Quantcast Reservation Prices changing daily..

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservation Prices changing daily..

Hello all, I am a frequent reader of intercot, first time poster. Usually I am able to find an answer to most of my questions from others posts but not this time.

Anyways, I have been checking Disney.com reservations for about a month since we decided to take my daughter on a surprise trip in October for her 5th birthday. And we are going for 7 nights 8 days with Park Hopper and Staying at Pop Century with QS Dining Plan. The thing is I want to book our trip soon but it seems everytime I check the prices they go up or down by about $100-$125 every time I check. So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on when would be the cheapest time to book or anything like that, I don't want to book then find out later I could have saved $100. Thanks in advance for anyones help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest booking through Magical Journeys. Book now and if a better price comes along they'll get it for you.
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Does Magical Journeys allow you to get the DDP and Magical Express Shuttle, I was under the impression that you could only get DDP through disney. Also do they package flight in as well? I was under the impression that if you package everything together it was at a discount

Post Thanks / Like

That's really wierd. Disney doesn't change prices daily like airlines do. Maybe your input varied slightly, ie, different dates, ages or rooms. In any case, people here swear by Magical Journeys. They quote the best prices available, and if you get a pin code or some other discount comes along, they can apply it to your existing reservation. They also take care of your flight info, so you can use Magical Express. DDP too. Just like any full service travel agent, only better, since they specialize in Disney related vacations.
    Sure, you could do this on your own. But even a veteran Disney vacationer doesn't always have access to the discounts available to a knowledgeable travel agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    They also take care of your flight info, so you can use Magical Express. DDP too.
    to intercot!!

MJ does not book flights, but they do everything else, include DME. And, yes, they are awesome. Wendy's been booking my trips for 7 years now. Wouldn't do it any other way. There is generally not a discount for booking your flight in with the rest of the package. The best way to do flights is get on the individual airline websites that fly out of your local airport and compare prices. Everything else do through MJ!

You especially want to go ahead and book soon so that you can take advantage of the 180+10 day ADR window.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Magical Journeys...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all of your help. But i forgot one other part of my reasoning behind booking with disney.com. They allow you to pay for some now and not the rest until 45 days before your trip, which I need to allow me to save for the rest of the trip. Does Magical Journeys allow you to do this?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do. They require a down payment at the time of booking. The balance must be paid 45 days prior to arrival.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

The other nice thing about MJ - they don't cost you anything to use. They receive their commission from Disney. Then you're dealing with the same person every time you have a question and even over multiple trips. With Wendy being the only person I've used to book a Disney trip over the last 7 years we pretty much count her as family.

Dealing with MJ you lose absolutely nothing. There is nothing that can be done through Disney's website that MJ can't do for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for MJ. I am typically a type A person who has to be in control of every aspect of planning. The first time I used MJ I was skeptical......but not anymore. As soon as a new discount comes out it is applied and you receive an email to let you know how much you saved. For our upcoming trip we started out with one discount, then switched to a better deal and finally ended up with a PIN code. Debbie has been very good and quick to price out different options and discounts. I can't imagine ever NOT using them now.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine a single con to using MJ - it's all pros.

I always booked myself until I learned about MJ from Intercot. After having Wendy book our last trip, I will never, ever book without her/them.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Working with Magical Journeys is an excellent option! Their folks are knowledgeable, patient, and well versed on all things Disney. I've had them price different resorts for me and then completely changed my mind - no problem! Also, if a discount comes along for which you qualify, they will automatically update your reservation with the discount.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys is WONDERFUL. They are authorized Disney travel agents ... so they can do anything that Disney offers.

If a better deal comes along, your agent will automatically apply the discount to your reservation ... and you get an e-mail! I was the happy recipient of one of those e-mails last month

I have used Denise for our past two trips and have also recommended her to family and friends.

Doesn't cost you a thing, and they could not be more helpful or accomodating!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for MJ! It is so easy and we have worked with Melissa for several years now. I always feel I am getting the best deal. Let them take care of you!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely use MJ. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Disney's flight booking is rarely the cheapest option. You do not get any sort of discount by booking a package deal. Using MJ is just like booking through Disney, but with MUCH less hassle/worry on your part. They can do it all! And, yes, you will be able to book the dining plan and the DME buses.

What I think might be happening for you is that when you go to the price quote page, it might give you a "Preferred Room" sometimes, and a "Standard Room" other times. Also, they might be changing up the ticket types. The Disney site does not tend to default on the cheapest room type, unless that is all that is available. The difference in price between a Standard and Preferrred room at the values would account for the difference you are seeing. Check the "room type" carefully, as well as the number of days on the park pass, and the options chosen

Disney's policy when booking packages is that a $200 deposit is due upon booking, and the remainder is due in full 45 days prior to the trip. Magical Journeys follows Disney's requirements on this.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for MJ. They are the greatest. Wendy has handled every trip for us for the last 8 years. We always know we are getting the best personal service and price there is. One year she even got us an additional discount just two weeks before our trip. She is more family than travel agent.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Definitely use MJ. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

What I think might be happening for you is that when you go to the price quote page, it might give you a "Preferred Room" sometimes, and a "Standard Room" other times. Also, they might be changing up the ticket types. The Disney site does not tend to default on the cheapest room type, unless that is all that is available. The difference in price between a Standard and Preferrred room at the values would account for the difference you are seeing. Check the "room type" carefully, as well as the number of days on the park pass, and the options chosen
    I was going to say the exact same thing.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy at Magical Journeys has been doing our reservations for a long time now. I would NEVER go back to doing a WDW vacation without MJ & Kathy

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

So after further investigation I have noticed that the price is always the same until I goto book the Flight. So it must be the flight that is changing the price so dramatically. Today when i checked the flight for 3 people increased by $250 from yesterday. So I will ask this, is there a certain day of the week that would be better to book the flight? I think I will use everyones suggestions and use Magical Journeys, thanks for the suggestion!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: