Quantcast Discount Disney Tickets anywhere??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Discount Disney Tickets anywhere??

Any ideas on how I don't have to mortgage the house for disney park tickets?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can try the sponsor site http://www.officialticketcenter.com/...?affid=TC21LBC but I don't know of any place where you will save a ton of money. Maybe others will know.

Sponsor site example a 5 day hopper is $304 and a 5 day hopper on Disney site is $310 there is also the added cost of shipping if you want it shipped home ($8 for sponsor, $5 for Disney site or no cost if picking up)
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think Disney understands that people can't refinance their houses for tickets anymore.

As mentioned, the only way to get tickets is to pay for them, and even "discounted" tickets are rarely discounted significantly. And the rarely comes with a caveat. For example, some might argue the DVC discount is a significant discount, yet it comes with a hefty price tag of DVC ownership. You can also join the military, but unless that's already part of your 5 year plan, I'm not sure that would qualify.

There may be some timeshares in the Orlando area still offering free tickets for their badgering sessions, however I'm not sure I would ever suggest anyone go for the "free" tickets.

My advice would be to shop around and see who's cheaper. But make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Get prices either pre-tax or post-tax and use that. You WILL pay tax on them, but some places seem to advertise prices without the tax, and some with. Everyone charges Fl State tax on the tickets (cept maybe the military ones).

Post Thanks / Like

Search google for monthly news letters which give you discount tickets...
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

What DVC discount???
    The only DVC discounted ticket is the annual pass, not the single or multi-day passes.
    Last year I was able to get a discount through AAA, but I don't remember how much of a discount.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

This is what the AAA website says:

Save 10%

At Walt Disney World, AAA Members save up to 10% when you purchase theme park tickets in advance at your local AAA travel agency.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    What DVC discount???
    The only DVC discounted ticket is the annual pass, not the single or multi-day passes.
    Last year I was able to get a discount through AAA, but I don't remember how much of a discount.
    There isn't one on tickets unless something changed? Only Annual Passes. There should be on tickets though, too.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    You can also join the military, but unless that's already part of your 5 year plan, I'm not sure that would qualify.

Everyone charges Fl State tax on the tickets (cept maybe the military ones).
    DoD Civilian employees are also eligible to purchase tickets at your local ITT/MWR office, or at Shades of Green. I purchase my Annual Pass Certificate every year at SoG and pay the face price of the pass; however, there is no tax charged, so there is a savings. You must show a valid CAC or military ID when purchasing tickets/passes at SoG.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    What DVC discount???
    Correct. DVC only gets a discount on the AP, and it's significant at $100 or so. That's around 20-25%, much higher than any other discount available, including the CM discount. For the most part, it's around the 10% mark and varies without a couple bucks depending on who.

Disney admisstion is just plain expensive. It's probably THE most expensive part of our vacations For our family (2 adults and 1 child) we spend over $1200 on tickets. A little over $1000 on food, and a little over $1000 on accomodations. Airfare was about $600 if I recall correctly.

We're spending less than that on our upcoming cruise.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone you know get discounts from their job? Our job has Tickets at Work that has discounted tickets for Disney. To give you an ideal of the discount: a 7day adult park hopper is $301 +tax and with Tickets at Work its $285 + tax
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone you know get discounts from their job? Our job has Tickets at Work that has discounted tickets for Disney. To give you an ideal of the discount: a 7day adult park hopper is $301 +tax and with Tickets at Work its $285 + tax
    My husband works in the media and gets free passes, so does that count as getting them through your job? The only problem is, they check his ID at guest services so he can't get free passes for other people's vacations. But if you know anyone who works in TV or Radio, invite them along on your trip!
    There are some other deals like "kids stay & play free" which gets kids in free.
    I dunno, it's just something you have to save up for as part of your trip. In all honesty, when you compare the costs of WDW to a vacation elsewhere in the world, (to include costs of entertainment, day trips, etc.) it's sort-of comparable I think.
    You could also sacrifice some days at the parks to just hang out at your hotel or explore other areas of WDW so that's another way to save. So you don't necessarily NEED passes for every day you're there (although it sure would be nice).
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Search google for monthly news letters which give you discount tickets...
    We get this newsletter, just bought adult 6day PH for $289 tax/shipping incl.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have found greater value in staying for a longer period of time. With each added day of your stay, the price/day of your park ticket goes down.

Some people split their time between Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World. The cost for these individual tickets is very high on a daily basis.

I am a Disney purist and plan to visit Disney parks exclusively, therefore I get a better deal on extended stay passes.

Perhaps some year I will go to Universal, which also has a sliding scale for multi-day passes...but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Also, I believe Disney is the best. In the Midwest we had a saying: "You get what you pay for." It's true.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

The hospital I work for offers discounts for US/IOA, but not WDW. That said,we were just "aquired" by a large teaching university hospital who DOES offer discounts. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of it, assuming they keep it since the discounts do change year to year.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

yes, the tickets can really add up, especially if you have a larger family! The way we look at it is we buy at least a 7 day ticket, which averages then to about $35/day? Which for going to a Disney park is a pretty good deal, compared to some local parks that charge $30/day.
    For discounts, check for newsletters that you can subscribe to, and they may offer a slight discount (like $10/ticket, but anything helps) and no shipping.
    Ticket prices are the one reason we do either a Disney trip or a Universal trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, the multi-day tickets are seriously front-loaded, in terms of cost. You're better off to buy 10 days than 3, 4, or 5, and those extra days don't cost much more. The best discount we found was through Official Tickets, then we bought 10 days when we were only going for 5, and ponied up for the no expiration option. We used the other five during two quick trips later on. In the end I think we got 10 days of admissions for maybe $25 per day.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We get this newsletter, just bought adult 6day PH for $289 tax/shipping incl.
    Yeah i never shop anywhere else now... i have got tickets from them twice now and my parents once... if it wasn't for a MYW package, i would be buying from them again!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
    My husband has the same benefit of Tickets At Work. I have found when comparing, they have offered the best discount. BUT, beware of the time line and expiration dates of the offers.
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

ah, remember the good old days when tickets never expired. Those were the days
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

GM also has discounted tickets for it's employees, however, they don't have every length of ticket, they do have most of them though. Maybe has something to do with Test Track and prior to the World of Motion sponsorship.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: