Quantcast To those of you who have stayed at a WDW Villa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default To those of you who have stayed at a WDW Villa

For our upcoming trip we are wanting to stay in one of the villas, we plan on cooking several meals to save $$. I can't decide which one to pick!!!!! So.......
    Which villa would you pick and why?
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Saratoga Springs and the Wilderness Lodge Villas. I love them both. If given the opportunity, I'm not sure which one I would stay at again, it would be a difficult choice because they are both great. I think I would choose Saratoga if going during the Spring or Summer, and Wilderness if going during the Fall or Winter.
    However, if money is an issue (And for me, it always is!) I would choose Saratoga because the prices are a bit cheaper there. I love taking a boat ride to Downtown Disney, and I fill the kitchen with snacks and enjoy breakfast at the table. The pools are great, if you're into that kind of thing.
    If money isn't an issue, you may enjoy the Wilderness Lodge because it's only a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom.
    Heck, if money isn't an issue, splurge on the Boardwalk Villas or the Beach Club Villas! That's where I've always wanted to stay
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, the Wilderness Lodge Villas, and Bay Lake Tower. Out of these, my favorite would have to be the Boardwalk Villas. To me they have everything; I love the Boardwalk theme, the walking distance to Epcot, a great pool, and the nighttime entertainment.

The WL villas were really nice too. The resort was amazing but I wasn't a fan of it not being on the monorail, especially because it's a MK resort. I liked that the 2-bedroom villas were dedicated 2-bedrooms, not a 1-bedroom plus a studio like at the Boardwalk. I don't like these as much as the BWV just because they seem a little more isolated; for example, the villas are not attached to the rest of the resort and or the main lobby; I always thought it was kind of a trek to get to the snack bar or main lobby shops.

I really liked BLT. The rooms are beautiful, the pool is great, and it's on the monorail (which is a big plus for me). I feel like the Contemporary has a lot to offer as a resort; I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely go back.

So if I had to pick one, I would probably go with the Boardwalk. It was the first villas resort I stayed in so it has a soft spot with me. I like what it has to offer. When picking one it really depends on what you're looking for in a Disney resort, but I would choose either the BW or BLT.
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

AKL or Beach Club. Used to own at Boardwalk, and it was nice, but once we stayed at BC there was no going back.

WL is ho hum.. I'd go back to the luau before I went back to SSR. BLT doesn't appeal to me either.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in 2BR Villas at BWV, BLT, BCV and SSR. Still want to stay at VWL (we have stayed in regular rooms there), AKL and OKW just so we can say we've tried them all.

Of the ones we have tried, I think BLT is my favorite. We just stayed there 2 weeks ago, and I love so many things about it. I love seeing the Magic Kingdom every day, being so close to the Monorail, the fact that you don't have to walk down multiple hallways to get to your room (as was our experience both times at BWV, even with "preferred" rooms) and the fact that it seems more spacious than any other villa we've stayed in. The pool is just a short elevator ride away instead of a trek down hallways and through lobbies. I love the contemporary, modern feel of BLT as well. The bench seat in the master shower comes in handy when you're tired, and the kitchen feels more open, IMO.

I love SSR, but only if we get to stay in the Springs. I've only done a studio and a Grand Villa there, but both were very nice.

BCV has the best pool, but its counter service options are limited, and the pool (to me) is a bit of a walk from the villa rooms. There are great table service options, and the room themes are great. Not a long walk to/from the buses, either.

BWV has a great slide, but as mentioned before, you could end up with a long walk down multiple hallways. If/when we ever stay at BWV again, I will definitely cough up more points for the Boardwalk view just so I can be nearer to the elevators. I hate that long walk down the halls after a long day of being in the parks! Great table service at BWV, too, but the counter service options are severely lacking. LOVE the theme and the atmosphere, though.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I stayed at Sart.springs loved it and the kitchen..
    It was an upgrde but if I was planning on going back I would!!! the kithen is good set up and the rooms are too.
    we loved the pool near our building it was the quiet one... plus you are a boat ride away from DTD...
    Good luck on your choice you haev a hard one!!
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've stayed in villas at Old Key West, Saratoga, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Bay Lake Tower, and Wilderness Lodge. I'm about to stay at a villa in Kidani (AKL) on Friday night.

Of those, Bay Lake was my defintely my favorite. The 1BR has two full bathrooms (which is huge) and you just can't beat the location. It's like a 5 minute walk to Magic Kingdom.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the side of the room. Smaller id go with beach club for the pool....and i wouldnt say they have limited food options AT ALL!!! I love beaches and cream, boardwalk bakery, cape may cafe, and you are right next to le cellier and rose and crown. you cannot beat that!! If you are dvc and staying there, then you are super close to swimming down the clown slide, whoooopeee! If not, then that was a moot point.
    If you are getting a bigger room, AKL villas for the beautimous bathroom!!! The master bath is amazing! They also have a great pool and you have boma there and the savannah! Those would be my first two choices.
    Bay lake is pretty amazing for fireworks and location but this is the place I would say has limited food options. I am not too terribly impressed with anything to eat at the contemporary other than CA grill and that is a special occasions place, due to price and their pool is just so so, compared to beach club.
    Bottom line, Beach club is my favorite.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Smaller id go with beach club for the pool....and i wouldnt say they have limited food options AT ALL!!!
    I meant Counter Service options. The only thing they have is Hurricane Hanna's. True that Epcot has CS options, but you have to use a ticket to get into the park. That's fine unless you don't have a Park Hopper.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I say go Beach Club! To us, there is no greater location than the Epcot Area Resorts (it's really amazing! Literally the whole 'world' is right at your fingure tips)
    Plus Storm-Along-Bay is NOT to be missed in our opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    The only thing they have is Hurricane Hanna's.
    The Market Place is RIGHT next to the villa buiding & has some really great quick service along with groceries & such (they have a really yummy pizza served at the market place) the only downfall to the market place is there's not much of a sitting area, but there's many public rooms right there, plus like I said only a few steps from the villa building so you can always bring it back to your room.
    Plus if you do'nt mind a short walk you also have the whole boardwalk at your disposal (then there's access to the Boardwalk Bakery, Leapin' Libations, the pizza window among others)

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

WLV they were nice, good locale, good transportation options. We had a 2 BR it was large, we needed the dishwasher since my dd was 8 months for baby stuff...worked great for us.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Barbie View Post
    The Market Place is RIGHT next to the villa buiding & has some really great quick service along with groceries & such
    I always forget about the Market Place because it doesn't have tables. The few times I've been in there it's been overly crowded, too!.

Plus if you do'nt mind a short walk you also have the whole boardwalk at your disposal (then there's access to the Boardwalk Bakery, Leapin' Libations, the pizza window among others)
    We tried to use our CS credits at the pizza window in September and were told the DP wasn't accepted. I don't know if that's changed, but if the OP wants to use the DP, that would be helpful to know.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I'dtake OKW. Largest kitchen and you get a real table to sit at.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: