Quantcast Favorite places to relax in the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite places to relax in the parks?

I'm planning our December trip with my mom and I. We won't be traveling with kids, but spending a full day in the parks can be exhausting. Since our next trip will only be 4 days (plus arrival and departure days) we don't have much time to build in a "free" day.

Also, looking at my tentative late-lunch ADRs and plans with night shows, it may be very difficult for us to escape the parks for a few hours to go back to the resort without feeling the time crunch to rush back.

All that said, where do you like to relax without leaving the parks? I'm hoping having a TS meal at lunch rather than dinner may provide that "rest" time without having to wait until 7pm. We love the TTA at MK and welcome other ideas.

ETA: I just noticed a similar thread, but some of those answers are for the resorts as well. I hope just asking for places in the parks won't create too much overlap.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The rocking chairs on Aunt Polly's porch on Tom Sawyer Island are a good place to take a load off your tired aching feet. You can watch the Liberty Belle as she cruises the river and hear the hound howling at the Haunted Mansion.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

While in Epcot why not go into the garden area behind the UK buildings. There are a few benches and for the most part it is a very quiet secluded area, that is until the British Invasion come out then you could just enjoy the music.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We like to ride the WEDway to take a nice break! (TTA now)
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilcat View Post
    While in Epcot why not go into the garden area behind the UK buildings. There are a few benches and for the most part it is a very quiet secluded area, that is until the British Invasion come out then you could just enjoy the music.
    This is exactly where I would suggest. On our last trip, we grabbed dinner and ate there. We had the entire garden to ourselves while everyone else was watching Illuminations... it was so nice!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Need a rest?

MK - TTA as you already mentioned, the seating around El Pirata Y El Perico (sorry if I didn't spell it right), CoP, Pinnochio's Village Haus

Epcot - Ellen's Energy Adventure, the seating outside of Fountainview Espresso & Bakery, the seating at the shop that's between China and Germany (can't think of the name of it).

DHS - Backlot Express, the seating around Rosie's and Toluca Turkey Legs, also at the Starring Rolls Bakery.

AK - The seating down by the lake from the BBQ restaurant, any of the benches along Maharaja Jungle Trek, seating at Pizzafari
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

In the MK, go to the Car Barn. It is to the left as you enter the front gate just past Guest Servies.

The Car Barn is a stable where they house the Clydelsdales that pull the trolly down Main Street.

There is a checker board there will a couple of seats. And the person who tends to the horses are more than happy to engage you in conversation.

Post Thanks / Like

The Writer's Stop in DHS is my favorite place to relax. Good coffee drinks, baked goods to snack on, bistro style tables, and a couch and tv with a movie on for the kids.
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to resort to individual rides to take a break. Momto3littlemice mentioned the Wedway People-Mover (which has a new name, but my middle-aged brain refuses to learn it) in FutureWorld, which is an excellent suggestion. I would also suggest the ride in the Mexican Pavilion at EPCOT and The Great Movie Ride in Disney Hollywood Studios.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

The great thing about using long attractions as a rest is that most of them are indoors and air conditioned. Ellen's Energy Adventure, Living with the Land, The Hall of Presidents, The American Adventure are all great ways to take a load off. In Epcot, we also like to get some ice cream, sit at the Electric Umbrella and watch the fountain.

Also, if you can find a place to sit and watch any of the street performers, that's a great way to relax. At Animal Kingdom, there are usually benches around where the Village Beatniks perform, and if you can snag a seat you can relax and have a fun show at the same time.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my top picks for each park

Magic Kingdom- The Benches in the Rose Garden in front of the castle on the Tomorrow land side.

Animal Kingdom- Any of the benches nestled in and around the base of the tree of life

Hollywood Studios- The court yard area in front of the Muppet's 3D Movie theater.

Epcot- The benches in front of the France Pavilion, down by the water in between the cart that sells Champagne and the cart that sells crepes

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes relax by moving around. At the MK, I often just take a ride on the railroad...or even exit the park, and to a few turns on the Monorail...Or at EPCOT, take the Friendships back and forth.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above mentioned are wonderful choices, but to add one more to that, you could always grab yourself a Dole Whip in Adventureland and have a seat under the trees across from there. People watching and enjoying a Dole Whip - doesn't get much better than that!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

In epcot we go to the fountainview ice-cream parlor. There are plenty of tables to sit and relax while eating some cookies and creme ice-cream plus watching the fountains dance!

TTA in magic kingdom is also a great place to relax.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sometimes I take "unintended" rests at attractions. A couple of years ago, we were in the 'American Adventure' , which I love, but apparently I fell asleep. DD woke me up citing my very loud snoring as a problem in the attraction.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

deeper into most of the countries are seating areas so it would be peaceful to pick your favorite. i would suggest grabbing an ice cream cone and sitting at one of the tables around casies and on the other side of mainstreet. its prime people watching!
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

Post Thanks / Like

I have one more for EPCOT - Spaceship Earth, it's cool and dark. A great place to relax.
    May & Oct 2015
    Dec 2014 Oct 2013
    Oct 2012 Dec 2011 Oct 2010
    Apr & Nov 2009
    May & Oct 2008
    Oct 2007 Oct 2006 Oct 2005
    Mar & Oct 2004
    Oct 2003
    Feb & Oct 2002
    Sep 2000 Dec 1999 Oct 1998 Sep 1997

Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT fountains. If it is windy you might watch the unsuspecting jump when startled by the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceship Earth, the American Adventure, and watching the Fountain of Nations are some ways we like to relax in Epcot. If you're watching the Fountain of Nations, you can grab some coffee or ice cream nearby.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I will set ourselves on just about any bench NOT near a restroom (those benches get busy and loud) and just people watch. We find great enjoyment out of checking out folks from every walk of life at Disney World. We're happy to grab a drink and just watch the world go by.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: