Quantcast If you had one bit of advice, what would it be? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post

Stop every once in a while and just look at all what each park has to offer. Watch the people and especially the kids and how they react to everything.

Find a nice park bench and enjoy the moment with a frozen Mickey bar and watch the world go by..

My thoughts exactly! Have fun and remeber to stop and smell the roses!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the most magical time at the Magic Kingdom is at the end of the day. We always stay until closing and sit somewhere to relax watching the castle change colors and listen to the quiet winding down of the day.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, though its WDW, its still a vacation. Have fun, make the most of it, take everything in at your own pace, and make plans to return on another vacation to see the things you've missed.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

See Kilamanjaro Safari early in the morning as the animals are just waking up and like to get out before it gets hot midday.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Tip

My tip is: go with the flow.

Things happen. Luggage gets lost, reservations get messed up, people can be rude, rides break down. But how important is it in the long run? You're at Disney World and that's awesome.

Have a wonderful time.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

the best advice i can give is don't go. the rest of your life will seem like a let down compared to WDW

Take time to talk to every cast member you see, they are some of the nicest people i have ever met and they can make your trip something special. last time we were there my son was bugging me for a lemonade slushy and i wasn't sure i wanted to buy him one since we were going to be eating soon so i didn't see the need to spend the extra money. well he won the battle and then i gave him the money and told him to go get it himself. he came back in a little bit and handed me back all the money i had given him and said the lady told him to come behind the counter and make his own slushy and since he did such a good job she said he deserved a free one. so i went from being bummed about the money to thinking this really is a magical place. where else is something like that going to happen to you? walmart? target? little things like that have kept me going back for many many years. I spend 3k on a trip and save 3 dollars on a lemonade and somehow that makes me grin from ear to ear even now when i think about it a year later. now if that isn't magic i don't know what is.

the rest of your life will pale in comparison, save yourselves while you still can.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    As you can tell from my tips, I'm not one of those people who is not constantly running from one attraction to another.
    And, I just realized the above sentence is incorrect. It should actually read "I'm not one of those people who is constantly running from one attraction to another." That's what I get for rushing a post.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Rose and Crown for dinner and Illuminations.(ask for lagoon-side seating)
    Take one day and go resort hopping.
    Take one late afternoon/evening to stroll around the World Showcase lagoon and eat and drink something from each country, and try to catch a performance of Off Kilter(in Canada) and the British Airwaves (in the back gardens of UK).
    Don't be in a rush to leave the parks at night. Grab some ice cream @ the Plaza Ice Cream on Main St and watch the crowds leave.
    Attractions are usually easier to get on during parades and fireworks shows.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-4-Me View Post
    I think the most magical time at the Magic Kingdom is at the end of the day. We always stay until closing and sit somewhere to relax watching the castle change colors and listen to the quiet winding down of the day.
    ...and one of the best ways to experience this is on a bench just beside the castle going towards Liberty Square while sharing an ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. One of my absolute favorite things to do with my DW! (Just my little addition to an already awesome tip!)

To add a couple more (gotta stick with the trend on this thread)...

-Take time to explore Rafiki's Planet Watch and the trails around AK.

-Stop into Starring Rolls at DHS for a carrot cake cookie.

-If you happen to be in MK two separate nights for wishes, experience it the first night in front of the castle and the second evening jump onto BTMRR or Astro Orbiter or Dumbo (depending on what area you're in) or just stand behind Cindy's Carousel in Fantasyland (this last one is where the fireworks are going off all around you and is very magical, but as a warning it can sometimes get a little loud and smoky behind the castle)

-And I agree with many others when they say to take your time. Make yourself aware of your surroundings, you'd be amazed at the things you'll come across and experience when you go off the beaten path to explore or stop to watch a performer (especially the Dapper Dans) and the fond memories this will create. It's what makes Disney magical!

ENJOY and blessings to you both!!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

One piece of advise....?

Take time to stop and enjoy the Magic of WDW.

The memories created on this trip together will become some of the most special of your lives. Enjoy!!!!

May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

See the opening at MK! Walk through under the castle. Get spat on by the camel in Adventureland. Watch Wishes. Explore a park at night. Ride the monorail around the Seven Seas Lagoon and see each resort. Visit each country in the World Showcase. Go in the red phonebooths in the UK or Canada and see if someone calls. Get a snack and settle down for Illuminations.Then try to find the fairy dust as walk out at night. Walk through Walt: One Man's Dream in DHS. Walk and around explore AK.
    2002 ASMo
    2004 Pop
    2005 Pop
    2006 Pop
    2008 Pop
    2010 Pop
    2011 Pop
    2013 Off Property

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: