Quantcast Inexpensive Souvenirs - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy the WDW themed D-rings. I use D-rings in various places and like having momentos instead of "D"s.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cell phone charms at $5. I have three hanging from my camera bag.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

We are not big time pin traders/collectors, but we get a pin or two on every trip, usually a dated or event themed one. They are less than $10. It's a good way to look back and remember our trips. We also love the Disney Christmas Ornaments, but we have spent good bit on those, so I wouldn't call them inexpensive.

We also have a good collection of the pressed pennies and we also get a new antenna topper or two every trip.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

This may not be what you had in mind, but my photos are the best souvenirs of all...and now that we're in the era of digital cameras, it doesn't cost me one thin dime to take all the photos I want. At the end of the vacation, then, I get to make a slide CD of the entire vacation that I can watch and relive the experience whenever I want...plus I get to give copies to my friends and family who go to DisneyWorld with me.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is a pin set I got one year. It consists of 4 pins. It was the Villains Being Bad. The set had Hades, Jafar, Maleficent, and Chernabog. Knowing the average costs of pins, this could be considered pricey to some. I got Hades, Jafar, and Maleficent in one trip. It took 2 trips to find the Chernabog pin! The year I got the others the CM we asked had a book with a list of pins, and it said it was retired. Two trips later, I believe we were in one of the shops on Main Street and I found it. The villains are my favorites, and this set is up there with my favorite souvenirs.
    2002 ASMo
    2004 Pop
    2005 Pop
    2006 Pop
    2008 Pop
    2010 Pop
    2011 Pop
    2013 Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

oh gosh...let's see...
    room freebies (soap, shampoos, towel animals, etc...)
    I also collect any coasters, food tissue paper (clean, of course), napkins, paper menus, and receipts for my scrapbooks, park maps that I use to make a one-of-a-kind WDW property map to frame and hang, thousands of photos, and, oh yeah, the "family" car window decals with the family members, including pets, with the Mickey ears on!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, I brought home some caramel corn from Germany. Yeah...that didn't work out the way I planned, for I had eaten most of it before we landed back in Philadelphia.

If I have any left over Fast Passes in my pocket at the end of the trip, they make great items to put in a scrapbook...along with my plastic room key/park ticket.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I love the magnets with the year on them. It is one of the things I make sure I get every time we go. I get to see them all the time since they always go on my frig. The other thing I always get is the 4x6 photo album with the year. We started about 3 years ago getting my DS (age 5 now) a Disney Racer every year. I'm now on the hunt for a display case for them that I can hang on his wall.

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

We get the fridge magnets, and my wife really likes all the stuff for the kitchen, I also like to collect the watches you can get for like ten bucks with a certain purchase we always look for those deals
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Popcorn buckets
    LOVE those!! They make great bathtub toys or hot wheels cars holders!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I like collecting Christmas tree ornaments at WDW. They're not that expensive (though not as inexpensive as some ideas here) and every family member picks one out. When the kids leave home, they will take their ornaments with them and have a start on their own holiday traditions.
    Yes! I've been slowly buying one here and there! I would love an all Disney tree one day!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDisneyFan View Post
    There is a shop in DTD between two buildings(more of a breezeway) that has many discounted items including a grad bag. I think it was $10 the last time I was there. You always get a variety of pens / pencils / stickers / etc. Well worth the $10 and a great mystery until you can open up the bag.
    Love that shop!!

Some of favs are my coffee mugs. I try to get one each time we go. $10 is a good price My keychains and dishes/cups for the boys!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a perfect one! At the Japan pavilion at the cash register in the very back you can get either a pink or blue decorated tea cup and they write your name on it in Japanese for only $2.00.. MIL got both me and SIL one. They used it for a shot glass. heh.

I think it 's a perfect little very cheap gift for friends at home.. If I would have thought of it at the time I would have gotten my 6 nieces one.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    This may not be what you had in mind, but my photos are the best souvenirs of all...and now that we're in the era of digital cameras, it doesn't cost me one thin dime to take all the photos I want. At the end of the vacation, then, I get to make a slide CD of the entire vacation that I can watch and relive the experience whenever I want...plus I get to give copies to my friends and family who go to DisneyWorld with me.

I agree! The photos are always the best thing to look back on We also like to keep things like our "key to the world" card, our luggage tags, plane tickets, park maps, and things like that for our scrapbook.

As far as things to buy, we also collect the anntena toppers and Christmas onraments. I also have to buy a picture frame every year

*2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge--in progress*
    *2010 Polynesian*
    *2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge*
    *2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge*

Post Thanks / Like

Mine aren't cheap, but I LOVE the handpainted animation cels from the animation store in Disney studios.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

For a completely free souvenir, head to the Art of Disney Animation at DHS. They have an Animation Academy, where you learn how to draw one of your favorite Disney characters! We go at least once every trip! It is so much fun to do and you get to keep your drawing! It is a tradition in my family to go every trip, its fun to see how much better we are getting at drawing!! Out of all the times we have went, we have only repeated a character once.

For someone at home, you can send them a email video postcard for free! You can find it at Innoventions and I think there is also one at the end of Mission:Space...
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

A couple people already mentioned the pressed pennies. Those are a favorite with our kids.

Along with photos, I'll say - postcards.

Someone a few years ago mentioned picking up a couple extra napkins at each meal. They would slowly use them throughout the year to prolong their Disney fix
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I like the keychains with the little foam mickey heads on them. I usually pick up several during each trip and then cycle them through as they wear out. My favorites have been from Animal Kingdom, where you can get them with leopard and zebra prints on them, but the patriotic ones are fun too. And every time I pull my keys out of my purse, I get a smile on my face.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I clear out the resort of all the free stuff, too! My dad brought home a stack of paper Mickey coasters on year.

I have also gotten packs of pens/pencils. When you break them up and give them out as gifts, it turns out to be an ok deal.
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

The first time my daughter went with her grandma she brought me a Norse horse keychain(2006). Let me tell ya that little sucker will leave a bruise if it hits you but it has lasted all these years on my keys.
    U can find bargains in most of the shops if you just look hard enough. Our last trip was 2008 and I got my daughter the cutest little princess shirt marked from 19 or 20 down to 10. She outgrew it two years ago but refuses to part with it. Lol
    I bought souveniers for 8 people and charged tips for 5 dinners and only spent 375.00 and as y'all know about 150 (only 3 of us) was for tips.
    The cast and crew: Me-stitch (35), DH-Baloo (35), DS-Beast (16), DS-rafiki (15), and DD-Alice (11)

Off property 1985
    Pop 2008
    Pop august 2011

Post Thanks / Like

i have always liked little nick nacks from the World Showcase that were unique and that I hadnt seen before. (strange candy, at first, then other items)

Now however I am more into pins and the die cast vehicles, specifically ride vehicles and the WDW transport buses. One glance at them and I'm back home.

So many little things that one doesn't really have a need for, but that we have to have because it makes us feel closer to WDW. I don't even drink coffee but I still had to get that mug!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    I love my resort mugs and use them all the time!! They are usefull when at WDW and then when at home!
    Great one! We love ours, as well.

I have a story:
    Back in 2002, we took my parents for their first trip. They loved it! On the last day, my dad kept telling my mom, "I have a surprise for you." He kept teasing her and wouldn't say what it was. Finally he said, "You want to know what it is?"

He took out a stack of Walt Disney World napkins he had hidden in her purse. We all laughed.

"That's your big surprise?" my mom said.

"You don't think it's much now. But in the summer when you have a cook-out, I'm going to set the table with these napkins and you're going to think of this trip all over again."

He was SOOOO right. We were all sad when they were gone. It was a great inexpensive (free) souvenir.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness