognizing their contributions to Disney
    and in Epcot a roller coaster of some sort would be cool, and another country would be cool as well.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as a 50 yr. old I must say I love the "thrill" rides @ WDW because they have just enough "thrill" to make me happy.

I too would love a special spot for the villians...anywhere in the "world" would do!

I also would have a couple more indoor eating spots at AK...very hot there...very little air.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Retractable roof!!! lol. I would add fans that would blow smoke away at shows like fantasmic. The fireworks smoke sometimes blocks the view near the end.
    1989 - Poly
    1990 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2000 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter

C - completely
    U - useless
    B - by
    S - September

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, DHS is in serious need of some new and updated attractions....I love Great Movie Ride because it is the first Disney ride I ever rode but it needs a lot of updating...Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey just needs to go...Backlot Tour...needs to be scrapped or completely revamped and their CS needs improving because Starring Rolls is the only decent place to eat there now....I think they need a cool water based ride like every other park, so many ideas I just can't stand it

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Dark rides to ALL World Showcase Pavilions charting the countries success stories.
    To be able to hire boats ( rowing or powered ) on World Showcase Lagoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I'm going to attempt one for each.

At MK:
    This is the park I could see adding an enchanting restaurant to; it seems the ones on the monorail line are the greater destinations. Perhaps, a faux-outdoor one like San Angel Inn.

At Epcot:
    Maybe this park could host a World of Colour-esque evening light/water show? Maybe it's time to see a new night show here?

At AK:
    Keep a few thrill rides coming! I know folks aren't looking for Busch Gardens at WDW, but it'd be nice to have a few like Everest in this park. A mix of calm/exotic and wild/crazy.

At DHS:
    A new backlot tour; something immersive that is worthy of the time-commitment and adds some "new" to the old, less relevant space
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

Have all the parks on the monorail route

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbuddy View Post
    Have all the parks on the monorail route
    Totally. But lets updat the entire system. We were there the first 2 weeks of June. The monorails broke down a few times. I have a family member who is a pilot and she says it has become a regualr occurance. The epcot line broke one morning and we had to take a bus back to the ttc. A pilot was on the bus and I talked with him about the problem. He comfirmed is a growing problem. The "maypole"? system fried (their safety navigation system) he said they hoped to have it back up by park close.

Also I would like to see the tomorrow land speedway reconditioned to a CARS themed ride.
    Mmmmmmmmm Egg roll cart!

Post Thanks / Like

If I were president of the world and had an unlimited budget, here are the first aspects I would change of each park:

Magic Kingdom
    • Re-theme Tomorrowland and return it to its original vision
    • Remove The Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction from Adventureland and re-theme the Agrabah section

Epcot
    • Give Future World a full overhaul, updating nearly every pavilion so that Future World remains, you know, futuristic. Specifically, I'd update Universe of Energy to discuss today's issues, return Journey Into Imagination to a version that honors the original, finish the Spaceship Earth finale and put something in Wonders of Life.
    • Add more dark rides to World Showcase and finally install the proposed Japanese Mt. Fuji thrill ride
    • Create a new version of IllumiNations. Reflections of Earth's time has passed.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • Put in either the proposed Monsters, Inc. roller coaster or a clone of Radiator Springs Racers into Pixar Place. Preferably both.
    • Use the west side of the park for a legitamate "Lucasland," including a real Star Wars dark ride, a new attraction themed to the Indiana Jones franchise and the Mos Eisley Cantina
    • Update The Great Movie Ride to make it the star of the park, as it once was
    • Remove the hat

Animal Kingdom
    • Fix the darn yeti
    • Fix the bevy of broken effects in Dinosaur
    • Remove the Dino-Rama section and theme it appropriately

Now, who's ready to write me the check necessary to fix all this stuff?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is my wife's idea and she wants it patented: NAP TENTS.

She wants a place at each park where you can pay for a 30- or 60-minute nap without having to return to your hotel. Resort guests receive a discounted rate. The FastPass system could also be incorporated. This would be HUGE!!! Nap tents! It will catch on.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

pcot

* Give Future World a full overhaul, updating nearly every pavilion so that Future World remains, you know, futuristic. Specifically, I'd update Universe of Energy to discuss today's issues, return Journey Into Imagination to a version that honors the original, finish the Spaceship Earth finale and put something in Wonders of Life.
    * Add more dark rides to World Showcase and finally install the proposed Japanese Mt. Fuji thrill ride
    * Create a new version of IllumiNations. Reflections of Earth's time has passed.

Sounds good tom e !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    This is my wife's idea and she wants it patented: NAP TENTS.

She wants a place at each park where you can pay for a 30- or 60-minute nap without having to return to your hotel. Resort guests receive a discounted rate. The FastPass system could also be incorporated. This would be HUGE!!! Nap tents! It will catch on.
    That woman is GENIUS!!! I love it!

I'm on board ... but only if the tents are climate controlled to 60* !!!

Post Thanks / Like

turn tomorrowland terrace restaurant into something useful....maybe a restaurant that is actually open. has not been open the last few times we went in may or november. i used to like to sit there and eat a pizza and salad in the shade and look out at the castle. that was the first thing DW and I did when we arrived our first day at MK. Now it is a ghost town there. It's a big space. What's the deal?
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrowland Speedway, need something different, Maybe a TRON inspired virtual attraction. Epcot could stand more countries. A Star Wars cantina restaurant in DHS is an EXCELLENT idea. Not necessarily in the safari/trek animal areas, but AK coud benefit from more nighttime activities in the village areas. I'm just sayin...
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Keep all the parks open late so that the lines would be less and I could see AK at night.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Share This Thread On Social Media: