Quantcast BTMRR down next year?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BTMRR down next year?

Forgive me if this was mentioned anywhere else but just in case it wasnt. This January (we just got back on the 29th) we stopped over at Splash Mountain where we were watching the Boats drop and there was a CM standing around the "Sorry folks rides closed" sign (I always think of the Griswalds when I see that sign). Well I told the CM about how I have never been able to ride Splash due to it being closed every January. And he told us that next year they are closing down BTMRR for a couple of months for a major refurb so more than likely Splash Mountain will be left open for the first time in January. He explained that they couldn't shut down BOTH of MK major attraction rides at the same time. I tried to get more information on whether they were changing the ride at all. But he said it was mostly repairs, i.e. spruce things up that are starting to get run down, fix things that are falling apart (which scared me a little, not going to lie lol). But thought I would pass on the rumor for now.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BTMRR done next year?

After the holiday crowds there is a bit of a lull in January so this makes sense. Yeah they would not be likely to close both at the same time. We often visit in January but instead will be doing a big December trip this year. BTM is one of my favorites so hopefully they'll wait for January if they will be doing a refurb.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized my post says "Done" when I meant to say "Down" woke up from a nap before reading up on todays posts and my brain isnt completely functional yet! lol!!! (Runs for a big cup of coffee).

Minnie, the CM told us they would be taking it down in start of January so hopefully that is accurate and you get to ride it before it goes down! We too are planning a big December trip!! Sea/Land trip in December!! That same CM made me a little disappointed because he said that if Splash Mountain needs a refurb that it might be in december as to not take it down at the same time as BTMRR but he said he wasnt sure if they would take it down at all next year so hopefully they dont!! I will be completely disappointed if we change our usually vacation month and still dont get to ride it! lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Default BTMRR done next year?

How cool...sea/land trip sounds amazing! I've never done the sea part so will look forward to hearing about your trip.

If we really luck out we will have access to both Splash and BTM!! Woo-hoo - let's keep our fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

lets hope if they have this long refurb next year that they do something about that queue. Hopefully they can get rid of that cattle feel that it has.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    How cool...sea/land trip sounds amazing! I've never done the sea part so will look forward to hearing about your trip.

If we really luck out we will have access to both Splash and BTM!! Woo-hoo - let's keep our fingers crossed!
    Im very excited about that trip! Never been on a cruise before nevermind a disney cruise! And to top it off with a land trip at the world ahhh

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed, would love to be able to know what its like to finally ride Splash!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I would be on too if I had the trip planned you have planned! I didn't realize you haven't been on Splash yet. The drop at the end is so fast it is over before you realize what happened. Really a must do.

If you haven't been during the holiday season you are in for another bit of magic. WDW is a real spectacle during this season. I'm so excited to be visiting in December!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    lets hope if they have this long refurb next year that they do something about that queue. Hopefully they can get rid of that cattle feel that it has.
    Sounds like you have had some bad experiences while waiting in line. My only real cattle like experience was on a New Year's night. The park was packed and it was very hot! Usually I am fine with the queue but I also hit this ride early in the morning before the wait time gets too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    I would be on too if I had the trip planned you have planned! I didn't realize you haven't been on Splash yet. The drop at the end is so fast it is over before you realize what happened. Really a must do.

If you haven't been during the holiday season you are in for another bit of magic. WDW is a real spectacle during this season. I'm so excited to be visiting in December!
    Yes december!! Ahh I cant wait for that too!!! We have been the first week of January when they still have most of the christmas stuff up but Im sure its not that same as being there in December for everything!! Im so excited!! We are putting together a budget list of all the must-do's we have to do that will only happen during December. I.e. MVMCP, Candlelight processional, etc. So excited!! R u going in December of 12 or December of 11?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16