Quantcast Park Hopper or Water Parks and More

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Ok, so your at WDW for 10 or more nights. Which ticket add-on would you rather have?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Park Hopper

29 50.00%
  • Water Parks & More

9 15.52%
  • You kidding me? I need both.

18 31.03%
  • Neither, I would rather just chill at my resort.

2 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Park Hopper or Water Parks and More

Just curious what you guys would do. Assume you are going for over 10 night. Which would you rather have, park hopper or water parks and more?
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Historically I've always done both. After my last trip where we had one day at the water park, and it really only amounted to a couple of hours, I realized that I'd rather just get the PH and use my "off" day to hang out at the resort and the resort pool and DTD.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

I've done Park Hopper, so we have the flexability to go to another park, or to have dinner somewhere other than the park for the day.

We haven't done the waterparks & more, since it is more than a single day at the waterpark, and we've only done a single day at a waterpark during any trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not as lucky as some of you who live so close to DW so I did get Water Parks & More

Post Thanks / Like

We have never visited the water parks. There are water parks all across America. If I am trying to save $ on my vacation, I will do a local water park. When I am going to WDW...I don't have any interest in water parks. When my DD starts hanging out with her friends at WDW...I'll let her do water parks with them if she wants to. That's when I'll head to the spa by myself

I would rather spend time at our resort and save the $ for something else like shopping or nicer meals. Or now perhaps making it a regular thing to visit Universal's WWoHP That may be our new....must do thing, just have to wait and see after this September!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the park hopper- but if I went during a hotter month I would choice the waterpark option- I have been to the both of them and my ds loved them but for the last couple of trips we had a pass to aquatica so there was no need to go. I love being able to go from a crowded park to a less crowded park. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do love the water parks at WDW, but I'd go w/ park hopper every time. After having worked at WDW off an on for 2 years in the past, and gone soo many times to the parks, I get antsy staying in one park the whole day. Park hopping is absolutely the way to go.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, if I needed to buy a 10 day pass I would buy an annual pass instead and find a way to work in a 2nd trip later in that time frame. But that's just me.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

If there was no way I could do both, the one I couldn't live without would be the park hopper. I feel trapped if I can't leave an extraordinarily busy park and go to another!
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    03/00 FW Campground/AS Movies
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian
    01/19 Sheraton Vistana Villages

Post Thanks / Like

In seven trips, I have never been to the water parks. I guess since we have such good ones around here, I never wanted to cut into "park time."
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We always do both, but if it came down to an absolute one-or-the-other choice, it would be Park Hopper all the way! I can live without BB,TL & DQ, but MUST have freedom to change parks at will!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for both, but I would at least have to have a park hopper.
    We are going in December for 2 weeks. I figured we only have a 10 day pass for the parks, but with the water parks and more option we could spend at least one day at a Blizzard Beach (we really enjoyed TL when we were there in 2008). Spend a day at Downtown Disney ( with Disney Quest, which we also enjoyed on our last trip).
    We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club, which has Stormalong bay. If we stay here i would consider droping the Water parks and more option.
    I wish Disney would offer more than a 10 day ticket, though.
    Kayla
    January 2008 POP
    December 2011 Beach Club for 2 weeks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default water parks

When we get to a park in the morning there's so much to do that it always seems like a waste of time to travel to another park, so we never park hop. But we've only been 3 times. I'm sure that if you get to go every year it'd make a difference. The water parks are amazing at Disney! Typhoon Lagoon's pool is the best. You get the fun of the ocean w/o salt water or anything that can eat you. I was just wishing that we could go during free dining, stay at a value resort, get a 10 day ticket and add the water parks and more then we could stay 17 days for a very decent price. Obviously this is just me wishing while looking out my window at 6 ins. of snow.
    We can't wait to come back to WDW!!!;}

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfamilyof4 View Post
    Obviously this is just me wishing while looking out my window at 6 ins. of snow.
    Just 6 inches? Sounds nice! We're at about two feet and we're looking at another foot tomorrow.
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Disney 5 times and I've only tried the park hopper once. I feel like it would only be worth getting it if you were there less than a week. I have always had time to visit every park twice each time I have went except for one (we usually skip going to Epcot the second time).

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We've put park hopping behind us. We feel that you lose out on so much when you rush around from park to park and spend so much time in transit. We've really learned to take our time and experience so much hidden magic, that can only be found when youre taking your time. If we choose to leave a park early, or arrive late, its usually because we're heading out to tour a resort, try a restaurant we've never been to, etc..

I chose the water parks because I think so many people miss out on a very immersive and fantastic experience at the water parks. Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach are so much fun and far better than "local water parks".
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    I chose the water parks because I think so many people miss out on a very immersive and fantastic experience at the water parks. Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach are so much fun and far better than "local water parks".
    I have to agree. I did marketing many moons ago for the largest water park in southern california. While it was a great water park, I was blown away at how cool TL and BB were.

Plus, you can do Disneyquest too.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I might add-on the water park option if it were a summer trip, but the Park Hopper option is imperative.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

We always get the park hopper. We go to EPOCT nearly every day we stay. While I dont get the water parks ticket, I do go on occasion. You may be able to go to a water park anywhere in the country, but like many other things Disney does it best. Definately worth checking out!

Post Thanks / Like

We find ourselves back at EPCOT pretty consistantly as well. It doesn't matter where we start the day, we seem to be there in the evening!
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: