Quantcast Fantasyland Skyway Finally Coming Down

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasyland Skyway Finally Coming Down

Message updated by Figment! on 03-21-2011 at 11:06 PM:

The public documents for this project can be found linked below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message originally posted by GothMickey on 03-07-2011 at 04:01 PM:

Plans have been leaked online. The permits have been filed. The Fantasyland Skyway will be torn down. Restrooms will be built in the area. Along with the new restrooms, Peter Pan's queue will be extended and made interactive, as part of the Next Gen project. The queue will swallow up the bathrooms next to Pan and Columbia Harbour House. Also, Yankee Trader will survive the redo of the area, new paths to Liberty Square will be constructed, which will eleviate crowd flow problems. The blue prints so what appears to be a waterfall in the area. I am assuming the hill currently there will be built up, with more trees being added, to block the HM and Small World warehouse show buildings.

I think, personally, this will really help with some of the congestion in the area. The transition from Fantasyland to Liberty Square does not appear to be affected at all. The area should transition nicely.

Discuss.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of the waterfall and Peter Pan could use a better queue given the 45+ minute wait (not that I would ever wait that long, we always use fastpass).
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I'm clueless. What is the skyway and where is it located (in refernce to what exists now)?

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

It is the area for stroller parking in Fantasyland near Liberty Square. It used to be one end of the Skyway between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I like the new ideas! Although I am not a big fan of the new queues. I think they will cause trouble between guests who want to "play" in line and those who just want to ride the ride. The Pooh one is fun but I find it annoying.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I'm clueless. What is the skyway and where is it located (in refernce to what exists now)?
    The remaining skyway station is located to the left of It's A Small World (if you are looking at it from Peter Pan). It's actually a cool looking building. Too bad they couldn't incorporate it into some of these plans, but I get it.

If this is accurate, sounds like some nice improvements. But again with the interactive queues......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

But again with the interactive queues......
    I'm thinking this too. What's the obsession over interactive queues over at WDW all of a sudden? They haven't incorporated this idea at all over at Disneyland...

You know what the kids would REALLY like? Hand every one of them an ipod touch when they get in line preloaded with Disney apps, movies, and games. THAT would be the sort of interactive queue my kids would be in favor of.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

There are other sites where people posted pictures of their own photoshop renderings based on the blue prints... If the final product looks anything like the doctored pictures, this will be fantastic!!! Much needed... However, I rather Peter Pan get the northern portion of Storybook Circus Land... Make Never Land back there.... Build the Skull Mountain and create a state of the art, brand new Peter Pan attraction... Tink can get Pixie Hollow.. She can do her Meet and Greets there.. Pan and Wendy can do Meet and Greets there as well... I think this would have been a better use of the land than keeping those darn circus tents... AGH!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The remaining skyway station is located to the left of It's A Small World (if you are looking at it from Peter Pan). It's actually a cool looking building. Too bad they couldn't incorporate it into some of these plans, but I get it.

If this is accurate, sounds like some nice improvements. But again with the interactive queues......
    The area is also used as stroller parking.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I can admit it, I am a bit sad about it. There is something about seeing the old Skyway station that takes me back to being a kid at WDW in the 70's and 80's. I always loved the skybuckets. I would still be riding them if they were open. I last got to ride them in February 1999. It was the first time I went to WDW with my now wife. Great memory.

I understand the need for improvement and moving forward, but nostalgia gets the better of me sometimes.

On another note, I do have several of the pins with pieces of the buckets for memories sake. I guess I am just sappy!
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

It is such a pretty little area. I will be sad to see it go too. I just hope they find somewhere to park all those strollers now! LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: