Quantcast Least Favorite Pixar? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    There's a list ("Pixar's Winning Streak") on Rotten Tomatoes (where they average out movie critics' reviews) when there was 9 Pixar movies. Wall-E was #5 and Ratatouille was #6 when all the reviews of all the films were averaged out.

Since that list was made, both Up and TS 3 have gotten higher scores, so Wall-E drops to #7 and Ratatouille #8 on the snobby critics' list.
    You piqued my interest, so I checked the scores of all 11 Pixar movies on the critical aggregate sites Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic.

First, the Metacritic results, which assign a normalized score out of 100 for each film based on the enthusiasm (or lack thereof) of the reviews:

11. Cars -- 73
    10. A Bug's Life -- 77
    9. Monsters, Inc. -- 78
    8t. Up -- 88
    8t. Toy Story 2 -- 88
    6. Finding Nemo -- 89
    5. The Incredibles -- 90
    4t. Toy Story 3 -- 92
    4t. Toy Story -- 92
    2. WALL-E -- 94
    1. Ratatouille -- 96

And now for Rotten Tomatoes, which assigns a percentage that represents the percentage of overall favorable reviews, not taking into account the enthusiasm of the review. Therefore, an extremely positive review and a mildly positive review are worth the same. Also, a normalized ranking out of 10 that does take the review's tone into account:

11. Cars -- 6.9/10 (74%)
    10. A Bug's Life -- 7.9/10 (91%)
    9. Monsters, Inc. -- 7.9/10 (95%)
    8. The Incredibles -- 8.3/10 (97%)
    7t. WALL-E -- 8.4/10 (96%)
    7t. Ratatouille -- 8.4/10 (96%)
    5. Finding Nemo -- 8.5/10 (98%)
    4. Up -- 8.6/10 (98%)
    3. Toy Story 2 -- 8.6/10 (100%)
    2. Toy Story 3 -- 8.8/10 (99%)
    1. Toy Story -- 9.0/10 (100%)

What does all this mean? Really, not that much. The one thing it seems everybody agrees on is that the "Toy Story" franchise is wonderful. That's about it.

I still wonder what it is about "Cars" that enchanted audience and turned off critics. It's the one Pixar movie that really shows a major schism.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a very difficult question to wrap my head around. Because if you put everything into perspective...even the weakest PIXAR film is superior to two thirds of every other film that comes out of Hollywood.

That being said, I'd have to say my least favorite is the ever cliched answer of Ratatouille. My reasoning being that unlike other PIXAR films, Ratatouille simply didn't have as engaging a dramatis personae. I just never connected with anyone in the movie.

It also didn't feel like a rollercoaster ride the way other PIXAR films do. PIXAR has had this knack for crafting films with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Ratatouille just do that for me. It's the only PIXAR film I struggled to get through the first time and I've not returned for another viewing since.

Now I feel like giving you my obligatory ranking of the PIXAR movies. So without further adieu...

1) Finding Nemo
    2) Toy Story 3
    3) Toy Story 2
    4) Monsters Inc
    5) The Incredibles
    6) Toy Story
    7) Wall*E
    8) Up!
    9) A Bug's Life
    10) Cars
    11) Ratatouille

Now this is simply a list ranking the movies as to my enjoyment of them. Not in actual ranking of quality of movie. That list would go something like this...

1) Up!
    2) Wall*E
    3) Toy Story 2
    4) Finding Nemo
    5) Toy Story 3
    6) Monsters Inc
    7) Toy Story
    8) The Incredibles
    9) Cars
    10) A Bug's Life
    11) Ratatouille

I must say in reference to those that consider Wall* E too "preachy". Yeah it's a film with a message and perhaps it gets a trifle heavy handed with it...but that can take nothing away from the near flawless story telling that film accomplished. If nothing else the film succeeds above others simply based on the first half hour+ of plot that is told without a single stitch of spoken dialogue. Just brilliant!
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my list in order of my favorites:

1) Wall-E
    2) Toy Story (all 3. I can't figure out which one I like the most)
    3) Up
    4) Monsters Inc.
    5) Finding Nemo
    6) The Incredibles
    7) A Bug's Life
    8) Ratatouille
    9) Cars (I fell asleep while watching it)

I was so surprised I like Wall-E as much as I do. I thought the "preachiness" was so much more subtle than what I had expected. And I just think he is the cutest. I love his little crush on EVE throughout the movie.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with a lot of te folks here and say my answer is Its a Bugs Life for my least favorite pixar flick (no pun intended... ok who am I kidding, I thought it was funny)

That being said, notice I mentione LEAST FAVORITE, and not worst. I love all of them and depending on my mood, different one will be my fav for that moment.

I love the little details in Cars, like the volkswagen "bugs" who used turn signals. All the panaramic scenery that had autobody parts molded into it. the list could go on and on.

Nemo... Beautiful. And the comedy in it was great i thought (Nemo touched the BUTT!!!) Ellen is brilliant as Dory. So many memorable characters.

One poster mentioned that UP was a bit sad for them at the begining when Ellie died. Would you believe thats one of the parts that made me love that movie? You could really connect with how heartbroken Carl was how he turned into a grumpy old man. The visuals of the jungle were ..SQUIRREL!!! were breathtaking and even better if you saw it in 3D at the theater.

Im a comic book nerd from waaaay back. Incredibles, 'nuff said (10 bonus points to those who caught that reference and can name it)

Monsters Inc brought us a wonderful new world where in the end, a childs laughter is the most powerful thing. It also taught us what color puce is.

I really could keep going but im sure you are bored to death by now. And really, you arnt that interested in me rabmling about each movie and what I love about it. Are you.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad movie in the lot. In fact they're all great! (IMHO) However, my least favorite is Nemo followed very closely by Bug's Life.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: