Quantcast Hot Air Ballon at DTD

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Air Ballon at DTD

Good afternoon!

I'm interested in any info regarding the Hot Air Balloon at DTD...pricing, reservations, how many people at a time, age limits, etc.

I heard somewhere if you take a ride during the day you can come back for a discounted price at night to see the fireworks...is this true?

Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's $18 for guests 10 and up (tax included), $12 (tax included) for guests ages 3 - 9, and free for 2 and under.

It can hold up to 29 guests at a time, though they will vary the number of people allowed based on weather conditions (i.e. a really windy day will be far fewer people at one time). No reservations that I know of. It's only a 6 min flight, though, and they go 9 am to midnight on a normal day so it's not hard to get on.

I also haven't heard the thing about going during the day and coming back at night. Not saying that's not true, just never heard that. However, I would seriously doubt that to be the case or the lines would be insane in the evening with everyone coming back from the day.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could add info but on our last visit we tried 3 times, 3 different days and each time it wasn't running because of wind. Never felt winding on the ground but must have been at the balloons height. The guy working at it said this can be a problem a lot of the time.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I have also heard that you can come back for a discounted ride later in the day. I think it might have been 10% or 20% discount? Not sure where I heard it though.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Neither the WDW website nor the site of the company that runs it mentions anything about a "come back at night" discount.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Neither the WDW website nor the site of the company that runs it mentions anything about a "come back at night" discount.
    I don't think it's a "come back at night" discount
    The engineer on board does mention to hold on to the receipt for a discount for a future ride when you are on the journey back down from the 400 feet in the air.

I have in the past saved my reciept and used it for another ride in the evening. I saved a couple of $$ but it was not a substantial discount
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Air Ballon at DTD

Thanks for the tip about maybe being able to return and receive a discount. I'll try this and see how (if) it works.

Post Thanks / Like

What is this like? Would it be worth 4 adult and 3 kids tickets...comes to over $100.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: