Quantcast a couple may vs september questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default a couple may vs september questions

hi,
    dw and I are booked for 10 nights in september with free dining we have done september a few times and enjoyed the low crowds but the heat and humidity is a killer!

we now have the opportunity to go in early april or may. would early may be just as hot as september? would crowds be a lot higher than september?

we could also wait until november as we hear that is a super good time for crowds and nice weather.
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have never gone during Sept (this year will be our first Sept visit) but we have visited during May and April. My thought is May is less hot and humid...only because it seems early enough in the season to vary in weather temperatures and still get some possible cooler days. I think April is going to be more crowded than you are perhaps used to in Sept but the weather should definitely be cooler and less humid. I think by september with summer heat it is just a given it will still be warm/hot. That's just my opinion...I am sure someone else will come along who has more experience with Florida weather.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in both May and September. May is quite hot and humid - not sure if it's a bit cooler than September - if it is, it's not by much.

May crowds have typically been manageable though I keep hearing others report that they have been increasing over the last few years.

I'd stay away from late April this year as Easter will be at the very end of April this year. This may also complicate May crowds as a number of folks may delay their vacation trip until after the Easter holiday week.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have strictly been going in Sept the past few years and it is hot. But, if you try going the last week of September you will find that the temperature has dropped a few degrees and you will probably have most days in the manageable 85 degree area with mild humidity and very comfortable nights.

It is hot in september...but remember that is the trade off for miniscule crowds..just think of all the time youll spend in the AC in attractions and not sifting through crowds in the heat!

Post Thanks / Like

May is iffy in terms of heat. The last two years have been low to mid 90s, so definitely still quite warm. Also, crowds are manageable, but have been growing considerably. 2010 seemed more crowded than 2009 and 2009 was more crowded than any other time I've been in early May. Fact is, it just doesn't seem like there is a "low crowd" time any more so just go when it's convenient for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

May 2010 - HOT HOT HOT! Mid to upper 90's (same as it was for us in 2009) and May 2010 crowd by 3pm was CONSIDERABLY larger than it was May 2009.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we have done 3 trips in September and our last in May.

We thought it was pretty close to the same kind of weather.

On average, it was maybe a couple of degree's cooler in May.

The biggest difference we noticed was there were no love bugs in May.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer May due to the Flower & Garden Festival going on until the 15th.
    The topiaries are really something to see.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

We always used to go last week in April thru the first week in May. The weather is about the same temperature as in Sept, but not as humid and there seems to be less of a chance of rain/thunderstorms in May as opposed to Sept (Sept is hurricane season).

As for the crowds, they have been increasing over the years and although May is fairly light (as opposed to other times of the year) there are a LOT of school groups. I don't think they necessarily stay on the grounds but they are in the parks. Which add to the crowd level and also the groups tend to be jr high and high school. The high schoolers are not so bad, but the jr high kids with limited supervision wears on my nerves - especially if we are in front or behind a group of them in que.
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm second guessing our trip for Sept 18-24. Im not good with heat and with red hair we sun burn just looking at the sun
    Me DD 15 DD 15 DS17 DH

MARCH 2008 OFFSITE
    ME, DS13 DD13 DS15

MARCH 2009 POR
    ME, DH DD14 DD14

SEPTEMBER 2011
    ME, DH, DD15 DD15
    16TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Last May we arrived the 1st it was mid to upper 90's the entire week, and the first two days were packed. I thought it was spring break all over again, totally crazy!!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javamama View Post
    Last May we arrived the 1st it was mid to upper 90's the entire week, and the first two days were packed. I thought it was spring break all over again, totally crazy!!
    We were going to go then too, but Wendy from Magical Journey's warned us about school breaks at so we moved our vacation back a little bit.

yet another reason for using MJ is they so know the travel seasons.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been a couple times during both of those months. While we had one May trip that was cooler, I would say the temps were fairly comperable for the other trips. We prefer Sept. for the lower crowd levels.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you there! My husband is of totally different constitution and colouring, and really wants to go in a "hot" month. But one of my little red-heads is in Hawaii right now (with friends, lucky kid) and she says she has not burned at all because she's been carefull with hat, sunscreen, and light-weight long sleeved t-shirts. I'm willing to risk it at Disney, but just be careful. (First time we went in December I got a bad burn!)

Quote Originally Posted by KennyandKim View Post
    Now I'm second guessing our trip for Sept 18-24. Im not good with heat and with red hair we sun burn just looking at the sun

Post Thanks / Like

I was there end of April through early May last year and didn't find the heat to be real bad and found the crowds to be moderate. I haven't been in September, but I'm going the last week of September this year so I've researched it a lot and found this is truly the time with the lowest crowd numbers historically. I'm going at the end of the month hoping for slightly cooler temps, and also hoping to avoid some storms. October's average rainfall is significantly less than September. Also, my dates slightly overlap with the Food & Wine fest which is a plus!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: