Quantcast Deluxe Dining Plan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deluxe Dining Plan

To anyone who has used the deluxe dining plan, what were your opinions and experiences? Was it way too much food? Did you have credits left over at the end of your trip? We're going for my 40th next year (woohoo!) and I've got lots of my favorite restaurants planned. As I'm looking at the list growing, I'm starting to think Deluxe might be the way to go. Especially since it will be during Spring Break, and I'm thinking my family would much prefer sit-downs over counter service to escape the mayhem temporarily. I still have to crunch the numbers, but would appreciate any opinions and advice. Thanks in advance!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the Deluxe Dining Plan for the first time this Aug. We got in on free dining, so we only had to pay the difference to upgrade. It made sense for us since the out of pocket expense to add all the palces we wanted to eat was pretty close. We are doing 2 TS a day, some that require 2, and will use anything left over for Earl Of Sandwich for the ride home.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

We used the deluxe dining plan on our last trip, and loved it. Generally, we would have a late breakfast somewhere, and then dine at a Signature Dining place for dinner, using two credits. We like enjoying a nice sit-down meal, so this worked well for us.

We did have a credit each left at the end, so we bought meals to-go at our last restaurant and took food to the airport to extend our vacation just a little longer...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whatever >>>>>

We have Done both, And we like the CS Plan, there was too much Planning for the TS. We tried the CS this last time , and we really could fit it in " OUR" schedule..good Luck on your Choice, and Have a good time
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's worth it if you tend to eat three meals a day at WDW, and especially if you like Signature restaurants. Too much food? Yes. But we did use all of our credits. Some of the snack credits went to things like bottles of water, though, which is definitely not the best use of snack credits-- but when you have all that food and credits to spare, it becomes an option. Try not to book meals too close together and keep in mind that you will be trading park time for eating time (which is fine for people who have been to WDW more than a few times, usually).

We decided we wouldn't use the Deluxe Plan again- it was too much food for us. We tried to cut down on three meals a day (which just wasn't doable, too much time lost) by booking lots of Signatures and keeping to two meals most days. But that ended up to be night after night of big, rich meals, which was too much when we just wanted to run around and enjoy the parks. It slowed us down quite a bit.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We did the deluxe dining plan a couple of trips ago, and although we ate a lot of neat places that we wouldn't have otherwise tried, it was way too much food, and more importantly (to us), too much time spent eating.

It seemed like all we did was rush from one ADR to the next.

We've settled on the regular DDP, much more our style.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We ALWAYS go with the deluxe plan. Yes it is way too much food, but we goto signature restaurants almost every night. We do either a late breakfast and then dinner, or a lunch and dinner. Never all three. We always have credits left over at the end, but we keep all receipts and always end up on top. It basically comes down to the cost of the plan equals our dinners and all other meals push us over the top. We also like that appetizers are included as well. Our last trip was for 13 days, the first seven of which were during food and wine fest. we had 6 of us and had something like 160 snacks. We literlally ate everything at F&W.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

we are getting the DlxDP this year... Idk, i always base my disney trips around their awesome restuarant experiences. (looks down a gut... no wonder i can never stop following you around!)

I love the flexibility of trying lots of new places (and several old favorites) and not have to worry about the $$'s on the menu at the time of purchase.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love, Love, Love it!

I guess the biggest thing I love about the DDxDP is all i have to worry about is a tip if required. LOVE IT!! We have tried lots of different places and look forward to trying new ones on our trip in Sept.

Yes..It's a lot of food..but no one said you have to clean your plate every meal.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have had Deluxe the last two years 2009 and 2010. We are only doing regular dinning this coming Nov. Want to have more time. Seems like everytime we turned around we havd an ADR to get to. We still plan two signatures that we will just pay out of pocket for. We will see how we feel after our trip. The one thing we do know is you spend more on tips with getting an app. ent. and dessert for each person. Since you still tip on what the bill would have been. There are seven women going this year so we will probably order a few apps. and just pay out of pocket for them. Part of our experiance is the food and we do enjoy our meals.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: