Quantcast Senior Class Trips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Senior Class Trips?

Now that Disney World has done away with grad nights, it appears they've replaced them with Senior Class trips that can take place at ANY time of year. Looks like Disney is inviting even more large groups during regular park hours rather than during after park hours.

Senior Trips

Seems to me this could have a significant impact upon park crowds and enjoyment?!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think we ran into some of those groups at MK today. It was nutty busy and it seemed to be a lot of late teenage kids making up the bulk of the crowds.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely. Now we'll have Grad Nights all day, all spring. Looks like late May will take a backseat to our planning....

I certainly don't begrudge Seniors having a good time, and I'd love if my kids were able to experience something like this, but I seriously hope Disney has some fail-safe rules in place when these groups arrive to keep the parks sane for those of us who DON'T want to experience high school again....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I certainly don't begrudge Seniors having a good time, and I'd love if my kids were able to experience something like this, but I seriously hope Disney has some fail-safe rules in place when these groups arrive to keep the parks sane for those of us who DON'T want to experience high school again....
    Based on what we saw at Animal Kingdom yesterday, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I concur with Ian. These groups were everywhere toward the end of this week. Made me yearn for the Brazilian tour groups. At least you can sort of avoid those. Instead, there were many, many different groups of anywhere from 10-30 people. Dislike.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

What are they thinking
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I was there from the 19th to the 23rd and I did see more school groups than normal though not just seniors.

The day we went to Epcot there was a large middle school group broken into groups of 10. They had very little supervision & were doing a scavenger hunt.

Luckily we only ran into them a few times, but they were memorable.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the horse and buggy days, we didn't do big Senior Trips like these, though some of the "wealthier" school districts had schools who did. My sister however who is young enough to be my child DID have a senior trip and they went to WDW and US/IOA.There are big differences though seeing I had a senior class of 350 and she had a senior class of 18. They are in a private school and do this trip every year.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    What are they thinking
    $$$$$.... .... definitely not of the REST of the park guests!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Having gone to a Grad Nite in the last couple of years, I can say from first hand experience that I'm glad they stopped doing them. It was run poorly with horrible performers that attract middle schoolers or indie bands that 99% of the didn't know who they were, selling SO many tickets that it took two hours to get from the MK toll booth to the parking lot behind where Galaxy Palace Theater used to be to drop people off, and the kids acting like total idiots...

I feel bad for every guest that has to deal with them now, but I'm glad my brother doesn't have to waste his money on Grad Nite next year. If you want to check out my report of my night, check here. (Don't mind the spelling and grammatical errors, I was so young )
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

This is highly upsetting they need to always warn guests of these groups. I cannot explain to you how horrible February was with the cheerleaders!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I was wondering why MK hours are so late for next week. That might explain it. I certainly hope I'm wrong. We don't have a lot of park days planned for this trip to save on $$$. When we went the same week in 2008 the crowds were very manageable.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Hmmm, I was wondering why MK hours are so late for next week. That might explain it. I certainly hope I'm wrong. We don't have a lot of park days planned for this trip to save on $$$. When we went the same week in 2008 the crowds were very manageable.
    Well I don't know if it will continue, but when we were down this past week the parks were busy. And I checked my wait times app yesterday a few times and lines were still very long.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the schools here in FL let out next week around Tuesday and seasonal passes go into black out on Sat, 6/11 (I think). That could be a factor.

Florida schools (at least those in my area) have been starting a little later and ending a little later each year to shift the calendar. We used to end in early Mary and start early Aug, so you probably have FL residents going to parks later than in previous years.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't everyone want to spend their hard earned vacation dollars having the look and feel like you were back hanging out at your old highschool Cafeteria????

Grad night would have been a better contained option IMO...

I will AVOID AVOID AVOID these Senior class trip times like the plague! Had all I could handle during Pop Warner time in December.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any time of year that is best to avoid groups? I don't mind them as long as they are respectful.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

WDW has always been most crowded during the summer when schools are out, with the exception of Christmas week (when schools are also out).
    SO, if you want to avoid large groups of kids (of all ages), you won't have much luck if you are visiting during the summer. This is really nothing new, its been like this at WDW for nearly 40 years, since it opened.

As for the question of what were they thinking?
    They were thinking of selling more park tickets and renting more resort rooms, and selling more food and merchandise. Which is exactly what they are doing.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

These groups have always been at the parks. I know that majority of public high schools in my area have had senior trips to WDW throughout the spring for YEARS, and many of the private school students organize their own Senior trips for right after graduation in June. I'm not sure if they are going to create a massive increase in demand for the amount of trips- To me it seems more like a ploy to milk the already existing Senior Trip crowd for all they can. They lure you in with a discounted rate, but then entice you to buy private parties/events.
    Seniors... it's time to celebrate with Disney Senior Class Trip!

Enhancements to your Senior Class Trip

"Early-On" Experience in a Disney park

Choose your park — Animal Kingdom, Epcot®, or Disney's Hollywood Studios®
    With Youth Group ticketed admission, seniors will get to experience a select attraction at park opening as the rest of the Guests are entering the park for the day.
    Depending on park hours, breakfast is 1 hour prior to park opening before the attraction experience or 1 hour at park opening after the attraction experience.
    Attraction selection may vary based on group size and date availability.
    Menu choices are varied.

IllumiNations Dessert Party at Epcot®

Dessert Party with exclusive use of a venue located along the lagoon.
    Venues provide a wonderful view of IllumiNations reserved just for your senior class!
    Basic dessert menu would include: Cookies, Brownies, Ice Cream Novelties. Upgrades available.

Fantasmic Patio Reception at Disney's Hollywood Studios®

Bypass the queue to your reserved patio location.
    Select from varied dinner or dessert party menus.
    Enjoy the Fantasmic extravaganza from a secluded venue.

Signature Events to your Senior Class Trip

Villian Party - "Club Evil"

Private party themed with Disney Villains includes:
    Themed buffet menu with "Villain" beverages
    Lighting, music and décor to enhance the atmosphere
    Lots of unique custom options

Themed Dance Party

Exclusive use of a Private Venue including Event Hosts/Greeters
    Food & Beverage would include an Italian based menu with a cake
    DJ, Club Lighting, & Haze
    Confetti Finale
    Characters may be included

Dinoland Party

Private, after hours event for groups beginning at 200 people at Disney's Animal Kingdom Includes:
    Dinner Buffet for 1.5 hours
    Beverage Service throughout the event
    Theme Park Dance Party
    Attractions: number of attractions based on group size
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    I will AVOID AVOID AVOID these Senior class trip times like the plague! Had all I could handle during Pop Warner time in December.
    Don't know how you're going to avoid them since they can be taken at ANY time of the year!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

When we were at the world the first of May they had just finished the cheerleader competition. There were a lot of them at ASM, they acted like they owned the place. We then saw the busses arriving carrying lots of high school kids ( seniors ). They were very considerate comparied to the cheerleaders but the food court and parks were a zoo.

Looks like late August or early Sept will be my visit times again.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: