Quantcast Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    And why Krista before Stephanie? Odd!
    In my mind, Krista sealed her fate at the Council when she wouldn't stop yapping. If people were mentally tossing a coin between Krista and Stephanie, this was certainly the deciding factor.

Right now, I'm rooting for Matt. I feel he's getting the short end of the stick by not being able to build relationships.

I did enjoy him calling out Rob at the duel.
    Just Jill.......

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    In my mind, Krista sealed her fate at the Council when she wouldn't stop yapping. If people were mentally tossing a coin between Krista and Stephanie, this was certainly the deciding factor.
    Agreed, but that was just at TC. Stephanie seems to be the more dangerous of the two. I wonder if there's something that was left on the cutting room floor. Why would Krista seem more vital to ditch than the usually mouthier Stephanie? Just really weird for me. From what we've been shown, it seemed to be a no brainer to eliminate Stephanie first. Though, as you say, that TC might have changed things.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, but that was just at TC. Stephanie seems to be the more dangerous of the two. I wonder if there's something that was left on the cutting room floor. Why would Krista seem more vital to ditch than the usually mouthier Stephanie? Just really weird for me. From what we've been shown, it seemed to be a no brainer to eliminate Stephanie first. Though, as you say, that TC might have changed things.
    Didn't one of the other tribe members say something about Stephanie maybe being easier to get on their side after the merge but no way for Krista?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Didn't one of the other tribe members say something about Stephanie maybe being easier to get on their side after the merge but no way for Krista?
    Yeah, delusional statement. Or so it seems to me. It looks pretty obvious from here that both girls would turn, unless there's something we're not seeing. The Sarita-David argument plus Krista's parting commentary leaves room to speculate this tribe could realign before merge, I guess.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

The show was a little "ho-hum", except for Rob's little switch the immunity idol clue scene....I kinda liked it, a new tactic.
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QTPie68 View Post
    The show was a little "ho-hum", except for Rob's little switch the immunity idol clue scene....I kinda liked it, a new tactic.
    Yeah but why bother? Rob has already found the idol so what difference does it make to switch the clues? Except for getting rid of Russell, this whole season has been kind of dull. Have they exhausted all their tricks?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

No, Ian. I think now that Russell is gone ,it is boring. I am a Russell fan also. If everyone played mr nice guy; I not would not be watching. The first time he played, I was offended that he lied about surviving hurricane Katrina. As a resident of n.o.la., I got over it eventually. Boston Rob is too smug for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! They didn't waste any time getting rid of Stephanie, did they? Sarita seems to be next on the block if her team doesn't win immunity.

And when does Matt come back to a tribe? Or does he have to spend the entire game battling each and every person eliminated at Tribal Council? That doesn't seem very fair to me.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

If Matt comes back, Andrea is in a good place maybe and someone can start thinking about taking Rob out. Not that I want him out, but I don't really want him to win again-- unless he remains the only one playing the game out there.

But Andrea, sheesh. Matt is out there alone and she's jealous because he has some bonding time with another blonde? Get over it, sweetie. It's a game! Also, if Matt comes back, he's looking good for a potential win. I would have to respect the time he spent alone beating competitor after competitor. It might sway me at the end.

David is not playing smart, for such a supposedly smart guy. Sarita is suddenly annoying. Steve has already had some trouble. And then there's Ralph, who is begging for a blindside. That team is falling apart. Why didn't Sarita ever point out that they lost that challenge with Stephanie in the game, and the one before it? She didn't make a great case for herself to stay.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

If Matt comes back, Andrea is in a good place maybe and someone can start thinking about taking Rob out. Not that I want him out, but I don't really want him to win again-- unless he remains the only one playing the game out there.

Rob has never won:
    -Marquessa (voted out prejury)
    -Allstars (finished 2nd to Amber)
    -Heroes vs Villians (voted out prejury)

The last time Ometepe went to tribal I was thinking it would have been smart for Rob to send Andrea (instead of Krisina), that way regardless of what happens, either Matt or Andrea is out and it breaks up any potential alliance that could form down the road. That's what is happening with Zapatera, Russell's alliance is getting sent to Redemption one be one, ensuring at most, only one can survive.

My guess is that whoever survives Redemption Island will come back into the game at the point of the merge. Any earlier and it wouldn't be fair, unless they are given immunity from the vote at their first tribal back (similar to what happened with the Outcasts in Pearl Islands).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Yeah but why bother? Rob has already found the idol so what difference does it make to switch the clues? Except for getting rid of Russell, this whole season has been kind of dull. Have they exhausted all their tricks?
    It made a big difference. The clue that Rob was switching was clue #2 for clue #1. Clue #1 basically said, "go look for an idol" and that was about it. But each successive clue gives more detail to where it is hidden. That he has the idol is irrelevant, as unlike other bone-headed Survivors Rob has actually kept it a secret that he has the idol. If Grant actually sees clue #2 instead of #1, the likelihood of him finding the hiding spot, with no idol present,is much greater, which would tell him that someone else already has it.

Rob's ploy was a minor move, but it was designed to keep his tribe in the dark as long as possilbe as to the where abouts of the idol.

I don't always like Rob (couldn't stand him on Amazing Race) but in Survivor he's in his element, you can't take that away from him. This little move with the clue and not revealing to anyone that he has the idol shows why he is one of the better players in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I don't always like Rob (couldn't stand him on Amazing Race) but in Survivor he's in his element, you can't take that away from him.
    Yup. I'll take Rob over Russell ANY day. Maybe this time he'll take the top prize.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Rob has never won:
    -Marquessa (voted out prejury)
    -Allstars (finished 2nd to Amber)
    -Heroes vs Villians (voted out prejury)
    I know the history, thanks. He married Amber, which is really like they both won. Technically, no, but it is the same for me. And I've seen enough of him. I don't think he needs to be in the final four. But like I said, if he's the only one playing the game, I could change my mind on that.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Phillip is certifiably crazy (and oh so entertaining), but he is right on about Rob and his lap dogs. And for this viewer, the aspect of all those folks wagging their tongues at Rob is boring.

Matt just keeps racking up the wins and my respect in the meantime. It will be a shame if he's not the one allowed back in the game, but at the same time, wonder if TPTB at Survivor will view the whole 'redemption island' thing a failure if one person dominates?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Matt might come back in, but who would keep him around long after his RI performance? He could easily be a target of both sides unless he's seen as more useful than dangerous.

Sarita and David, not my favorites, but I was really rooting for David over Sarita last night. She was too smug and not even bringing her stuff to TC? Bye! Merge coming up, this could be a whole new game considering we have some loose alliances and potential flippers on both sides. Wild! How much longer can Phillip stick around? And this doesn't bode well for Rob.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the merge coming next week could at all be good for Rob. I'm coming to like Grant (is that his name???) He is wild in the physical chellenges.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Loved this week's show, especially the part where Rob tossed the clue, without reading it, into the volcano. We were thinking how funny it would have been to discover that the clue actually held some other useful information .

Looking forward to Matt getting off Redemption Island. He's been a good competitor. Wonder who he'll forge an alliance with once the merge happens.

The hissy Phillip threw about the crispy rice was wonderful. Love the close-up of him chewing and chewing.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm coming to like Grant (is that his name???) He is wild in the physical chellenges.
    I actually like Grant a lot, too. He's an ex-NFL wide receiver, which is why he's so wild in the challenges. I imagine after getting drilled by a free safety after going across the middle to catch a pass a few thousand times, these Survivor challenges seem like a breeze to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Loved this week's show, especially the part where Rob tossed the clue, without reading it, into the volcano.
    Yeah, that was a laugh out load moment for our family, too. Rob's awesome.

I'll be honest ... I'm not a big Matt fan. I've said it before, but the whole "God" thing during reality T.V. shows just really turns me off. The idea that someone would think their God has the time to worry about how well they're doing on a game show just irks me and immediately makes me dislike the person. I'm sure that will rub some folks the wrong way, but hey ... it's how I feel.

So bottom line is, I don't really care if he comes back into the game or not and if he does I hope he goes home. Fast.

And yeah ... Phillip, man! Woooooooooooooooooo!!

"Why can't I have some of the crispy rice? Why should Rob get all the crispy rice? I'd just like a teaspoon full of the crispy rice. I'm the senior member of the tribe. I'm the oldest. I should get the pick of the crispy rice. Not Rob. "
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny! I'm so opposite of all you folks. The sooner Rob goes, and pretty much the rest of his tribe as well, the better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Too funny! I'm so opposite of all you folks. The sooner Rob goes, and pretty much the rest of his tribe as well, the better!
    Melanie, I'm not a Rob fan either, and I can't stand the cutesy girls who are hanging on him. I do like Grant, but that kind of strength might not last after merge. I don't think Matt will last (and I agree with you, Ian, on Matt for the same reasons). I want to see some play out there. I think David might have something more to offer after last night, if he starts playing a smarter social game.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: