Quantcast TIW Survey = uh-oh!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default TIW Survey = uh-oh!

So I just complete the TIW survey they sent. It looks like there can be some changes coming down the road. Questions included rating card as it stands now, what's most important, what can be eliminated, you get the drift. I guess those of us that currently have the card should enjoy for now.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the TIW card but did not get a survey. Hopefully any changes will be for the better.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

A survey does not mean changes are coming. Like any good company, Disney is constantly evaluating what they do. Walt's most often repeated phrase was, "How can we do this better?" So, questions on a survey are just looking for guest satisfaction and ways of improvement. It does not always mean changes are imminent and any changes that do come are, hopefully, for the better.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to do one of those surveys, and my main complaint would be the charge for a lost card. I think that is absolutely ridiculous! If the CM takes the necessary steps to verify the cardholder's ID, there wouldn't be any abuse. I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card.
    It's the reason I live in fear of losing mine - especially when a server walks off with it!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    It's the reason I live in fear of losing mine - especially when a server walks off with it!
    I know! I spend waaaaaaaaaay too much time worrying about that card. It's crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    A survey does not mean changes are coming. Like any good company, Disney is constantly evaluating what they do. Walt's most often repeated phrase was, "How can we do this better?" So, questions on a survey are just looking for guest satisfaction and ways of improvement. It does not always mean changes are imminent and any changes that do come are, hopefully, for the better.
    While I would normally tend to agree with you, this was geared more towards what would you miss the least and value of the card. The focus was on: 20% food, 20% alcohol, comp resort parking, comp park parking, and spec events. I hope you're right!
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'd love to do one of those surveys, and my main complaint would be the charge for a lost card. I think that is absolutely ridiculous! If the CM takes the necessary steps to verify the cardholder's ID, there wouldn't be any abuse. I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card.
    I know why because I actually witnessed a woman returning one at guest services. They are charging because they are assuming the card is not lost but "misplaced". She had gone in the morning and said hers was lost and got a replacement. While I was there she was returning it because her DD & SIL had it all along. It was apparent she had given hers to them for their use.

I know when we eat, my DH pays the bill (I am the TIW card holder) and not once has a server even asked us about it. Perhaps, if they would ask for ID at that point there would be no need for replacement charge.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    While I would normally tend to agree with you, this was geared more towards what would you miss the least and value of the card. The focus was on: 20% food, 20% alcohol, comp resort parking, comp park parking, and spec events. I hope you're right!
    If it makes you feel any better, they also recently did a survey about World Showcase asking which country you would miss most if it were gone, which you would miss least, what you would like to see added, etc. I know for a fact that there are no immediate plans to do anything with WS. There are plans, dreams, etc, but nothing they will put into motion any time soon. So, I think all of these surveys are just examining how people think about different things.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is, Disney has made it a habit lately of removing value instead of plussing things.

And many of the recent changes point to guest feedback prompte dthe change(s). For example, the recent DVC changes to limit resale points to DVC properties only. Removal of Character Dining from Liberty Tree Tavern, etc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Disney is looking at scaling back the program.

We save significantly over OOP and DDP costs by using the TiW card. The bean counters see that as lost revenue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I know why because I actually witnessed a woman returning one at guest services. They are charging because they are assuming the card is not lost but "misplaced". She had gone in the morning and said hers was lost and got a replacement. While I was there she was returning it because her DD & SIL had it all along. It was apparent she had given hers to them for their use.

I know when we eat, my DH pays the bill (I am the TIW card holder) and not once has a server even asked us about it. Perhaps, if they would ask for ID at that point there would be no need for replacement charge.
    Exactly, that's what I was saying earlier. If the correct steps were taken, any abuse would be caught. It can be done.

Another way would be to have a specific number or whatever associated with the card, and if a replacement was needed, that number would be void and a new one issued.

Again, it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

i checked abbreviations, and still nothing...
    what in the world is a TIW card??
    thanks in advance...
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tables in Wonderland. A discount program offered to Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. 20% off your table service bill (including drinks) at most Disney owned and operated restaurants on property. There are a few exceptions, etc, but that's the general idea.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: