Quantcast Polynesian?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Polynesian?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polynesian?

We will be staying at the Poly for the 1st time. Not sure if I should request a certain building so I thought I would ask you guys. Any advice would be helpful. It will be myself, DH, DD 12, DS 10, DS 7. We are doing a graden view room. Looking at the map Samoa looks good. Also do all the rooms have balconies? Thanks for your help!
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all not all rooms have balconies. We had a room in Samoa on the second floor, no real balcony. We did have a sliding door and a railing, but no standing room on the balcony. While I would have perfered a balcony it really didn't bother us much not to have one.

Samoa was a wonderful location for us. As a matter of fact if we stayed at the Poly again and didn't get Samoa, I think I'd be very disappointed. We felt like that was "our" location and we "attached" to it very much! It is right in the middle of both pools, a very quick walk to the GCH, not a bad walk to the marina or the TTC, and you could see the beach from many of the rooms. Perfect location, right in the middle of it all. The down side is that if you get a ground room floor, particularly on the volcano pool side, I could see some issues with privacy. When walking by the pool you often see people in their rooms. Not something everyone would want to deal with. We didn't notice any noise, we were on the second floor facing the quiet pool, but I imagine it could get a bit noisy during a busy season with all the traffic and people using the pool. So if you like to feel "away from it all" when at your resort, and want to have a balcony, then you might want to look at other locations.

Your going to love it! We waited many years to be able to stay at the Poly and we really enjoyed our time there. WL is still our favorite resort overall, but the Poly is a close second. I can definitely see us there again, but in the summer months. We were there the week after Thanksgiving and it was a bit cold for the pool. I think our family would enjoy it so much more in the summer!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest rooms are located in Tahiti, Tokelau and Rap Nui. They are all 476 sq ft as opposed to 415 sq ft. Also, all rooms in these buildings have balconies or patios.

Tokelau is my favorite. It's the most centrally located building to the GCH, TTC, pool, beach.
    Offsite - 2x
    AS Sports
    AS Music
    AS Movies - 9x
    Pop Century - 3x
    Caribbean Beach Resort
    Riverside
    Old Key West
    Wilderness Lodge - 7x
    Polynesian - 4x
    Grand Floridian - 2x
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Boardwalk
    Wilderness Lodge - January 2014
    Boardwalk - July 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wmdaddy View Post
    The biggest rooms are located in Tahiti, Tokelau and Rap Nui. They are all 476 sq ft as opposed to 415 sq ft. Also, all rooms in these buildings have balconies or patios.

Tokelau is my favorite. It's the most centrally located building to the GCH, TTC, pool, beach.
    We LOVE Tokelau!
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Another vote for the Tokelau Longhouse, amongst it's many features:
    >Centrally located, both pools, the GCH and the TTC are easily accessable.
    > As stated by wmdaddy, some of the largest standard rooms on property.
    >Both the 2nd and 3rd floors have full balconies, while the 1st floor has a small patio area.
    Have a great stay at the POLY, just be warned, you may never want to stay anywhere else on property.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I didn't know that Samoa didn't have balconies. I do want a balcony. Is Samoa the only longhouse without balconies?
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle1217 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I didn't know that Samoa didn't have balconies. I do want a balcony. Is Samoa the only longhouse without balconies?
    Samoa does have balconies on the 3rd floor, and patio areas on the 1st floor. Its only the 2nd floor that doesn't have the full balcony. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe there are a few other buildings set up this way (with no 2nd floor balconies).
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

My very favorite resort. We prefer Samoa because it is so centrally located. I think I would like to try Tokelau next trip.
    I believe the longhouses that do not have second floor balconies are, Fiji, Hawaii, Niue, Rarotonga, Samoa, and Tuvalu.
    Hope this helps some.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from there on marathon weekend. We stayed in the Tahiti Longhouse and were very pleased. It was close to walk to the TTC than to the GCH to catch the monorail. Yet, the GCH didnt seem that far away.

It was seculded from the noise of the pools and the rooms had full size balconies. I had an issue with not enough hot water, but other than that the rooms were fine. They were large, had coffee makers and a fridge, and I never heard our "neighbors."

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of great replies, we stayed in Nuie about 4 yrs ago and really enjoyed the location to the GCH; family of 4 w/ 2 active boys, stayed on 1st floor and patio was nice as hedges provided privacy. As always, everyone's tastes a bit different but we are returning "home" in Aug '11 and requesting Nuie again
    3/89 GF; 9/00 DLR; 10/02 AS Sports; 12/03 WL,DCL; 11/04 WL,DCL; 5/05 DLR; 1/06 WL; 9/06 Cntmpry; Nov-Dec 06 DCL,CBR,Poly; 10/07 DCL,POFQ; 1/08 POFQ (girls only) ;) ; 5/09 POFQ; 5/10 AKL; 8/11 POFQ; Next=???

"Today we are the shapers of the world tomorrow." - WED

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest as a second choice, Samoa. They are end to end of each other and since Nuie is the smallest of all the longhouses it may be harder to get.
    We have always preferred Samoa because of it's location.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL