Quantcast Discovery Cove Info Needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discovery Cove Info Needed

Has anyone gone to Discovery Cove and can you give me some info and reviews? My daughter's "16th" birthday is this spring and we were thinking of going there and letting her participate in the Dolphin Experience .

Is there alot to do there for the rest of the family for the day?

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you see this - sorry I didn't notice it earlier! We loved, loved, LOVED Discovery Cove. Our 16 year old did the "trainer for the day" program and it was amazing. Hubby and I and the 11 year old did not, but we had a wonderful day, too. Snorkeling in the tropical fish reef area was my personal fave (other than the dolphin swim, of course, which was wonderful but brief. The program my daughter was in got to spend quite a bit more time with the dolphins). We also enjoyed feeding the sting rays (and touching them) and splashing around in the lazy river area. It has a real luxury feel to it because once you walk in EVERYTHING is free - all your food and snacks throughout the day, dry towels every time you turn around, etc. We went in December and it was quite chilly, which means we didn't spend much time lounging on the "beach" in the chairs, but they give you wet suits you can wear in the water (you HAVE to wear them with the dolphins, but they are optional elsewhere). Lots of "photopass" photos all around the place, so you can choose to purchase a CD with LOT of pictures on it - and don't forget to take your own disposable water proof cameras to get some unique shots under water. It was an amazing experience, and the rest of my family wants to go back, but it's pricey enough for me to be happy to do it once.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be going to Discovery cove in a couple of weeks. It's my first time. We are planning to swim with the dolphins...one of the things on my bucket list. Will let you know how it was when we get back....

Post Thanks / Like

mom2morgan: Thanks for sharing your day and the information....

RobbieB: Looking forward to your report. Have a great time.

We are still trying to decide on our trip plans, so this is going to be helpful.

BWV & HH

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: